Script Compile Failed

NoiseBomb91

I have written many scripts in the past and I have never had this issue until now. When I save my script (as a psc file) in Notepad++ and then open Creation Kit and compile my script, I get this error:

Starting 1 compile threads for 1 files...
Compiling "[Script Name Removed]"...
No output generated for [Script Name Removed], compilation failed.

Batch compile of 1 files finished. 0 succeeded, 1 failed.
Failed on [Script Name Removed]

This happens on 3 out of 4 scripts I have recently written. The other one compiles (with errors) just fine.

EDIT: After doing a little searching I added the compiler to Notepad++ and fixed my Papyrus Compiler.bat

If you are having a similar problem use this link.

Edited by NoiseBomb91

I'm experiencing this issue when compiling any scripts -- both those I've written and those built into the game. The problem has not been fixed by replacing my ScriptCompile.bat with the one on the article you linked. :\

I don't use Notepad++. Compiling in the Creation Kit causes the entire CK to hang for several seconds, after which I get the displayed errors. I've been finding *.PAS files left in my folders, which suggests that the problem happens somewhere after converting to assembly. It only just started today; two days ago, I could compile just fine.

I'm stuck.

Edited by DavidJCobb

I'm experiencing this issue when compiling any scripts -- both those I've written and those built into the game. The problem has not been fixed by replacing my ScriptCompile.bat with the one on the article you linked. :\

I don't use Notepad++. Compiling in the Creation Kit causes the entire CK to hang for several seconds, after which I get the displayed errors. I've been finding *.PAS files left in my folders, which suggests that the problem happens somewhere after converting to assembly. It only just started today; two days ago, I could compile just fine.

I'm stuck.

I'm having the same issue, as of yesterday. Can't even compile a script that contains only comments. I also get .pas files left in the script folder after the failed compile. I've tried verifying the game and ck files as well as complete reinstall of both but the issue persists.

Edit:

Using the link in NoiseBomb91's post I can now compile scripts again with an external editor.

I'm stuck.

If you can, try using Notepad++. The link I provided above should show you how to set up everything for it. I've found it much easier to use. Also, if you have the .bat named ScriptCompile without the space, that might be your problem.

armasan - good to hear that this helped you.

Also, if anyone has found a way to get the SKSE script functions to compile with custom scripts without giving errors like "IsLightArmor is not a function or does not exist" please let me know or link me in the right direction. I've tried verifying and manually reinstalling the SKSE scripts to no avail.

Been playing around with this a bit more today after seeing error logs for PapyrusAssembler.exe in the event viewer.

In the end I fixed the errors when compiling scripts within the ck by setting both papyrusassembler.exe and papyruscompiler.exe to "windows 7" option under compatibility mode.

Just to note I am running windows 7, so if someone could explain the difference to me there I would appreciate it. I only use Windows for Skyrim and the CK so I'm not well versed in what the compatibility options actually change.

Been playing around with this a bit more today after seeing error logs for PapyrusAssembler.exe in the event viewer.

In the end I fixed the errors when compiling scripts within the ck by setting both papyrusassembler.exe and papyruscompiler.exe to "windows 7" option under compatibility mode.

Just to note I am running windows 7, so if someone could explain the difference to me there I would appreciate it. I only use Windows for Skyrim and the CK so I'm not well versed in what the compatibility options actually change.

Yep, this fixes it for me as well. Did a Windows update do something screwy or something?

Thanks for the fix. :)

(Side note for anyone wishing to tinker: setting the executables to always run as administrator prevents the CK from launching them at all.)

Edited by DavidJCobb

From my above post:

Also, if anyone has found a way to get the SKSE script functions to compile with custom scripts without giving errors like "IsLightArmor is not a function or does not exist" please let me know or link me in the right direction. I've tried verifying and manually reinstalling the SKSE scripts to no avail.

I figured this out. What I was trying to do was, during and OnItemAdded event, check if the item added was armor useing:

akBaseItem.IsLightArmor()

By adding a cast to akBaseItem, I was able to get the script to compile:

(akBaseItem as Armor).IsLightArmor()

Just as a heads up for anyone else who is having a similar problem.

• 2 months later...

From my above post:

I figured this out. What I was trying to do was, during and OnItemAdded event, check if the item added was armor useing:

I have the same problem ,look

http://forums.nexusmods.com/index.php?/topic/2287139-so-strange-i-cant-compile-skse-functions/?hl=%2Bskse+%2Bfunction+%2Bcompile

From my above post:

I have the same problem ,look

http://forums.nexusmods.com/index.php?/topic/2287139-so-strange-i-cant-compile-skse-functions/?hl=%2Bskse+%2Bfunction+%2Bcompile

Your link seems to be broken for me.

• 5 years later...