From Day Dreams of a Spaced Out old Man comes

Deleted54170User

If you've never wondered just how much of a difference an indoor toilet bowl's seal makes consider this; your sense of smell becomes accustomed to whatever smelly air flows out through to the sewer. If your toilet's seal between it and the pipe to the sewer isn't keeping the airs out all your neighbors gases are getting into your house from all around you who are connected to the same sewer line.

Yesterday only an hour or two after the final tweaks to level the bowl, I could smell dry rotten wood. Only after I finished making the final adjustment to the bowls balance so the new permanent seal was fit correctly,. I could smell the woods natural smell that old two by fours and slats from the old walls have when a bit of humidity keeps them ever so slightly moist at times. Boards that were exposed from me tearing out the walls to remove Black Mold still had a bit of their natural scent.

It was so surprising to realize I could smell the wood. I realized how much I have made myself ill by ignoring installing when I first realized I was losing my sense of smell. The toilet bowl really needed that new ring. For my own sake. Now, if I ever move away while this building is still standing, no one else will suffer from the reeking stench like I have.

There is one other problem that I must attend to, but at the moment I have a heating system any well educated person adult can manage. I will begin deconstruction in the Spring if I can't make a heating system suitable for the uneducated young and new people who might never learn how to manage a house and all it's fancy contraptions supporting their health and giving them a sense of well being.

I wouldn't leave the heating system I have set up for uneducated people or adult with uneducated children. I have it for the moment. I wouldn't leave it set up because it would be dangerous for uneducated people or uneducated children. Tiny fingers could get too near the screens even though they block the way to touch the coils. A child or an ignorant adult could get burned by the heaters if they weren't smart enough, at first, to not get too close.

I am off to No Man's Sky again. I can play without fear of dying on this planet while I do. No more awful fumes may interfere with my life in the building now. None from the lobby of the old hotels old septic tank. Septic tanks can cause serious problems if not tended to properly. Unlike the gases from many sewer pipes flowing out to the sewer refinery septic tanks can rot and create black mold. Now I will only realize occasional fumes from one toilet while in use.
P U I just let a... I couldn't even smell my own lately... Even while using the toilet.
Until now! Eew! I have to air out the bed covers!

GAME ON!

• Replies 771
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

It has been three full days since I managed to tweak the toilet's thrones setting to keep the septic tank's airs out.

What spirits there in might there be from ancient times when the old hotel had the septic tank put in? They used to have outdoor outhouses, until modern times demanded a change. The old Ice House out back of the place had water pipes when there were people who still were chopping blocks of ice out of the river before the Railroad moved in.

OH!!! If I am wrong and the old Hotel is attached to the new main sewer line? What mysterious bunch of gases my sinuses might have been invaded by? I used to have days when I felt the need to run away from home. Once or twice a day I would feel like there was something dangerous threatening my comfort.

I live where there are wild animals that would be frightening to encounter. My body is tuned to be aware for my safety since I have lived in the Big Sky Country for so long. At least it was until I started playing video games?!

I suspect even the gases coming up from under the toilet's throne pipe must have been causing me a fright on some days? A Dangerous stench that could suffocate a poor old man like me?! I haven't had any desire to run away from home for three full days now.

During my sleep, So far, not one twitch of my nerves for three nights. One time I did wake up though. I thought something was a threat.

I awakened feeling a bit tense. I sensed the air had become a bit chilled. I discovered it was because the electric heating system had turned off. I can't afford that happening as cold as it is outside now! I learned the little room heater does shut Off.

I thought it only shut down when it reached the temperature setting. I reread the manual and these little wall socket mounted heaters turn off after twelve hours, like it or not. It had to be turned on again after twelve hours. I have got to remind myself to read the manual fully. If I get stupid in my old age I wonder how, IF, I am ever going to survive this Winter?

I know I am getting lazy about reading books, even text I need because it is important for my survival.

Computer reader lazy.

I could have had all sorts of horrible imagined ideas. Whoah! I remember how important it is to, "know it all" again. Especially, when learning a new machines functions important to my survival; Now during the Cold months! Or all sorts of horrible manners of thought could occur. :sad: No more dangerous gaseous fumes :sick: for me!!!

For now I am managing the system nicely and living, "Electrically". :happy:

I'm given my new indoor outhouse Throne a couple more days to cure, before I give myself a Pat on the Back.

I can never be too sure and I don't want to be having anymore nights of things creeping around in the halls and walls. Or strange feelings of doom. You know!

Get out! Get OUT! feelings.

I'd rather have those feelings that go with, inviting friends over.

There are no more ways to test to learn if the toilet throne's new permanent seal is working at 100%.

Other than my nervous attention for threats, I feel calm. I even napped without fear of sudden arousals.

I now lack the desire to open windows, and/or run out into the open air night or day. I feel no desire to escape from invisible ghosts.

I've rested more as I become less attentive to unnecessary concerns about gases. I await my senses adjustment to the new status so I am able to determine what other conditions this fine old lobby may have.

Any, i.e., in need of replacement, repair, or cleaning to make it even a better wooden tent for my health and safe keeping.

May your holidays be merry! Peace.

I smelled after shave cologne today. It was strange at first. I thought I was getting a whiff of something seeping into the bathroom from somewhere else. After a moment I recognized the scent.

I stopped shaving several years ago. I didn't miss the use of the stuff. I noticed it when I leaned near the cupboard. I realized I was hunting the scent.

Having a day without fumes for my sinuses to reason with is like being young and curious again. There goes my old age excuses I could blame old on my age. Bummer! I was just getting used to being a spaced out old man.
My nose is discovering familiar scents. Like after shave cologne. I haven't shaved in many years. I started letting my beard grow just to see how long it would get.
I haven't been excited about not being able to smell the coffee in the morning when the brewer started automatically, because I have an Espresso' in the morning now. I couldn't quite figure if I was losing my sense of smell as I noted more of the advertisers asking. Are you losing your sense of smell? It is one common question in posts before the sales pitch for old people to regain their happiness.
Well, if I had known what I know now I wouldn't have bought that Bidet without doing a little more research into plumbers wisdom. I would have found out more about Bidets and required parts for having them installed.
How about a permanent seal for the toilet bowl throne that wouldn't have melted because of warm water flowing by it? Now I want to know how long the rubber type seal set ups life span is?

Knowing how things change in ten years, or so, I bought an extra toilet bowl seal just in case I do need a new one in ten or twenty years.

Ooo! :smile: I just smelled some hot Chocolate Supreme cocoa. GET OUT THE MARSHMALLOWS! :woot: It's Time for dessert!

The last test to confirm the toilet bowl throne seal was indeed not leaking was one I had to hold my nose for. I mean if I breathed the stuff that I poured into the bowl I would not have been able to find out if it was able to find a passage out through the around the seal.

I flushed the water out first so the ounce of the secret ingredient would not maintain it's powerful scent after the bowl refiled with water. It went down with the previous flush. I put the lid seat and the lid down backed up a ways. Waited for a minute or two. Crouched down below the ceramic gods bowl so I did not get any airs from it. Then opened my nostrils.

No scent of the most powerful cleaning fluid was detected. Chlorine symbol Cl and atomic number 17.never fails to find a path. If there is a passage Chlorine will find it.

I am so happy now! I should be...

I am ALIVE!

The basement of the building that used to be a boiler room, and utility room in the 1800's, is constantly 55 degree F. Living in the basement of the grand little lobby, about 170 sq. ft in space will be safe. The place is like I have experienced camping out in the mountains during the Summer months. A warm 50+ degree F. night sleeping in a tent with a sleeping bag is exhilarating when vacationing. I hope I do not become acclimatized to living that way, before I am able to install a new heating system. The 182.5 square foot space which is the basement is able to maintain the constant temperature of 55 degrees F. without any kind of heater.

I will survive!

While I was rummaging through the parts for building various electrical devices; I happened upon a tower heater that appears to have been designed for stone, brick, concrete shallow basements. I kept searching through the electronic parts I have stored in the old Ice House turned into a garage. Yeah! It's got that garage problem too. I need to move some stuff out so I can get the car in there.

Anyway! I set up the Hunter 30 inch tower where I used to have a air cleaner and turned it on. Little hope that it would do much more than just take the edge off of the cold evenings. I went back to searching through my stock piles of filament's, huge radio bulbs for old machines. Triodes and Diodes so big just turning them into a goth end table lamp looks good and they warm the room around them real well.

I went to put together some parts and found out that an Infrared heater might work nicely for the house basement. I checked out the info on the Internet. I got to thinking that I might just convert the natural gas furnace into an electric and use a rod from a heater core. Then thought. No! I pondered the Infrared devices on the market. They heat what ever is near them, not the air though. I wondered about how that might be used in another way. So I got a small overhead one for the garage (ex Ice House). My little propeller on my thinking cap is spinning so fast I might need to add some scale weights in my pockets or strap myself down to the chair. :ohmy:

I am having fun again! :laugh:

I took a bite of some cheese that was being cooled in the refrigerator. Couldn't smell it because it was cooled. As soon as I got a little of it roaming around in my mouth I realized my taste buds were recuperated from all the natural gasses I have been inhaling. My body is doing just what it says in the health journals on the Internet. Airing out the bad air and getting in the good air.

My taste buds are working so well, it's like I have been reborn.

I am sure glad I woke up in time to stop breathing the gas from the leak in the old forced air furnace. I got the people to turn off that natural gas to this old mystery motel/hotel lobbies pipes that were in the hall overhead. The gas line feed pipe is about tucked in the crease by the wall and ceiling and ran from the west end of the hall to the east end just outside the door to the computer room and sleeping area and then took a elbow turn to the north to the broken down old furnace. There isn't a danger of getting gassed anymore.

I am feeling so much better. Now I know I definitely am going to enjoy the flavors of the next pizza I get. Woo Hoo!

Pizza tasted good!

The only reason I have for going out to get some fresh air would be because of the habit from family life of opening a door to let out some of the body heat from a large family crowd.

While everyone is having a GREAT TIME Chatting about each others Family affairs for the last year!

Stepping out on the front porch for a breather is all I'll ever need to do.

May your holidays be Merry!