Weird Torch Lighting Issue on Vanilla game

randomname96

This is a completely vanilla save except for the house mod that I am using to show this bug, but this sort of weird lighting is happening to me in nearly every interior, it is not because of the one mod I have installed (castle stonespire) I still get this with it uninstalled but this is happening everywhere and has been always, My drivers are all up to date so it is not that. Anyone any Ideas?

I guess I know what you mean, but don't remember the fix right now.

Anyway, "weird lighting" is something you should be more specific about. I know, hard to explain, but they say a picture says more then a thousand words

Edited by Xelan255

I guess I know what you mean, but don't remember the fix right now.

Anyway, "weird lighting" is something you should be more specific about. I know, hard to explain, but they say a picture says more then a thousand words

I tried to upload a video Just relised it didn't work i'll upload it to dropbox and post a link

Edited by danielos96

I'll just go ahead and tell you that this is probably the bug that when there's too many light sources simultaneously lighting up the same area, the lighting goes black. This usually occurs in dungeons or interiors when using magelight or a torch.

As far as I know there isn't a fix for this, it's a vanilla bug I believe due to the engines limitations.

Edited by Valkasha

Nope no mod as of yet. I never played console but I'm sure you can create the same effect on console, since it's a vanilla bug. Just don't use torches and magelight in well-lit areas. Doesn't really make sense to use a torch in a well-lit interior anyway. You're not going to walk around a hotel with a flash light either, now are you?

Edited by Valkasha