Role-playing ideas for Thalmor

theconquistidor

Ok so I decided to let go of my dark side and join the Dominion. I already downloaded several mods that add Thalmor companions and one that actually allows you to join them. The character is an Imperial who works for the Thalmor like Gissur who was also a human who worked for them. I have a mod that adds little shrines of Talos and I routinely search through people houses to see if I can find a Talos shrine and if I do I execute them all. I want more ideas to role-play as Thalmor douche in Skyrim, like what could I do help the experience, what side in the civil war should I join, etc.

You don't join any Civil War side. The Thalmor want the Civil War to continue, as it distracts and weakens the Empire.

Apart from that, I'd say you can do Septimus Signus' quest. Finding the Heart of Lorkhan is exactly what a Thalmor would want to do.

You can do the Cinah mine on Madanach's side. It weakens the Sliver-Blood family (who are Stormcloak Supporters) and adds another faction to the mix -> more chaos.

Doing Dagon's quest is also feasible. He's the Prince of revolution and civil unrest, strengthening his position in Skyrim is definitely on the Thalmor's agenda.

Apart from that, everything Dwemer related sounds like a good idea. I don't know when the Thalmor started looking for Numidum, but there's nothing that says they didn't start in the 4th era already.

Apart from that, it's more or less dependant on your character. Why does he help the Thalmor? For money and power? Or does he believe in Elven Supremacy?

in the 4th era already.

Apart from that, it's more or less dependant on your character. Why does he help the Thalmor? For money and power? Or does he believe in Elven Supremacy?

He joins because he fell in love with an Altmer girl who supported the Thalmor and later joined them herself and he joined along with her soon after. He truly believes that he's doing the right thing and that elves deserve some their arrogance given the numerous genocides committed against them, so its out of a skewered sense of justice he believes in Elven supremacy. He also believes that Talos is a false-gods and that Talos worshiping Nords are just evil barbarian savages. Also Admiring power he was a proud patriotic supporter of the Empire until the Dominion showed it up and his loyalties gradually changed seeing Titus Mede as to weak of a leader and the Dominion as a way to bring the Empire back to the greatness of the Septim Dynasty. He thinks the Aldmeri Dominion is the best thing for Tamriel since they told him that he and everyone else will achieve immortality when they unmake the world and doesn't seem to mind their more extreme methods thinking the end justifies the means .

Edited by theconquistidor

Ideally, the Thalmor would want the war to continue indefinitely. But, as evidenced at Helgen, the Empire would normally win the war, except in the event of a Stormcloak-aligned dragon-slaying demigod. So if you have to choose a side, you go Stormcloak, without a doubt. They'll have a harder time winning, for one, so more people die in the war. And also there's of course the fact that Skyrim splitting off weakens both the Empire and the province, so the Thalmor can take them one by one. Not quite as good as the war continuing, but close.

Do the college quest line up till the point where Ancano locks himself in with the orb, then just leave :smile:

Heh, I can see that.

Tolfdir: By the eight he's gone mad with power. Luckily the Dragonborn can sto- huh, dragonborn? Where are you.

*picks up postcard* Greeting from Sunny beaches Alinor. On vacation leave for the Thalmor. Glad you're not here."

Tolfdir: FUUUUUUUUUUUUU

Edited by theconquistidor

Ideally, the Thalmor would want the war to continue indefinitely. But, as evidenced at Helgen, the Empire would normally win the war, except in the event of a Stormcloak-aligned dragon-slaying demigod. So if you have to choose a side, you go Stormcloak, without a doubt. They'll have a harder time winning, for one, so more people die in the war. And also there's of course the fact that Skyrim splitting off weakens both the Empire and the province, so the Thalmor can take them one by one. Not quite as good as the war continuing, but close.

Actually, if the Stormcloaks take Markarth, a certain Thalmor agent: http://uesp.net/wiki/Skyrim:Ondolemar will be executed. Also, at the end of the College of Winterhold quest line, I really don't think that Ancano was following Thalmor orders to the letter, and most likely, he was supposed to collect magical artifacts for the Thalmor rather than use it for himself. As notmyhome said, he became mad with power.

Actually, if the Stormcloaks take Markarth, a certain Thalmor agent: http://uesp.net/wiki/Skyrim:Ondolemar will be executed. Also, at the end of the College of Winterhold quest line, I really don't think that Ancano was following Thalmor orders to the letter, and most likely, he was supposed to collect magical artifacts for the Thalmor rather than use it for himself. As notmyhome said, he became mad with power.

He won't be executed, they took that out of the game and story.