Origins with Awakenings difficulty

en4cer

Any chance someone could combine or alter Awakenings in OC where the actual enemies can take advantage of things like Rain of Arrows and other talents and abilities from the expansion into Origins not just the player ?

Also it would be great if Enemy levels would be increased as well to say on par with the player (up to level 40 or 50)

That would be fantastic thanks heaps :)

• Replies 102
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

hello again en4cer - you must feel like i'm stalking you, what can i say, im on the prowl for a new victim tonight, jk

i think you should try This mod here

it does so very many things, and amongst them it lowers armor dmg reduction, and makes you take one hell of a beating because of it

also has advanced tactics and auto loot mod integrated, but dont let that put you off "i already have those mods"

trust me, this file is pure 100% win, its ridiculous :D

hope you like, later dude

Haha mate its ok , stalk me anytime ya want as long as its constructive stalking :P Btw i have tons of bloody mods installed as it is including nightmare plus and that other one that increases all creatures resistances and health and makes them all level 20 (highest you can go without major glitches) so im not too sure how this would fit into it .

I might give it a go but im worried about compatibility issues and such since this mod not only seems to increase enemies toughness but also decrease the players which really is a major bummer hehe for a hard working man like me building my characters to almost god like status.

Anyway thanks heaps i'll give it a go coz im damn too tempted now !

tell ya what..

i l used nightmare 2.5 as well, eventually only kept the the (<---i stuttered on the internet!!! -edit- ) injury changes which were the largest appeal to me, however since the installation of this loot revamp/difficulty/autoloot etc merge i have simply recreated the injury gda config from nightmare plus into the default one, simple as copy+paste and (respectfully, since i do consider it a great mod) uninstalled NM+ all together

worst comes to worst you can always uninstall loot revamp - dont think you will want to though

there are a lot of subtle edits the author included as well that i've noticing poking around its resources, for the better of course

he was very clever to reduce armor resistance rather than bumping up stats and whatnot, even items with "massive buffs" never really ensure your safety - or so it seems

if you do end up running it let us know whatcha think, yea?

enjoy regardless :]

Hmm and here is my problem , GDA's seem to overlap each other and cancel each other in that way

For example: i use the blood magic and berserk activation mod (so it stays on constantly without deactivating after the battle) and that deactivates other mods that use GDA files ect ect .(such as the one you recommended )

How the hell do i know what is compatible with what ? I know im going off the subject a tad but still if you know id very much appreciate your help , thanks :)

on the contrary friend, this is exactly the place for you to bring up such questions :D

so it looks like one of the mods you use makes it so "sustainables" are...sustainable and dont deactivate until the player chooses, i have such a configuration as well

chances are you do have a few ability base altering gdas that are piled on top of each other, theres always a solution

if you like, i can help you solve this to the best of my ability (im about a little under a week of editing these, but i think ive gone it down fairly well enough), and can provide an explanation with the fix so perhaps you can customize stuff with less mystery to it in the future

think you could provide the links to the mods you have installed that make the -desired- changes you want, ill crack em open and take a look

merging or configuring the gda file format is fairly simple you just gotta be a bit careful and never rush, its as easy to mess it up as it is to fix heh

ill keep an eye out for a reply, it'll be fine dude don't worry

Now this L&G thing you recommended, can it be removed without loosing any of my Party's items as well as stats ? (in case i'm not too fond of it ) and if so how is that done ? or does it permanently alter the override ........... thanks for your help in advance :)

it does remove dlc items and perhaps other "overpowered" items, i was reading up on it today and quite a few people were complaining about that particular fact

i never mentioned this because i wasnt affected by it having custom loadouts for myself and party

author mentioned he was going to change that and make it more "modular" so that people can decide if they want his weapon/armor loadouts or not

sorry bout that, if you ended up loading it and lost items, hopefully you have a save not too far back to fall back on, dont think he removed any of the stock items though, sorry cant confirm

perhaps waiting for the next release would be better as long as he includes weapon/armor config options

the difficulty you can change though, a handful of gdas do that but the most commonly used are autoscale/idfficulty.gda

autoscale controlling how many levels beneath/above you enemy rank encounters will result in, total damage/health/resistance multipliers mainly, or so it would seem they are multipliers.. and difficulty controlling additional damage/resistance settings, never really messed with difficulty gda but tons of mods do so it must have a considerable impact

i dont see why you couldnt match the stats from the awakening archive (gxa_diff/autoscale.gda) for the regular campaign, should be straight forward, though starting a new campaign might result in the player being turned into bacon bits if they are too strong

in my case i gotta level up to 10 or so in human noble origin just to barely make it out alive, not sure if thats a good thing for regular players who arent butchering their game heh

Wow if you could alter the gda in Origins to make the enemies level up with the character past level 20 that would be just awesome ! let us know how you went and if you succeed ill grab it of ya (of course providing you'd want to do it ) thanks a lot

"i dont see why you couldnt match the stats from the awakening archive (gxa_diff/autoscale.gda) for the regular campaign" = any idea where those files could be found and where they can be pasted/ replaced ? Step by step if you be so kind please :)