Final Fantasy

Ice_Dragon

Just out of sheer curiosity, precisely what makes you guys like the film so much? ^^; Personally, I thought it was an absolute load of tripe, and an insult to the series. The storyline made no sense, it was a disjointed hash of dialogue, dialogue that was mainly used to stick the overly long fight scenes together. I just sat there humouring it for the whole hour and a half, concentrating on it, and at the end was just left thinking... "what the hell?". And yes I have played FF7. It still made no sense to me whatsoever...

Well as I said I havent played any of the FF games before, so I have no clue whatsoever about the storyline. Must be why I didnt detect anything on that point, im ussually VERY picky on storyline. But since I was ignorant I enjoyed the fights and the good animation.

First time I watched it I had trouble figuring out who was the good guy and who was the bad guy. Reminds me of the first time I watched Yu-gi-oh years ago. Blewhg.

After a brief research though, I found out. Oh, I should also add I only seen the last 45 minutes of the movie (was at friends house).

I like Sephiroth :P . Nice bad guy after Darth Vader, Revan (from KOTOR) and semi-bad guy Sesshomaru (from Inuyasha).

• Replies 70
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hold up. You've never played any Final Fantasy games, and Sephiroth is your avatar?

Get Final Fantasy 7, 8, 9 and 10, and play them. You'll like them. They're turnbased RPG's Like KOTOR, only with older graphics. 7 is especially ugly at first, but I recently went back to it, and you stop noticing rhe graphics after the first hour or so, and just enjoy the game.

Anyway. Advent Children was a pretty but completely irrelevant film.It bore no relation to the story at all, and every character except cloud seemed to be there, just for the sake of being there. They had no involvement in the story, which itself was disjointed and confusing.

That cool sword, and the return of Sephiroth, were the only reasons to see it.

WarKirby

Hold up. You've never played any Final Fantasy games, and Sephiroth is your avatar?

Ummm... Yes?

They're turnbased RPG's Like KOTOR

I know. And I dislike turnbased RPG's, but when the storyline is good, everything is forgiven. (I hate Oblivions plot -.-)

That cool sword, and the return of Sephiroth, were the only reasons to see it.

By sword you mean Cloud's sword? Well silly me what other sword could you be talking about...

Get Final Fantasy 7, 8, 9 and 10, and play them.

I do have a question about that. Are those games availlable on pc? Or are they Play Station only titles? Im asking this because I've only seen those on Play Station 1&2 boxes, and I dont own a PS2. However I do count on getting one just for the RPG's.

Final Fantasy 7 is available on PC, the rest are Playstation only. A PS2 will also play therm though.

If the storyline is what you really care about, then I assure you, you will enjoy Final Fantasy. Personally,I like FF9 the best, although most people prefer 7. 8 as well is staggeringly good.

I could rant about final fantasy all day, but I'd probably bore you...

WarKirby

Ahh, so you've never played FF. That explains it. ^^

If the storyline is what you really care about, then I assure you, you will enjoy Final Fantasy. Personally,I like FF9 the best, although most people prefer 7. 8 as well is staggeringly good.

Indeed. If you liked Advent Children, then you'll love FF7. It's based around those characters, only there's actually a decent story involved. :P The others are definitely worth getting too (mainly FF9). FF10 is the only one you really need a PS2 for. And of course the upcoming FF12.

• 1 month later...
FF8 i guess. Almost finished FF1, played about halfway through FF3..they were alright. The intro movie for FF3 was cool imo. I've played FF10 and 10/2 both were crap. I loathe Tidus. The only good characters in 10 were Auron and Rikku. In 10/2 it Rikku and Payne (sp?). Haven't played any of the other but the friend that introduced to the FF series said that FF7 was crap.

I FF8 is the worse game in general I have ever played in my entire life. The game has good graphic and that was it. The character development, interaction, and story in it is hideous. I actaully like Cloud for all his moody problems, but this Squall guy is obnoxious. His dialog is nausiating, to read it is as painful as me stabbing myself. Every characters waas dumb and one dimensional.The happy chick got ADD, and that jumpy guy got ADD too. That chick was a spoiled, whinny brat. The only decent character is Quitis and she almost never talked. Back to squall, he's all moody emo and deny everything. Having to read his thought was horrible, I just wish he shut up. This game is about love, but the interaction was so unrealistic and bad. I know its just a game, but its really bad. I dont even know how two of them fall in love, it doesnt make sense they don't even get along and then all the sudden jump on each other. Horrifying dialogs.

Now the story is stupid, there is a world with nothing, but 3 'gardens' of kids that are supposed to be mercenary and they go on to save the world.

Also I find the battle long as hell. The monster were boring and unoriginal. Having to draw magic, that was stupid.

Also Nobuo Uematsu is someone I really look up to, but this music score on this one was really bad. There was probably 8 good songs in all. The one with the drums they play before a mission was so annoying I have to turn off the sound everytime it plays.

Worse game ever.

---

FF9 redeems itself a bit, that wasn't too bad. I think that Square don't make any good games anymore once it merge with Enix, which doesnt make sense, because they are two good company. I am really glad that Sakaguchi left the company and made Mistwalker.

Well, I'll give you that Quistis was one of the better characters (everybody loves a hot teacher), and that the two of them falling in love didn't make sense.

The story certainly didn't pull together, but i have endured worse..like FF10. I can't what forum it was on but some sorry SOB said that he actually cried at the ending, can you believe that?!

Drawing magic was a bit stupid, but the junction system itself wasn't bad. A lot better than FF10s damnable sphere grid.

I didn't pay much attention to the music, maybe that's why.

As i said i haven't really played many FF games, but greed probably got the better of Square and now they're just pumping out lame, mindless sequels with pretty graphics. And until the lemmings of the world finally realize the series has turned to crap they'll keep doing it.

Though i have seen a few commercials for the new FF game and it was a little interesting. No intention of buying it though considering the bad jokes that 10 and 10/2 were.

That's all i have to say atm. Just remember, opinions are like assholes and so am i.