From Day Dreams of a Spaced Out old Man comes

Deleted54170User

Chapter 32.
I felt as though someone was removing clothes off me. My arms got goose bumps as my arms were exposed. It felt like a layer of soft gel was peeled off my face. Air stimulated my skin there. A moment past as the rest of it was removed.
Keep your eyelids closed!
I did. A warm spray touched me all over. Top to bottom, back to front, side to side spraying something warm all over me.
Hold still!
A warm soft spray tickled. I jiggled a little as a laughed. The warm spray stopped. I heard the sound of it stop hissing when it did.
Hold still! While we dry you off.
A felt some soft material gently patting on me all over my body and under on the soles of my feet. That tickles. I felt my wrists lifted from underneath. Cloth touched my fingers and the hands pulled the cloth up over my hands up to shoulders. I felt more soft material on my feet sliding around them up my legs. I felt comfortable in the light clothing. Can I open my eyes now?
I told you would see what I mean. Some slippers are being added. As soon as you feel the floor I want you to focus on getting adjusted for standing on your own. As soon as you feel in control and the support hands release you'll be in complete control. After that, open your eyelids as soon as you are ready!
I felt the slippers added. I was being held in the air gently in the standing position. The soles of the slippers rose up to touch my heals. I felt the pressure on my feet increase. As the support around my hips released I felt my knees bend under the weight. I felt shocked by the sensation of them bending. I had to pause as my senses took control. The support at my back, another against my chest and under my elbows responded to my shift of weight keeping me balanced.
Your bodily functions are strong enough and able to support you. Go ahead and get adjusted to stand up and lift your arms away from our support.
I took a deep breath. Exhaled. Pressed down until my elbows lifted off the supporting hands. Balanced. I opened my eyelids. Wow! The remaining sections of the material that was covering me was attached to thousands of hair thin links.
The bench you see behind your support armor is where you slept, the shelves, and other objects gave you solid objects to interact with while you were encased in your armored suit. Everything you saw, felt, and tasted, was piped in through the various lines. While standing up; the space around you had a tube rise from the floor filled with fluid. You were able walk, run, jump, climb, para-glide, fly a helicopter, and even swim. Every activity you remembered before you were turned into a Popsicle was made available so you were able to keep doing them. Even the memories of your childhood collecting rocks was enabled.
You were quite a rock hound. Of course, your first memory of why you picked up your first rock was about tasting it for edible content. And...
I remember! I remember!!! Mom made me spit it out.

• Replies 771
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

In his excitement Dave spun around to face the person talking to him. He gazed upon what he saw. The sensation of joy rippling through his nervous system slowly subsided. He stared at and around a machine with several appendages attached to it in front of him. Where are you?

I'm right in front of you. It's me; father! Doctor Dave.

News Break

Birdwatchers may have been a bit alarmed on an outing seeking to fill their birders book when they spotted an unusual nest. In respect to their awe of the sight someone noted aloud, "It must have taken a very large flying creature to lift it there to start their nest." and then suggested they clear out. For their own good.

ON the UPSIDE; A falconer fan noted a similarity too, to the nest.

While sorting out the confusion during the interview the man put his birder talent for birder talk into a more suitable phrase for the interviewer to understand, somewhat, when he said, "Its a Rare Falcon they have spotted in the tree."

• 2 weeks later...

My first day was getting acclimated to be out of the cocoon for the first time. Every pause in the schedule gave me more confidence I wasn't in the dream sleep state anymore. At last, after many hours of instruction preparing me for the real world I got some rest in a real bed.

It felt so good, all my senses were peaked from the different layers touching my body as I rolled into the covers. I lay there for a moment. Just a moment of disbelief arose to my thoughts. I rebelled. I got up and jumped up and down on the bed.

Being as big as I am I broke it. A cleaning bot rang and asked if I needed anything. Laughing all during the time. I answered, "Yeah! I need a new bed." I tried to lay down on it, rolled off the lowered edge. I laughed some more.

Tomorrow I would be given a tour of the outside. Get to see the modern homes that blend in with the mountains and trees so well, from a distance they don't even appear to our sight. House built so they give back to nature.

Dave; may we enter?

Sure!

Two bots entered the room and took out the old bed. Two more arrived and set up the new one.

After they left the room I started over. Experiencing real cloth, fluffy pillows, clean sheets, and a comforter. A comforter like the ones ladies at the Y. W. C. A. made when I was a lad. Puffed up and warm. I wondered if there was such places anymore. I called out to the service link. Remind me to check to find out what organizations exist when I get to explore tomorrow.

Yes; Dave.

Some of the hairs on my body tickled because of the real connections. I enjoyed the tingles and tickles for several minutes and then dozed off.

• 3 weeks later...
Chapter 33.

Good Morning! Dave!

I opened my eye's. The rooms bare white walls with a side table with a glass with water and some ice cubes in it got attention. Who's there?

It's me! Doctor Wolf.

Yeah! It's my day for my first outing, isn't it?

There's a watch on the dresser. I'll show you it's apps when I see you. Get dressed! I will meet you at the diner, we can talk there while we get some breakfast, and then you can go on your tour. My time is your time today. See you soon!

I hopped out of bed and put my feet into the slippers on the ambient heated floor. Sliding up the dresser I saw the rectangular band almost paper thin I suspected was a wrist watch. It didn't have a time face on it. It was blank except for a few different spaces with color. I picked it up and laid it on my left wrist. As soon as it touched the two wrist bands linked together magnetically. I pulled them apart and did it again.

After two more times of marveling at the amazing item I noted three words. Place thumbprint here!

I put my right thumb on it.

Good morning Dave! Doctor Wolf again. Seeing that you got it figured out I'll be in the diner waiting for your questions.

This is great! Is it water proof?

Why?!

I peeled off my pajama top and headed to the shower.

Oh! Yes it is. Just press your thumb on it again and you'll have total privacy until you press it on it again.

I stripped down to my nude self. Showered. Returned to the room and got the clothes out of the drawers. Tossed them on the bed and hurriedly got dressed.

The shoe's buckled them selves like the watch band did. I pressed my thumbprint on the face again.

Would you like me to give you directions to the diner?

Who's there?!

I'm your watch assistant. If you would like you can personalize me. Change my voice, to male or female. Add a name so you can call me by it.

Really?! That's fantastic. I chose female. Amy. No. Elleanna!

Very good. When ever you want wake me for assistance just say, "Hey! Elleanna."

Would you like me to give you directions to the diner?

Yes! Are you a real person?

I am a computer generated assistant.

Wow! Ok! Direct me to the diner please.

Very well Dave. As soon as you step through the door take a left.

Here's a clue! If you're told you're working to hard, you need to rest, you probably do. And it is most likely because, you've forgotten that with rest daydreaming is like going for a swim in a reinvigorating pool. Everyone needs to remind themself that the time for daydreaming is right when we start to feel a need for a moment to remember why we're working so hard. To see what we imagine makes it all worthwhile. Maybe even gives us a boost of energy so we don't find our strength flagging for another half an hour.

We know rest is important, because we will need it for when we step up to receive what we worked so hard for.

Since you've got the drive to make the grade, find out about power naps, which restore you during the day. Dare to daydream a little while taking one and the wondrous effect it has on you will help you focus after a ten minute power nap. You might find it helps when you've become stuck in the muck with a writing problem trying to find the key to your solutions.

Daydreaming adds a little of it's magic when we feel like we want to lay back down on the ashes instead of rest upon our comfortable cloud.

• 2 weeks later...
Chapter 34.

As I entered the diner a man raised a hand and waved. Thick light brown hair, fading tan on his white skin, clean shaven, about thirty years old. I looked about as I walked toward the table. Several people were in conversations as I moved through the aisle. Some stopped and took a look at me, smiled when they saw me, and then went back to their own breakfast. After twenty tables I approached the man.

Doctor Wolf? I remember you. You had less hair on your head, but it's you. I was your assistant for awhile after my physical therapy was completed. So many years! You look, like you haven't age a year, even a bit younger then I remember.

Yes! It's me! I'm still running, hiking, and bicycling. Thank you! Shall we eat?

Sure! Where's the food service.

Think of what you want for breakfast first. When you're ready talk to your wrist phone.

Ready.

Tell your watch what you want.

My watch?

Yes.

Oh! You mean the wrist ban! Hey! Elleanna.

Yes Dave.

I would like two eggs over easy, two strips of crispy fried bacon, a scoop of cottage cheese, two slices of medium toasted bread, a six ounce glass with orange juice, and a cup of coffee.

One moment Dave. It's on the way.

Doctor Wolf where is the kitchen?

Kitchens are an extravagant item found in some craft people's homes. All our food, drinks, and water is created from organic harvested food, or synthesized. Like bacon. We don't keep animals for food. All the food is formulated to our personal nutritional needs.

Say that in English. Would you doc?

The food is made especially for each of us separately to keep us healthy. A different amount of vitamins and minerals adjusted for each person's needs.

I get it. Is it still going to be like what I ordered?

Just then the tabled raised in the middle folding back a quarter of the way. A leaf. Then it adjusted for a tray's arrival. Our forearms had to be removed to allow for the trays. My tray rose up, slid toward me, and then the leaf laid back down returning it to one wide table for two to comfortable sit across from each other.

It's just what I ordered. Wow!

Just a note. Your coffee has a minimal amount of caffeine in it. Now that you're no longer being checked by your stabilizing cocoon. Your wrist device will monitor you for the best balanced meal. If you find you would like it a little bit stronger, in the future, you can request it.

That's fantastic.

The tables are all modular kitchens. Which means there is no time for things to cool off. So do be careful not to burn yourself. The food is just as you would expect it to be, so, the bacon strips and the coffee are hot! It's kind of stormy outside today. So when you're ready give your mobile wrist band what you want to do and if you still desire to go out a proper set of clothes for inclimate weather will be in your dresser.

The weather? I felt my face take on the look of shock. So many years and I barely recalled ever being in a storm. No concerns about the weather and now... A storm?

Yup? All these years and we've not found a way to control the outdoor weather. Whoa! Slow down Dave.

How many years have gone by?

That's the big question. I need you understand you weren't alert while in cryo for the first 100 years. I only was able to start the procedure to bring you out in the last 300.

You're 400 years old?

No! I'm... Dave, I'm not sure how to tell you this, but... well... you were in suspended animation through the worst of it all. I'm 33 years old physically. You're 18. There were some minor changes in our physique. Not when we were frozen solid, but when we created the cocoon we were able to do all the physical activities. And because our cocoon fit like a bodysuit it allowed us free movement. None of us here at the institute are any younger than 2000 years old. You're not the youngest of us.

How strange after all this time the years don't seem to matter. I just had a thought about becoming a father. Marriage. All that sort of stuff. I'm 2000 years old? I wonder why I thought of parenthood just then, when you told me?

You thought of family. That's the most profound... Wonderful... I'm astounded. I thought you'd have had a different reaction. You're not 2000 years old.

• 2 weeks later...

Chapter 35.

The world has changed. You haven't. You are still the same age you were when we packed you up in the tank, switched you to the incubation system, and then to the cocoon skin. You are almost 19 years old. In 3500 years the world has changed. The Memphis Naval Air Station was decommissioned a few years later. The place we housed all the cryonic people was moved to a mountain that was turned into a vault with one thousand people trying to survive the war. They had children here, they spent their whole lives learning how to survive in the vault, and their children moved up and out, and they lived apart and spent their lives fighting to survive the savages conditions that were left over from Atomic war.

The dark ages returned with people living like the ancient American natives. Living in tents, moving when the weather changed, following herds of animals they used for food, and growing enough food where ever they set up camp for a season. The vaults became a memory and story that was told for years to remind their children where we came from. Even outrageous stories were told to the young to scare them to keep them from seeking out the vaults. Nine hundred years passed and no memories of the ancient civilizations of yours and my time was remembered by the outsiders. Another thousand years passed and we knew the way our homes, our lives, and the stuff from those times only because of a machine our history was stored on.

The length of time that passed only made studying our past more difficult because of the enormous amount of knowledge of our history that is stored on the computer's memory today.

Wait?! Wait! WAIT! I thought you said two thousand years passed since? I heard you say thirty five hundred.

I've been trying to ease you into the present day as well as I possibly can. Dave. The past. The length of time of our recorded history was thought to be lost in time over the centuries to decay. The truth was discovered when the computer's; like one called Watson, that were intelligent, found the past records we never knew existed in the nineteenth, twentieth centuries. They restored our knowledge of the first people of Earth.

Wa? Wa? What?! What are you saying?

I am saying they were, still here. Same as you and I. All of them in stasis. Waiting to be awaken when the Earth recovered from a devastating occurrence. The Earth and Mars collided.

The two used to orbit each other with two moons. Time passed and the Moons had moved further from their orbits, until their gravitational pull they had on the Earth and Mars weakened so much an event no one expected occurred. The planets orbits failed and they crashed into each other. All the resources they had in space were sent spiraling off into the Sun. They were blown away by the force of the giants gravity wells sudden exploding.

Like us, they had a plan. The Earth was burning in many places and the gouge in it from Mars ripping across the surface left a deep wound. The inner core of the Earth was loose. The continents drifted on the tectonic plates causing volcanoes, earthquakes, and super storms. Their cloud cities were nearly all destroyed. The ones blown out of orbit around the planets were ships, held together by force shields. But they weren't going to be able to last in the extremes of outer space. They had to get to a another planet or die trying.
The communications between the surviving cities people allowed hope. It took them twenty years of moving the remaining cloud cities back to a safe location above Earth. It was their only hope because Mars became uninhabitable. They spent their time working together, sharing their resources, and scavenging one cloud city to save another. Their wisdom saved them from total annihilation.

Their wisdom saved them from total annihilation. Our robots dug deep into the Earth under one of our own vaults. They found one of their Earth stations. After a hundred or so years our computer deciphered their computers and learned of their stored history.

The planet had settled down, but since the Moons were blown out of orbit they had to find a way to pacify the Earth's gravity before any long term dwelling would be possible. They discovered a way their cloud city resources would better serve if they built a large shelter they could live on. Or in, I should say.

They made several trips to the surface of Earth where the topical lands were stable for a time. Islands with forestation. They gathered resources while they lasted and took them back to the central station. With time the size of the station began to give them more hope that one day they could find a way to return to Earth to live. The people who had trials with Mars weren't having any luck. It cooled but nothing grew back. The people quickly resorted use all their resources to join their cloud cities with the Earth's groups to work on the idea of harmonizing the Earth gravitational fields.

Dave. They built a spaceship. Pardon me, they built a space station. Now that some of them are awake we are working to get it up and operational before it drifts too far from Earth leaving us in the same predicament. When we get it's systems working it's massive enough we can live inside it.

If all goes well we will be able to move it back to a close enough orbit it will save Earth from another upheaval.

Earth's people have been looking at that space station for a long, long time and only a few populated areas, way back a few hundred thousand years ago, knew it is a space station. It was and still could be used to stop meteors, asteroids, and the likes from ever reaching Earth. We're in good hands.

Now relax Dave! Go out and explore the new Earth and meet with it's most oldest most prestigious people. They have some older old adults, some as old as you, and some are younger. And this evening; while you stand out there looking up at the night sky thank the Stars, that's the name of people's race that originally lived on Mars and Earth. That's what their race is called, 'Stars'.

Thank them for that Inter-planetary Space Station above we've all known as, the Moon!

• 3 weeks later...

Wow! I've been reading all the previous posts beginning with post 1 on this thread. Wow! I changed after a few years in ways I couldn't have, I mean I wouldn't have, if I had known what I know now. :geek:

Yeah! If only I could have known what I know now. It seems to be a human trait, not a weakness, a trait. A trait; that I only learn after all I do what I know now. :laugh: