Origins with Awakenings difficulty

en4cer

awesome, wanted to make sure its not one of those things that are like "You have to believe me, it -was- working!"

i am pleased with how the engine 'takes care of itself', at level 25/30 the money drops etc are substantially higher than the normal lvl 20 cap, so all in all its looking good!

as for the awakening talents, that may be way over my head at the moment, or even when i reach my "peak" as well

i know this much - each ai fighting style comes with a package..so lets say you're a dual handed human, you select human_dual wield

human_blabla_package, they have them for party members, OHH ok pretend you are using the Tactics GUI, but imagine it for the enemy npcs, sorta like that

i recall i had some kind of combo before that actually detected the "awakening" tactic presets in DAO, Without the "mount" mods, as well as stamina potions etc

hey i just got an idea bbl

• Replies 102
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

LMAO take your time bud and most importantly don't forget your family and your priorities in life if you know what i mean coz im starting to feel a tad guilty about your involvement :P

let me explain somethin to ya friend

everything im experimenting with now is for my own "growth", to get more comfortable with engine itself as a whole

if i wasnt here taking a few minutes to type away, id be doing what i'll continue to do after i post now - except alone :p

way i see it, if while building my own base i can hook others up with anything then thats a plus especially for me, i even get to "discuss" and sort of brain storm with minds other than my own during the entire process, sometimes the very knowledge that you "can be heard" is the main motivator itself with no feedback required, u tend to see things differently when you "say them outloud", i believe thats why people have "shrinks" :]

in fact, this very thread is more of a service to me than it is to you - the creator of it, lol. how? ..where else would i be able to puke out random ideas while being 100% "justified" especially with a possible outcome being someone experienced possibly helping/clearing stuff up

im gettin a bit ethereal here but its because im Fiiinally in Complete Silence, its 3am, focused on what im doing

in other words, there is no sacrifices being made on my end and although im sure you're a nice person i'm mainly doing this for myself (heh u get what i mean) and simply bringing whoever wants to come along for the ride, gladly. i may never use the toolset again after tonight (yeah rite), but even if such a thing happened i know a handful of people benefited from my presence and im all for being productive

capiche? now heres what im doing friend :]

ive extracted everything and have been sorting through main lists, started merging classes/packages/talents as a start then moving on to anything i can tell is related to AI, hundreds of these things

ALPlayerGXA_WarriorTank

ALPlayerGXA_RogueScrapper

etc

there is a handful for the darkspawn there labeled AIP_Disciples_Normal, AIP_Disciples_alpha etc

my uneducated guess would be these are the packagest contain the "epic feats", like epic_battlemage, warrior or darkspawn disciples which is what we want them to use in regular dragon age (imagine a 2handed sweep swooping your party haha)

im also merging gxa(awakening) talents into a single abi_base.gda, so far i've got about 15 of the talents in and working with no apparent problems, its so very time consuming haha. flemmeths hut, test, exit. flemmeths hut, test, exit, times 50000

anyway not sure if advanced tactics will work with this right off the bat, thankfully author included raw compiles/source code so thats probably something for the end, who knows, gotta get the bare bones working first

thankfully toolset comes with the m2da and abi_xls raw files, so i can recreate these by hand to ensure it is compiled proper and avoid any kind of ..."checksum" issue (or watever can bork the "header:

i honestly think the entire thing can be merged without a mod, as an single override

worst comes to worst i'd open up packages xls or one of the lists i foudn in there and place the awakening talents added on top of originals by hand using toolset source as base, that shoudl technically work its essentially "less" complicated or "connected" to other areas of engine compared to the level lists, its just gonna take a bit of time

another thing i want to knock out is the "missing sounds" like when using certain gxa_talents, probably can do this by making the abi_ info "downgrade" to original sounds (doubt anyone will notice or care even if they do)

etc, etc, etcccccccc (STFU!!)

enough for now haha lots of stuff to do, will require rest of weekend+ more depending on personal time

gonna nuke some pizza and get to it, let ya know if anything happens

if you dont hear from me, its means im doin somethin related, i always make sure and let people know "im done" with something just FYI hate "loose ends"

to be honest, im sleepy haha, talked meself to bed i did

start fresh in the mornin

later

Hehe fantastic you progress is astounding and you don't give yourself enough credit i think, i mean that really, just imagine if you pull this through hmm ? it will be a mod of all mods .....origins Revamped ,recreated ,reborn ,refined, re-established and finally RESURRECTED !!!

As you said just imagine fighting those things if they had all the high level abilities and AI huh ? ,......imagine that it would be like a new game (well almost)

Somehow a small party of 4 guys swinging swords might not be enough i say lol.

Anyway look don't feel bad about what i said earlier for i only said that in case you thought i'm using you for my own benefits and taking you away from some other chores ,know what i mean ? .hmm

Take care and let us know how you going , God damn i can't wait for the final product ! It would be like playing a new game again ! ( err i think i said that before )

i appreciate the consideration believe me, it shows decency, was just trying to assure you i'm getting as much out of it as the next guy ;] thanks though

so ive been up for an hour, and have some news which i think is great, willconfirm after some more testing

yesterday i spent at least 3 or 4 hours merging/creating fresh abi, package and other pertinent lists, right? and im like damn, whyhasnt ANYONE done this before

turns out, someone DID!! they did the EXACT same thing ive been "working" on, and for all we know even better than i could of

its the "allspellcanlearn" mod, god bless his soul for essentially saving me/anyone days or weeks of work/testing for this specific purpose

he included all of the original/new ai packages, talents, everything, its simply beautiful

for the first 2 second i said "wtf i wasted my time", and by the 3rd second i was celebrating, i just had a feeling to poke around in there when browsing this morning

anyway, upon confirmation of enemies using new package (really hope this works in a bit) the main downfall is the "advanced tactics" mod overrides changes as its based on original campaign :/

when AT is uninstalled, the "tactics" window detects all new abilities for player/party, am SO hoping it does the same for NPCs, thats 75% of the battle heh

taking away advanced tactics is like neutering a dog, ive grown used to it, however, good news is that i downloaded AT "source" and if enemies are in fact gonna use new packages then i will simply have to add them in by hand, which compared to yesterdays to do list is not bad at all

this means we wont need anything but a few "resource" files (animation and scripts .erfs ill tellexactly how when its time, very simple and even in the instructions to allcanlearn mod), and some overrides, and it should all work just fine, i prefer this method to "using DAA as base"

besides ive already compiled lists for all the new+DLC materials (gold, volcanic, starmetal, white steel etc) into a single chart so it'll be Just like the mount mods, except it wont mess with loots etc (will have to live without stamina potions :p )

shoot, hopefully by tonight or tomorrow we can put this behind us (never works that way heh) im really anxious to get started on mesh editing and other editor functions, blaah blaaaaaaaah blah

ill let ya know when its time to boogy gonna start testing so we can knock this out

edited 6.29.10 - just rambling on and on, baseless theories etc, all makes sense now :]

Edited by veteran_gamer

Lmao im glad you used the word "We" since you done 99.999999999999999 % of all work involved but hey you are deffo getting mine and im sure other people's gratitude :)

Well done mate well done,most importantly is that you have passion for it and your enjoying yourself :)

Can't wait to hear from you again !

check it out, i ran into a major roadblock, mainly because the "allcanlearn" mod redefines many/most of the talentIDs to its -own- base, he did this so that stamina/mana is considered one and the same, so while that kind of ruined the linking-structure i had in mind, there is no worry i simply started over with my original "merge" deal, that mod is still a blessing as it gave me an idea on how to approach this properly

so ive just gotten done with the user tactics/prefabs for party to use DAA's settings (has updated talents is all)

here's a few screenshots, its probably better i post screens now and then rather than blubber (davith - are you blubbering again?)

this is pretty much the beginning of the entire process, consider the "fetus" (lol?) that be built upon from here up

am going to simply edit the human_wield, dual_wield etc ORIGINAL packages by hand to match the DAA ones, ill put 1-2 "epic" special moves for each for balancing purposes

anyway here is our child heh, warrior and mage presets good to go

for warrior (dao)

for mage (dao)

so yeah, ninja vanish ill post any worthy "updates" from here on

Brilliant mate ! one thing tho .

Concentrate on making the mod itself without too much emphasis on its compatibility with other mods that can come later on, doing it will please a lot more people but it also slows you down id say and kinda takes your brain power from the actual priority.

Then again i dont know you well enough to assume that, maybe its actually helping you, dont know :)

Take care and hope to hear from you soonish .

no, that's absolutely correct and can be applied universally, as i read that i agreed and decided upon exactly what you said

have a bad habbit thinking this is some "known w.i.p." with a half assed release date, heheh, feels good to mess around for my own entertainment for a change :D

get it to serve our personal needs and everything can be jerry rigged later, besides im not gonna release this thing ahah, you can though, as long as you deal with Every support issue, love/hate mail/death threats & never mentioned me :p

i am almost done with the human_two_handed/human_2h_generic

changes

-10% chance increase for critical strike

-15% chance increase for pommel strike

-10% chance increase for mighty blow

-removed "powerful swings" to slightly boost AB for npc

-added "two handed sweep" if surrounded by 2+ enemies (player/party, should be fun to gang up on last "emissary alpha" types in enemy mobs)

-added "sweeping strike" against any enemy (player/party) with anything in medium+ armor rating

double checkin and will post a screenshot if victorious gotta go to 711 and grab a pack of reds first, will post within an hour or two hopefully with good news

He he he its a pleasure watching you work errr metaphorically speaking of course :)

I refuse to take credit for your work tho and if this thing ever does see the light of the day it has to be you that made it man, seriously or its just you and me that will use it and anyone that wants it as long as there is no whining about problems and issues .

Agreed ?