From Day Dreams of a Spaced Out old Man comes

Deleted54170User

Fallout 3 works fine in Windows 10 now.

I decided that I wanted to play it again.

( If you've never played Fallout 3 to get the GFWL software you might need it, like I did; when you launch the game a Windows 10 message appears. If you click on LEARN MORE a web page appears that opening a blank page in Windows Edge browser.

Look down at the bottom left corner and you will see the download you need. Get it. Don't run it just yet. Get the Games for Live Disabler from Nexusmods too. )

I installed the game without adding any DLCs or other mods, I played. Then I saved the game inside the cave at the exit of the vault. I quit the game. The game crashed allot. Just to be on the safe side I ran the GFWL software so the LIVE function was activated.

After that I ran the Games for Windows Live Disabler found here at Nexusmods.

Then too I fired up the FOMM.

I moved the backed up Data folders contents, I saved from 2012, into the Data new folder. All the DLCs that I moved out of the dark and mysterious place in Windows System folders, where they were hidden, were included.

I launched FOMM from the folder named GeMM.

I checked all the Mods and then left (LMB) clicked, on, Launch with FOSE.

FOMM reported that I needed the latest patch for Fallout when I left clicked on launch with FOSE. I surfed to Bethesda and got the 1.7 patch. After I installed the patch the game started crashing all over again.

That is; until I decided to remove the check mark next to ArchiveInvalidation in the Tools menu of FOMM.

• Replies 768
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I tweaked my 1987 F250 using 1970 Cadillac windows hoses from the automatic windows. Spliced them onto the trucks engines vacuum tube lines to get the auto adjusting fuel injection working fine. I traded the Cadillac for a 1947 Chevy and had the block water casing welded, tuned the engine, and traded it off and the next and the next until I got enough cash to finish the pickups 6 month annual checkup.

I got the oil changed, the block flushed and radiator filled, differential slip and filled. General check up and put the money I got for the 47 Chevy to good use.

Now I can take another road trip, this time the oil plug and pan threads are new so it won't leak like it did when the oil was hot on a road trip all morning to late afternoon. Twenty hours with nothing but convenient store soda pop and junk food for me all the way to Southern Utah. I took a two hour nap 10 miles north of St George.

Then at sunrise I filled up the oil and check the gas. Found some tools at a second hand shop in Salt Lake City. Tighten the plug enough to make it to Pebble Beach Gold Course. Drove all morning in head winds across the great salt lake freeway to the top of the Sierra's. Where I took a 10 minute power nap at a side road pull over.

I made it to the west side of the mountain check station for exhaust emissions before entering California before I decided to stop. I checked the oil and determined the truck was down too far to make the final lap. Turned around and I drove 28 hours on caffeine and danishes all the way back to this soft soda town where the caffeine is almost non-existent even in soda pop. I run on 395 milligrams of caffeine in coffee, a soda bottle, or 32 ounce cup.

With the differential cleaned and refilled, the transmission oil stable, oil change, and block flushed of old radiator gunk, and new radiator fluid added, brand spanking new all weather tires, I just don't know what I am going to do with all that refreshed motivation.

After eating a square piece velvet red cake I was just resting and waiting for a call.

I can only say that it has been a fine day. I got several things done.

I reviewed the play that Bill Shakes his own spear wrote, "The Merchant of Venice".

Such a marvelous time when the way to make it as a merchant entailed earning our way out of the vineyards of a great Patriarch.

Hands sore from picking grapes all day, and earning a bundle of coins to pay use after the days work for shelter, food, and folly.

The only way better to get out of the vineyard work was too earn enough coins to pay a ship master to sail to the far east and procure a bundle of some stock that would earn the purchaser the status symbol of merchant and making a profit selling the stock that the ship master brought back from the far east.

In those days it was a great risk because when the great waves troubled a ship the storms might cause the ship and crew and stock to get lost at sea. Or maybe pirates might capture the ship and take the loot. Thus taking away all the hopes of a hopeful, soon to be, merchant. Losing all because all was lost that was on board the ship hurt severely.

Either way the real life practice was a fair way to begin as a merchant. While some lost, a few were success stories. It never was said with more importance back then, then is was, "Never a lender or borrower be".

The losers were doubled and troubled if they borrowed the money from a lender because the lender lost too.

But... if one such borrowers ship came in on the day expected a Winner was soon to become a Merchant. The lender and the new Merchant had a profitable year.

Too bad for some, that the ways of old can never be, because the cost of such adventures is greater than a city full of grape vine harvesters could afford in a lifetime.

Oh! Wait! That's not entirely true. For some of the smartest people who became merchants did so when they began to be aged well, like a fine wine, and were smarter for their years of experience.

Back then young merchants from the grape vine harvesters were few and far between compared to the elderly ones who had made it while picking grapes so that their young could have a better life. The elders sat home in their luxurious apartments.

While their young were out selling the goods from another successful ship coming in for the real Merchants of Venice. The real merchants of Venice were, Guess who?

The former vineyard grape harvesters who were their parents.

If all else fails a vineyard grape harvester they still have a job picking grapes.

Never a borrower or lender be.

Some people still do borrow; when they think they have a winner.

I was alerted to a thermostat glitch. I had to get to it and reset it. By the time I had been notified it had already raised the room temperature by ten degrees. The room had reached 75 degrees F. before anyone noticed it. When I arrived the thermostat setting appeared to have been raised to 64 degrees and it wasn't able to achieve it. I took action and reset it. I noted the clock setting had been changed so the clock was two hours ahead of the actual time. I quickly reset the time. Reset the temperature for the room so the off room I was located in would alert me the next time something, or someone, made a change to it.

I thought about what tasks I have to perform this morning; later.

I got an Espresso'.

Hm? What's next?

Because I missed bathing in the in door waterfall I will take a sits bath and continue to the next task.

I noticed that where the machine is where this post is presently says that the clock there is showing it is 3:45 PM. It is almost 9:00 AM MST here. That must be the time where the nexusmods Forums is posting the time for the server.

It wasn't day this time that I was day dreaming.

It was nearly 9:00 PM MST when snowfall began last evening. I day dreamed about it covering the vehicle outside and being so deep I would need to dig it out. I day dreamed I might have to get up first thing in the morning to do it so I could get it ready to go in case of emergencies.

I looked out the window this morning. The vehicle had a nice coat of white Snow making it look like it had a thin blanket. I wondered what might of given me such dire thought that the snow would fall all night long and leave nearly 3 feet in depth.

I guess I was just wondering. Like a child fearing the worst. I even recall dreaming a bit during my sleep and saw the idea of having that much snow. I could just barely make out the vehicle on the opposite side in the dream. If my dream sleep had added another foot or two of snow I would not have been able to see the vehicle at all.

I was relieved to see the thin blanket, after all my worries.

• 3 weeks later...

Then there is the question of the differences children/adolescence/adult experienced with a group, by them self, and not to forget individuals who experienced life almost alone, because there were a few likened to a lone wolf who couldn't find a group they fit in with in their era.

H. G. Wells wrote several books about history and in it he added interesting comparisons to the past with his own present day experiences. Chock one up for an educator that realized how to make history lessons interesting; at least for him self while writing the book, "The OUTLINE of HISTORY by Wells" and many more.

Does our thought get interfered with by the inner self? There is believed to be a part of us we all share unconditionally which it is believed to have a wanton uncontrollable desire to dominate and rule even the Universe. It's called our "ID".

I remember seeing the movie, "The Forbidden Planet" where the ID was described by the science team guy when he was doing his dieing bit. (Sure took him a long time to die) :wink: :wink: (squeezing in that whole bit about the ID that is within all of us before his last breath.) How can it be so?

Isn't our individualism at risk if the ID is within all of us?

Why do we all have it and are not able to see some reason for it to keep us all thinking we are all the same being with multiple facets of identity?

Physical as well as mental separate identities.

After seeing many of H. G. Wells books I felt sure that he had to have had a hundred helpers writing from his central ID extending into other forms of his ID; or... maybe he started writing the first day he learned how.

Did some stenographer and all his students take notes on everything he said and then compile all the books from while he was teaching classes. Those that he wrote about history, not to mention all the books he wrote on other topics.

Time Travel? What a shocker I had when I realized he wrote school books. A copy I have, that was in my parents collection of books, I inherited, is one that is falling apart because it was written so many years ago is... "The OUTLINE OF HISTORY. Educator Edition Third Edition Revised."

I wonder how the original was written with so much more that it was necessary to edit it for their generation because someone thought their generation would not understand Wells writings from H. G. Wells view comparing his life too also to Wells life?

We can learn allot about our selves from the individual selfish established exclamatory often heard. "Yup! That's what it was like when I grew up. That my emphasis on MY Era. My Generation".

People try to put us d-down (talkin' 'bout my generation)
Just because we get around (talkin' 'bout my generation)
Things they do look awful c-c-cold (talkin' 'bout my generation)
I hope I die before I get old (talkin' 'bout my generation)
This is my generation
This is my generation, baby
Why don't you all f-fade away (talkin' 'bout my generation)
Don't try to dig what we all s-s-s-say (talkin' 'bout my generation)
I'm not trying to 'cause a big s-s-sensation (talkin' 'bout my generation)
I'm just talkin' 'bout my g-g-g-generation (talkin' 'bout my generation)
My generation
Why don't you all f-fade away (talkin' 'bout my generation)
And don't try to d-dig what we all s-s-say (talkin' 'bout my generation)
I'm not trying to 'cause a b-big s-s-sensation (talkin' 'bout my generation)
I'm just talkin' 'bout my g-g-generation (talkin' 'bout my generation)
This is my generation
My, my, my generation
People try to put us d-down (talkin' 'bout my generation)
Just because we g-g-get around (talkin' 'bout my generation)
Things they do look awful c-c-cold (talkin' 'bout my generation)
Yeah, I hope I die before I get old (talkin' 'bout my generation)
This is my generation
My, my, my generation
this is my generation
(Talkin' 'bout my generation) this is my generation

Songwriters: Peter Townshend