Age of Empires 2

Thedragonemperor

My favorite race was the Aztecs. Their monks were amazing, and if you could latch onto any relics, then gold actually flowed in enough to be a practical benefit. Also, their Jaguar warriors could take on just about any other type of infantry. The one beef I have with them is that their navy sucks. If you're playing on any map type where naval power is a key to victory, you're in for a long and hard and expensive fight.

A close second is the Goths. They're essentially the Zerg of AoE2. They build fast, build cheap, and unlike the Zerg, their units aren't crappy individually. Their Huskarls can take an unholy beating from archers. I've only got 2 complaints about this civ. Their navy is little more than row-boats and their buildings fold up like a house of cards. I don't mind not being able to build walls so much cuz I never bothered with 'em anyway. But the fact that buildings crumble in the blink of an eye is kind of annoying.

• 2 weeks later...
Teutons. Always like playing a medieval based German faction,although technically it meant the Teutonic Knights which is not actually medieval Germany,but as an order they are awesome and enjoyed massing lots of them and just destroying my enemies. I don't really remember much but that really it has been a long while since I last played.

• 3 weeks later...

Lol its kinda funny bcuz in my time when i played age of empires 2 was about ....5...6...years ago and god damn was pretty good...nothing else to comment.XD

OO i doubt some one here knows the game Dark Reignhttp://i108.photobucket.com/albums/n24/klutzon/Dark_Reign_Cover.jpgOther good strategy game from 10 years ago...

One thing I liked about AoE2 is the menu, it was just so relaxing. The nighttime scene of a village... hearing horsesteps and stuff.

I've actually been listening to the soundtrack (both AoE2 and Conquerors have a 50min odd track), just put the game CD into your cd player and enjoy. One funny thing is that microsoft identifies it's own game music as some single from Jennifer Lopez through windows media player. :blink: or at least it did back in the days.

My CDs are a bit scratched up though so there's a few short hiccups. Easily ignorable though.

I never bothered with AoE3 since I tried Age of Mythology and wasn't that impressed. I actually got that game for christmas and it came with a fairly large 500 page thick mythology book (Bulfinch's Mythology Age of Fable, Age of Charlemagne, Age of Chivalry) written in fairly difficult english. I spent more time reading that than playing the actual game. The OST CD that came with that special edition was fantastic too. The music was really nice for this game, extremely soothing stuff.

Wow, this makes me feel nostalgic. 8 years already... I was still thinking of AoM being relatively new. ;D

Anyhow, time to find out if Windows 7 can play AoE2. ;)

• 1 month later...

for land unit Briton with its longbow or Persia with its janissary.backed up with some healer this guy is formidable in large number.

and for the sea craft, Korean with its Steel plated Turtle boat.

• 1 year later...
My favourite race was the Celts. my plan of attack was to use the seige weaponary as tanks while the woad warriors to destroy anyone that tried to run away. my favourite race to fight were the Aztecs as it was basicly warrior versus warrior