Why does everyone here seem and/or say they kill Loghain every time?

SpellAndShield

• Replies 139
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Oh, gosh Ambrya, how dare we who have not had a chance to discuss this with anyone, sit at our computers and chat about a game! FOR SHAME STARDUSK! We should all cower in our idiocy and run away never to return again with our horrible trolling and opinions!

How dare we have thoughts! :ohmy:

I'm all ashamed of myself now!

:rolleyes:

elooocin, have you seen how many threads Stardusk has started his/herself on this first page of the spoiler section alone, and how many of them discuss Alistair and/or Loghain and how many of them devolve into the "Alistair sucks/Loghain rocks"? The very least she/he could do would be to confine it to one thread.

Furthermore, I am certain that if she/he had looked through the threads either here or at the Bioware Social site, she/he would have found plenty of threads with the same exact theme. There would have been no need to create more.

Finally, it's been done to death. It's tired. Even those of us who haven't been playing the game very long are over. it.

I have noticed how many threads he has created but I do not see how that concerns you or why you should care. Honestly people on forums who chastise enthusiastic people make me tired. If you are bothered by it then simply ignore it and go on your merry way without belittling someone who wants to escape the everyday and have a little fun. I own two forums myself with hundreds of members from all over the world, literally, and deal with older members all the time who jump on n00b's or overly hyper members and frankly that is the only thing that is old here, not this topic.

Sure the Loghain/Alistair thing it has been over talked, I have seen it debated since the moment the game came out all over the internet yet that does not mean someone who is just discovering the game should be criticized for wanting to talk about it more. And really, if you think about it, no one had an issue with this (or if they do then they stayed out of this thread like the courteous individuals they are), until you had to pop in and be rude.

Rudeness is an epidemic on forums and everyone should truly learn how to be considerate human beings even when not standing face to face with someone. If you do not wish to be included in a discussion then please stay out of it. If a mod or administrator has an issue with this thread then I'm sure he/she could combine the thread with an older one or ask Stardusk to tone it down. But this is none of your concern and would greatly appreciate it if you would not behave so rudely in the future.

Thank you.

If you do not wish to be included in a discussion then please stay out of it.

If you bothered to read back, instead of immediately going on the defensive, you would notice I HAD been participating in the discussion, happily so, answering the question that was originally posed up UNTIL the point at which Stardusk decided to turn this thread into yet another platform from which to regurgitate the same tired rants.

If there's any rudeness here, it's in the fact that Stardusk asked for opinions, and then rather than discussing those opinions, used the discussion as a soapbox from which to pontificate wiith his utterly unoriginal diatribes.

I apologize for not realizing you had been a part of the discussion, it just always bothers me when I see someone jump on another person for a reason I do not believe holds merit. But I do not apologize for saying you have been rude about it, even now with your 'unoriginal diatribes' comment. It's just a game that we all have fun with, there is no reason at all to become annoyed or tired of someone who wants to hope on a soapbox and try to change your opinions to their way of thinking. He clearly is not truly serious about things and only commenting in good fun. He is sitting back enjoying himself so you should do the same, just relax and don't take everything so seriously - it causes less grey hairs and wrinkles! :biggrin:

The more discussion here at this forum the better, whether it be repeating topics/themes/about Loghain or not.

This is the only forum I come to talk/read about Dragon Age, after only finally getting the game a little while ago, I don't know what other good DA forums are out there. Since getting it, I love this game, and I want to talk about it, but here there are really only a few posts every now and then.

So Stardusk likes Loghain, and likes discussing the character, good on him! I personally can't stand Loghain, instead I have what would be an obsession with Zevran :biggrin: If I had my way, every thread would be about him :teehee:

This forum is slow as it is, - without Stardusk here starting these topics, this place would be even slower, in terms of activity.

The more discussion here at this forum the better, whether it be repeating topics/themes/about Loghain or not.

This is the only forum I come to talk/read about Dragon Age, after only finally getting the game a little while ago, I don't know what other good DA forums are out there. Since getting it, I love this game, and I want to talk about it, but here there are really only a few posts every now and then.

So Stardusk likes Loghain, and likes discussing the character, good on him! I personally can't stand Loghain, instead I have what would be an obsession with Zevran :biggrin: If I had my way, every thread would be about him :teehee:

This forum is slow as it is, - without Stardusk here starting these topics, this place would be even slower, in terms of activity.

"good on you". I know that this is completely off topic, but I had never heard that phrase, until I was in Orzammar. So here I was thinking that it was a phrase that the dev's used, or maybe it was something that they had come up with for the dwarves.

Then I go and watch Gangs of New York (again) and I catch DeCaprio using that phrase. And since they were supposed to be playing Irish, perhaps thats where the saying originated from?

Indeed, the forums HAVE slowed down quite a bit over the last couple of months. And I enjoy having conversations with you fine folks. So while I may not reply to everything, I still enjoy reading the comments. (Most of the time, lol).

"good on you". I know that this is completely off topic, but I had never heard that phrase, until I was in Orzammar. So here I was thinking that it was a phrase that the dev's used, or maybe it was something that they had come up with for the dwarves.

Then I go and watch Gangs of New York (again) and I catch DeCaprio using that phrase. And since they were supposed to be playing Irish, perhaps thats where the saying originated from?

Indeed, the forums HAVE slowed down quite a bit over the last couple of months. And I enjoy having conversations with you fine folks. So while I may not reply to everything, I still enjoy reading the comments. (Most of the time, lol).

'Good on you' is confined to the British Isles and Ireland, which is likely why you have not heard it. One of the many expressions not used in the states...and now I need to address this stuff directed at me... :whistling: