Why does everyone here seem and/or say they kill Loghain every time?

SpellAndShield

You mean aside from the fact that he besmirched my name and that of my order and made me an outlaw accused of the crime he himself committed?

Well, when I play a Cousland, I kill him because he was in league with Howe, who slaughtered my family and slandered them as traitors.

When I play an elf, I kill him because he was permitting the Tevinters to round up elves and ship them off as slaves.

When I play a mage, I kill him because he was in league with Uldrick who was responsible for the disaster in the Tower.

I haven't gotten around to playing a dwarf yet. Maybe if he doesn't do anything to exceed the egregious first point I made about him besmirching my name and making me an outlaw, I might see my way clear to sparing him. Given what I understand of what the dwarf noble goes through in their origin, however, that first point alone may be one too many.

• Replies 139
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

This pretty much sums it up for me. http://www.dragonagenexus.com/imageshare/images/1670837-1267768127.jpg

After everything that he has done to my country, to it's people, and made such a complete mess of the war against the DS... he dies. And honestly, from the sounds of it right before I lop off his head... it sounds like he's tired, and ready for it.

Ambrya,

From the dwarven standpoint, he has nothing involved with their problems, that all lies on Bhelen's shoulders. Loghain's diplomat, Imrek, can't even enter Orzammar. But you can at least take vengeance on Imrek right outside the Orzammar gates. ;P

Ambrya,

From the dwarven standpoint, he has nothing involved with their problems, that all lies on Bhelen's shoulders. Loghain's diplomat, Imrek, can't even enter Orzammar. But you can at least take vengeance on Imrek right outside the Orzammar gates. ;P

Yes, but as I understand it, the Dwarf noble has already been falsely accused of someone else's crime by the actual criminal himself once. Loghain doing it a second time just might be enough to make my future Dwarf completely disinclined to spare him. She might even take vicarious revenge on Bhelen using him.

I've only just finished the game just yesterday, with my Dalish Elf.

That business with the fellow Elf slaves was just the last straw, the cherry on the great cake of justice. He was a criminal, just as much as the criminals you encounter and kill throughout the game - very much like the Tevinter slavers.

I had Alistair kill that scumbag. I sure as hell ain't having him join the Grey Wardens, if we really need more, then we'll find more, but not someone responsible for so much crap such as Loghain.

There's no way I would replace Alistair - the guy I have been fighting alongside through everything and a good friend, with practically the arch-enemy of me and the name of the Grey Wardens after everything he has done.

He dies.....

*holds my sword above my head* THERE CAN BE ONLY ONEEEEEE!!!!!!!!!!

*goes all :geek: on you*

Totally agree with what everyone has said!! And about the dwarfs, god yes it's like same thing happening over again with Loghain so your dwarf is like RAWR and all sensitive about it. *nods*

*holds my sword above my head* THERE CAN BE ONLY ONEEEEEE!!!!!!!!!!

*goes all :geek: on you*

Totally agree with what everyone has said!! And about the dwarfs, god yes it's like same thing happening over again with Loghain so your dwarf is like RAWR and all sensitive about it. *nods*

:biggrin:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7lc403WjGQ4

YAY! So glad you got to see him, whee! I was totally excited when I saw him standing there in my game lolol, I was talking to my bff at the time and I all sqeeled in her ear, "LOGHAIN IS HERE, YAY!" lmaooo!!! And gosh, so cool you are married to Anora and he is your father-in-law! Man ... now I want to do that too so I have a whole little Loghain family unit ... gosh why can't we have some Loghain grandbabies now? He needs to be a granddaddy!!!!!! *bops around with my coffee*

Oh .. and yeah, I may think he is a male without a father (-edit, w t h b*stard gets replaced with that? Lordy nexus wh*re & b*stard are not curse words!!- /edit) who deserves to die in my games most the time ... but I still like him :X shhh!!!

EDIT by LHammonds: It is not wise to try and get around the bad word filter. I expect I will not be seeing it again from you.

YAY! So glad you got to see him, whee! I was totally excited when I saw him standing there in my game lolol, I was talking to my bff at the time and I all sqeeled in her ear, "LOGHAIN IS HERE, YAY!" lmaooo!!! And gosh, so cool you are married to Anora and he is your father-in-law! Man ... now I want to do that too so I have a whole little Loghain family unit ... gosh why can't we have some Loghain grandbabies now? He needs to be a granddaddy!!!!!! *bops around with my coffee*

Sadly, that is not my game but someone else's on youtube. I will get there eventually...and show pics/video footage...

Actually just changed my 2H warrior to a shield warrior...never played one before and I have to admit it is fun bashing people's skulls with my shield...improved pics soon...