Forgot to turn in Morrigans Quest

scottmack

Hi all, im on my first runthrough of dragon age and have completed the main quest and awakenings it was only after i realized I still had flemeths grimoire in my inventory and i thought i had spoken to morrigan and given it to her. Apparently not, my origins save is 42 hours on the epilogue of origins and my last save outside of the final quest is only at 34 hours. I'd rather not speedrun the rest again, is there a toolset editor so I can check whether I did complete the quest or manually mark it as complete instead? :confused: Or is it possible to give her the grimoire in witch hunt?

Well scottmack, the answers are: yes, just maybe, and no.

Originally I was going to say that the answers were "no, no, and no. There is a Toolset, but with the default install you can't load a .das save file unless it's under 1MB, (which basically means from "before you leave Lothering for the first time".) But then I remembered that you can apply the "Large Array Aware" (LAA) hak to the DA Toolset .exe and that will allow you to load much larger .das files Just tested with a 15MB DAA save and it worked fine.

(Here's a link to the LAA hak itself, and see this post archived over on the new BioWare forums: "CtD", for info on using it in DA.)

Having overcome that issue, your next problem is that completing Morrigan's PQ affects many different things; her relationship status with the Warden for one (and exactly how that changes depends on your dialogue responses to her.) And I'm not sure what/where all those settings are found in the .das file, or what the "right" values might be.

Maybe someone else has those pieces of the puzzle! :geek:

[EDIT: Updated to reflect a workaround for the limit on save-file size within the Toolset.]

Edited by Thandal
new information.

Unfortunately scottmack, the answers are: no, just maybe, and no.

There is a Toolset, but unless your save file is less than 1MB, (almost impossible by the end of the main campaign) you can't load it to edit it.

Originally I was going to say that the answers were "no, no, and no", but as I was contemplating your situation I had an idea. It might be possible to load an Awakening save and make the edits there. But completing Morrigan's PQ affects many different things; her relationship status with the Warden for one (and exactly how that changes depends on your dialogue response to her.) Not sure what/where all those settings are found in the .das file, or what the "right" values might be.

Well thats put a dampener on my weekend :tongue: Seems like my best course of action is just to rough it then, I'll probably just put on godmode and get a ridiculously op 1 hit kill weapon for my party to storm through it again. Hopefully it wont take long :wallbash:

Appreciate the info tho!

EDIT: Also would there exist a list somewhere of all quests that effect DA2 from Origins and Awakening. This way I can skip past some sides I did to save time?

Edited by scottmack

According to the DA Wiki, there's a debug script for use in Witch Hunt that allows the player to "set the game state for all past choices regarding Morrigan (e.g. whether you've romanced her or not, whether you accepted the ritual, if you have her ring etc.)"

Copy/pasta:

runscript zz_str_morrigan - Starts a script (for Witch Hunt) which can be used to set the game state for all past choices regarding Morrigan (e.g. whether you've romanced her or not, whether you accepted the ritual, if you have her ring etc.)

No idea whether the grimoire is one of those choices, but it might be worth looking at before committing to a god-mode speed run. (And if you decide ultimately to play god, I super-highly recommend Skip Fight for the DAO portion... typing "runscript killallhostiles" a millionty-billion times is a very tedious exercise indeed.)

According to the DA Wiki, there's a debug script for use in Witch Hunt that allows the player to "set the game state for all past choices regarding Morrigan (e.g. whether you've romanced her or not, whether you accepted the ritual, if you have her ring etc.)"

Copy/pasta:

runscript zz_str_morrigan - Starts a script (for Witch Hunt) which can be used to set the game state for all past choices regarding Morrigan (e.g. whether you've romanced her or not, whether you accepted the ritual, if you have her ring etc.)

No idea whether the grimoire is one of those choices, but it might be worth looking at before committing to a god-mode speed run. (And if you decide ultimately to play god, I super-highly recommend Skip Fight for the DAO portion... typing "runscript killallhostiles" a millionty-billion times is a very tedious exercise indeed.)

This was a big help! I tried the CC but it doesnt mention the grimoire, only killing flemeth which might include the whole quest but I didnt want to risk it.

The Skip Fight has been so useful, just refinished the campaign doing some side quests I missed the first time, got a nice ending. Just gotta rush through Awakenings Main quest tomorrow, pretty sure the sidequests dont carry much over anyway in the expansion.

Kudos Given!

I tested the zz_str_morrigan script in WH, and it worked perfectly. I didn't play through to the end, but in Flemeth's hut I got the option for the dialogue response to Ariane that indicates a successful completion of Morri's PQ. So while there isn't a specific question about the Grimoire in the debug script, the game will indeed behave as if you gave it to her in DAO. :thumbsup:

NOTE: I had edited my original reply to your query to reflect some additional testing I did with the DA Toolset, but that must have been after you had already seen it. I just added a clarification to that post as well. If one knew all the correct data elements and values within the .das save file, one could in fact make the changes there directly. But there's a lot of them, so the Command Console is much easier! :laugh:

<snip>

EDIT: Also would there exist a list somewhere of all quests that effect DA2 from Origins and Awakening. This way I can skip past some sides I did to save time?

Easiest way to get that info is to start a New Game in DA2 then, (after you get through the prologue for the upteenth time) begin to import a character, any character, that has completed both DAO and DAA. Select "Plot Summary", and you'll see the choices that DA2 recognizes:

http://static-3.nexusmods.com/15/images/141/1678793-1408804932.jpg

Not a lot of items, although that list may be incomplete. I read somewhere that there were 18 data elements that can be carried into DA2. But perhaps things like the Warden's gender (so that Alistair/Anora can use the correct pronoun when referring to the Hero of Ferelden) are included in that count.

Basically, it's the straight DAO/DAA main-plot required decisions, plus a few things from the TSP, WK, and RtO DLCs.

And some that I wouldn't have thought mattered, (who cares about Cailan's corpse?) are there, while some I would have thought mattered a great deal, (did you save Redcliffe Village?) aren't. Go figure! :geek:

I have just finished witch hunt after power running it all but that CC will be useful for people who befall the same mistake as me.

Thanks for all the help! :smile: Onto DA2 now!