From Day Dreams of a Spaced Out old Man comes

Deleted54170User

Yesterday, along the drive home on Recreation Road I saw and I reported a branch from a tree that had broken and leaned onto some railroad tracks. I couldn't find out which railroad company the tracks belonged to at a small recreation store. The people runnin the place didn't know anything about the train tracks along the creek that ran all the way to where they live and work just a few miles from the river where people were out on their flotation devices in the river.

So I called it in using 911.

They turned my phones location device on and the phones wi-fi on; so they could keep track of me for 2 hours, just in case they needed help locating the place where I saw the tree's rotted broken twenty foot long, two foot in diameter, branch hanging down over and touching the railroad tracks. I couldn't turn my own phones function off for 2 hours.

Privacy?! Put down you spears. Or 911's people will follow you and keep track of you as long as you have the spear and your mobile connection in hand.

• Replies 771
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Yesterday, along the drive home on Recreation Road I saw and I reported a branch from a tree that had broken and leaned onto some railroad tracks. I couldn't find out which railroad company the tracks belonged to at a small recreation store. The people runnin the place didn't know anything about the train tracks along the creek that ran all the way to where they live and work just a few miles from the river where people were out on their flotation devices in the river.

So I called it in using 911.

They turned my phones location device on and the phones wi-fi on; so they could keep track of me for 2 hours, just in case they needed help locating the place where I saw the tree's rotted broken twenty foot long, two foot in diameter, branch hanging down over and touching the railroad tracks. I couldn't turn my own phones function off for 2 hours.

Privacy?! Put down you spears. Or 911's people will follow you and keep track of you as long as you have the spear and your mobile connection in hand.

and now have 2,959 posts and quite a few of them are threads I started.
I'm so busy enjoying the view of young people who are replacing older people in jobs which required people a little better educated to manage. It's like an old man's memories of my young man dreams of seeing 18 year old young girls dancing around in their fluffed out dresses, silk stockings, and high heel shoes. That was before I was 17 of course and learned then that the modern women were wearing the pants in the family and I could either Obey Mother's House Rules at 16 or Hit the Road.
It was just that when us guys turned 16 we were able to quit going to High School without our parent's finding out until the school called and told them. We didn't need the parents consent to quit school or jobs they sent us to do, anymore. So it was either do as Mother tells us because we got eager to find a girl of our own, go on dates until we found the one, that very special one gal for me or Mother House Rule was: "There's the Door!"
I don't know if there was a song sung by any of my color skin types, but I recall our neighborhood had the first black family move in. They had moved in a city block away from where I grew up; just about that time. And this song made it's debut.
It was one of those times to do the selected outdoor chores Mother gave me out in the field that I heard it. She gave me the jobs synchronized with her ladies groups; so I didn't disturb her ladies tupperware parties and toastmistress parties or...
That day, as the new black families radio broadcast trickled out from their run down 100 year old house, blasting into my sensitive ears two blocks away while I mowed the lawn (with a push lawn mower that had me as a motor) I remember the song suggest I may do the other thing that Mother suggested if I didn't do those chores and stay out of the elderly ladies ways.

I never got to know any other children very well, until I left home. Then I had learned a few things the church of goat babies worshippers didn't tell us in our bible class. I got exonerated from that group. Searched and didn't join the next one or the next one or the next one.
I joined the Marine Corps after the Navy passed me by because they had enough men each month to meet their quota. Almost everyone wanted to be a sailor, until they were one for a year; then they wanted to be an Army type.
So now I am a Marine Corps elder FP: trained to be a martial law cop known as a Family Policeman. I am the only educated guy in the area that has learned enough to know the rest of the people are considered part of the herd. Cattle is what the local police call them when those without jobs are wandering around the streets where the buildings with jobs are.
I found nice groups of people professing to be christians who call their children kids, another same cult, calls them lambs, another group same character reference of religion calls them calfs.
Now that I think about it it's funny how a christian who formed the OJT book for young children to learn a trade by reading the examples listed there in, as that one man's skills.
All of those different jobs and even one of my favorite super hero's Batman was the only human that could even contest with such a long list of things that taught us what jobs the city has for sheep, goats, and cattle in them... NONE! Not one!
So people better be better at educating their children at home so the children outgrow the 8 year old mentality of denial and stupidity, or I am going to be laughing all the way to the bank every day.
Because, the young are not well educated enough to use the Internet to get an education that will get them past the call home for money routine training. I know things are bad when the jobless youth on the streets are just as uneducated as the ones who have jobs because their parents got them the job so they didn't end up on the street too.

I know! I will make a movie about the last smart guy on Earth! Look out Forest Gump! David the King of human knowledge is going to make a movie you will only see if you're smart enough to recognize what two leather strings tied to a little square patch can be used for. It can hold a rock about as big as the biggest marble in my marble bag. And I will never run out of the stuff I need for it. All free of charge because I can bend down and pick them up off the ground anywhere I go.
ROFLOL

• 2 weeks later...

I sat on the rock and pondered my fate.

I am still a child. I have realized I still have the desire to explore the mysteries around us, on land. I know that where I go can sometimes lead into dangers my elders warn me about. I got called to, shouted at, often enough when I was too far from the parents for them to come to my aide. They fear for our young lives. They made up rules and told us stories. They wanted us to be safe and not sorry.

I am a child. I am a soul that is here. I am curious being. There are those who are in pain, plainly so, that they see others doing what was the beginning of an adventure and they know the pain that will come from it, and groan when they see a child about because it reminds them of the pain they still suffer. They want to cry, because that pain ruined a part of their life for a time. It kept them from exploring until they healed up.

The sight of someone young who is innocent; about to take that step too far, causes a bunch of nerves in the elders body to send tears up to fill their eyes, and then, if their teeth aren't clenched tight because of their own pain shooting through their body again, then they will hollar for someone to get the child out of dangers way.

I'm sorry I followed the bug. I just wanted to know about it. All I can find out. I wanted to know about a blade of grass, a bit of dirt, a rock, a snake, cat's and dogs. I wanted to know everything I could find out by just watching and following them.

I want to find out about anything I have never seen before, and learn as much as I can, before my energy runs out and leaves me slumped down on my butt, staring down between my legs at what is beneath my feet, and hope I can get up again soon. Since my body is getting old I feel like I have had so many of my adventures cut short because I wasn't able to go on with the people who were watching over me following along as well.

Well; if they had seen what I was watching and their curiosity had been as excited as mine, we could have shared the experience, and I would not have been yelled at so many times.

While the heat of the morning sun still lingered adrift on the breeze it felt cool on the skin. The man didn't note his body was sweating because the warm air and gentle breeze quickly evaporated the droplets of sweat on his skin. He wasn't getting stiff.

The warmth and clouds shade made him feel at ease, his movement was like a teen age man, and his body parts all were functioning like good clockwork. For his age he was fleet of foot at the time. He practically raced from one end of the quarter mile building to the other. Looking for the proper size water container for his campsite was the reason he was there. Terrors scent began to fill the air.

Young people dashed to his aid to get him to his destination so they could get rid of him as fast as possible. None of the elderly that entered as he did got the attention they gave him.

A nice tank was what he was searching for. At the campsite it would hold enough purified water in it to serve his 10 day campout. Another would be nice so he could prepare a shower for a day as the Sun's heat would make the solar shower bag bath water warm enough. Nothing to worry about. He thought.

I'll just make due with the one I have and make a tub out of a tree trunk and coat the inside with black sap to heat the water to bath in. A day is all it will take with his solar powered saw that he would change to an automatic chisel. One day! Then he could sit by the lake and fish. Sip a cold drink from the bottle chilled by the lakes water. And all the animals he was acquainted with would go on about their own business. Some would even keep strangers from entering the camp from around the area. It was his home and the creatures there knew him like he was part of their family.

The sun shifted trying to work a harsh beam through the already thickened clouds. The weather refused the stifling heat for the moment midday, in the middle of the week. All the others who he had been with the day before, when the sky was clear and sunshine filled their adventures, had enjoyed their time and even tried some old tricks on the man. He showed them a thing or two.

He dropped the old suit, tossed the underwear in the wash, passed his hand over the sensor that recognized his fingertips prints and the cleaner began readying his outfit for the next time he would wear it. He set the timer on his body clock and left it on the bed. As soon as the timer started he dove through the looking glass and went to the land from which he lived another life. He picked up the body sitting on the chair. He fit in it just as neat as pin. Dressed and waved a lovely look at the man in the looking glass. Then his new day began.

He heard Larraine practicing her lines, I'll get you my pretty! She didn't really need to practice, but it was a kindred affect done when looking at the reflection in our looking glass while it was a glass and not a passage. He walked passed her door and when she spied him she gave him her most evil of green skinned grins and said, See you in Wonderland Maddy!

He tipped his hat, to her, I won't miss a moment when your show is up.

Her smile softened. I'll be there too when you and Alice are on. Don't forget that pot there!

He turned, looked, and saw a little fellow holding up the teapot. Ah! May I give you a lift Mitch.

The mouse looked up. Eyed him. Aah hi Maddy. You look really good! I would not want you to mess up your suit. I'll manage the teapot, Dapper Dan. I spruced up the lid on your hat a bit with a new flower. You still like to impress Alice, I see.

You're a sharp one for such a small rodent. Good job with the whiskers. I want to watch the other show when you are the Giant in Jack and the Beanstalk.

Like him too, as much as I do. Sure is fun being a giant when I am done with the Alice series.

There's the curtain all, we better haul our characters and get there.

Right O! Maddy! Race ya?

No, I know you look small but you're so fast! It makes Whitey blink when you pass him a cup, filled, get the pot, and speed by to mine and dribble tea all over the saucer and my bread. While aiming for the cup.

I flipped my wrist, tipped my hand up to top of my hat, and in a blink I was at the table where I sat.

He sped in almost on my tails and jumped to the tables top and looked out one eye like a cop.

That was unfair you; using magic. Next time I'll be sure to not wait to ask.

I'm sure we'll have another row at it.

As the curtain rose. Alice skipped on stage. I looked at her, then mouse. Sugar?!

Mouse looked at Alice. One lump or two?

Oh! Tea! For me. May I have two?

The sugar spoon spun after it was used to strike my brow. One more and it'll be done!

Mouse raced like the wind. Filled Alice a cup, without spilling a drop. Not even a drip got on her saucer. She smile and mousey smiled a gentlemen grin, his mousey cheeks glowed like tiny cherries.

Thank you um?

I interrupted. I shouted from my end of the table. Mr. Mouse. Mousey to his friends. I'm the Hatter.

Mousey gave her a side glance. He's mad because he can't make a hat anymore. Mad. Be gentle.

He looked away and back at me. Smiling showed his two front teeth white as sugar.

I stood and bowed, tipped my hat. And who might you be?

Alice. I'm Alice. I drank a potion and saw a white rabbit running around in a vest carrying a pocket watch making such a racket about being late.

I looked to my right, where he sat at the moment.

She opened her eyes widened so pretty. Oh! There you are.

I looked at her. Waiting for her to stop the river of words flowing from her cup into her mouth. Before she spewed them all out.

Why are you in such a hurry? Rabbit.

She spoke like she knew him well, Rabbit being his name. I leaned over the arm son my chair to stare at his side and get a look at the hands on his watch. You're late! They said. Off with his Head!

He stood up like a bolt. Nice to meet you again, Alice. Alice it is. Gotta go, I'm late, I'm late! Bye!

He dashed. Before her he froze! Gave a wrinkle of his nose! Thinking about knots, the knots she had in her bows. Nice enough to tie a head back on if that were the case. Maddy I gotta go, I'm late!

I tipped my beam and he sped off the scene.

Alice it is! Are you lost?

Yes, I think I am. And the rabbit might have known. Maybe he could have given me directions to get back home. Directions to the hole I followed him down.

Ah! Well then you're found! For here you are and all nicely there. Sit!

BE STILL CHAIR! For it began bounding around behind waving its arms like an outfielder watching the ball as it glided in.

Move in a bit. Chair did and Alice fell just a short drop, no harm done, the chair found her dress and let it press on until the buns out of site did alight.

Sorry about my ghost. I am a terrible host. You see...

Alice sipped her tea and then... Yes! I guessed you're not able to make any hats. Why is that?

Then the cat became visible and made a scene. He's made the queens crown a little off and now she wants his head. So he dare not waste anymore time or he will completely lose his mind. Hat and all!

Oh! Dear! She mused.

Then Chessy mewed. Oh yes, in his deep baritone voice. She says Off with his Head. And if we can't find someone to change her mind, he dare not go near his shop, or LOP LOP, and he'll never get the chance to try again.

A cloud dark and dreary floated overhead. The lights went down. We all stood fast. A lightning bolt shot down in the woods. Out popped the weasel with his little assassins hood. You better get moving, find someone that's good. An innocent child who doesn't make people frown will be the only thing to keep you from losing your crown.

A light shown through the cloud. Alice sipped some more of her tea. They all looked at her, than one another, and back at her. They stared. Mouse whispered. She looks so right in the sunlight. Toady croaked, Maybe she's the one?

What shall I do? I put my hands on the table and leaned as far as I was able. The sun shown still making her so bright we could see innocents written on her forehead. I turned to the others staring in our faces.

She could be! We could take take her there and see. No, NOT I THOUGH, maybe I could sneak back to the shop.

Weasel stared out of his hood with one sharp eye. Aye! And I could turn and look the other way as long as she keeps the queen at bay.

Oh! Alice. Would you be so kind as to follow Chessy to the woods. He'll point the way home for you and get you on the path there.

Well, this is where I must leave off. I can't go on any further, because I do not play a part here after. While away with Alice the clouds fade. While she is following the Cheshire Cat. I with my head full of hope stuffed in my hat. I try to dodge the weasel out behind the woods off out of sight. I feel sure that maybe. someone other than I will come by and relate what happens next. Or I may never ever be what a hatter should be again. As Happy as Dapper Dan!