The Ultimate Realistic and Immersive Skyrim Experience
A catalog of over 100 mods that you should install if you want your Skyrim game to be the most real life-like
I made a save file with the most realistic mods I found, so I wanted to share them with you now
This list concentrates the majority in gameplay, so it does not include city enhancements for example since they are not neccesary for a realistic experience.
I'll first list the ones that you must have installed in order to make the game the most realistic possible, and then a list of optional mods that you can include just if you want since with the main list it already has too much mods.
This list is intended for players who are already familiar with the vanilla game and want something new.
Mods that should be included:
- A Quality World Map
It grants the visibility of the roads that you are going through. You'll never get lost!
Provides new animal species, just like the real world.
- Animated Clutter
Things that did not move before now do.
Your character will perform new animations when interacting with objects, as well as with Animated Clutter.
- Audio Overhaul for Skyrim 2
Makes sounds more realistic and better in overall.
- Auto Unequip Ammo
Because it is annoying that when you change from bow to any other weapon your quiver stays there.
- Bandolier - Bags and Pouches
In a so realistic word you should be able to carry more things in containers hanging in your body, right?
- Battle Fatigue and Injuries
Because you are supposed to get tired and hurt in a real way.
- Bandages - a Battle Fatigue and Injuries patch
If you get hurt and bleed you must heal yourself just like in the real world.
- Bellyaches Animal and Creature Pack
The more real animals the merrier.
- Better Dialogue Controls
Well, this has nothing to do with realism since it's interface, but this is a must have.
- Better Fast Travel - Carriages and Ships – Overhauled
Because small town deserves love from carriages... and because it makes sense.
- Better MessageBox Controls
Another that is just a must have.
- Better Shaped Weapons
Because we must vary out the vanilla weapons.
- Birds and Flocks
Birds are supposed to be seen flying in the air.
It makes you aware of where you are, just in case you did not notice it when traveling with no HUB.
- Bring Out Your Dead
Burrying dead bodies is supposed to happen, specially with so much death in Skyrim. That is when this mod comes in.
- Civil War Overhaul
Makes you feel like there is actually a civil war happening.
- Clear Skies -No More Dragons-
As I said: REALISTIC. Dragons don't actually exist in real world. Maybe they did.... hm...
- Climates of Tamriel / Pure Weather (Extra: Downpour for better raining)
In order to make Skyrim vary its environment.
- Climates of Tamriel: http://www.nexusmods...im/mods/17802/?
- Pure Weather: http://www.nexusmods...im/mods/52423/?
A little extra for better rain:
- Downpour: http://www.nexusmods...im/mods/56665/?
- Complete Crafting Overhaul Remade
Because you must organize your steel in some way.
- Convenient Horses
If you want to have various horses in one place, and name them too.
- Corners of Skyrim
This adds more locations. Perfect if your are traveling the country.
- Dead Body Collision
Now you can actually touch corpses... uh.. you know what I mean.
- Deadly Mutilation
If you cut a person with a sword they are supposed to be torn appart.
- Destructible Bottles
As well as bottles.
- Disease Descriptions for the Immersive Adventurer
Just in case you don't know what to do if you get ill.
- Dovahkiin Relaxes Too
What? Can't you take a break from killing bandits? This should do it.
- Drinking Fountains of Skyrim
If you are out there in the wilds with no water and you find a fountain, what should you do?
- Dynamic Difficulty
To challenge yourself in making the world around you what you deserve.
- Dynamic Loot
This makes bandits' items less monotonous.
- Dynamic Things
For making containers and objects in overall more realistic. Makes things better for surviving out there.
- Enemy AI OverHaul---Revenge Of the Enemies---No Scripts Version
Enemies are more realistic now with this.
- Enhanced Blood Textures
Real blood. To go along with Deadly Mutilation.
- Enhanced Camera
Now you can actually see your body in 1st person just like in real life.
- Enhanced Lights and FX / Realistic Lighting Overhaul (with Relightning option)
- Enhanced Lights and FX: http://www.nexusmods...im/mods/27043/?
- Realistic Lightning Overhaul: http://www.nexusmods...im/mods/30450/?
Extra for some light sources fixes:
- Relighting Skyrim: http://www.nexusmods...im/mods/17609/?
- Equipping Overhaul AND All Geared Up
This mods should be used together. They make you wear all items at the same time, as well as other things.
- Equipping Overhaul: http://www.nexusmods...im/mods/49784/?
- All Geared Up: http://www.nexusmods...im/mods/40953/?
- Extended Encounters AND Ultimate Deadly Encounters
Both makes raids and attacks in general more interesting, so install both.
- Extended Encounters: http://www.nexusmods...im/mods/50376/?
- The Way of the Dovahkiin - Ultimate Deadly Encounters aka Sands of Time: http://www.nexusmods...im/mods/12452/?
- Farm Animals
Realistic farm animals.
- Fires Hurt
Because standing on fire is supposed to burn you.
- Fishing in Skyrim
A feature that is available in the real world, so we must put it in our game.
- Follower Commentary Overhaul
To have interactive followers. Now they will talk while traveling with you.
Now walking in snow actually leaves a mark.
If you are out there in the snow... aren't you supposed to freeze to death?
- Height Adjusted Races with True Giants
True size of characters.
- Hidden Hideouts of Skyrim
Where you can hide fron predators and the cold of the world.
You will need supplies when hunting animals, this is the answer.
- I Yield, I Yield
Because if someone gives up... they give up.
- Ice and Fire Overhaul
Now fires and ices stay where they are and dissapear as in real world.
- Immersive Armors
For more resources. This adds more armor that fits in the game.
- Immersive Beds
For more dynamization.
- Immersive Creatures
More things to kill.
- Immersive Fallen Trees
More dynamic environment. Now with trees that fell down and make your path easier.
- Immersive HUD – iHUD
For your comfort. This mod lets you choose what you want to see in your screen.
- Immersive NPCs in the Dark
Because the shadows are supposed to make everyone blind.
- Immersive Patrols
Remeber the civil war? Well, the patrols will remind you often.
- Immersive Settlements
To fill the gaps of empty world.
- Immersive Sounds Compendium
More realistic sounds.
- Immersive Weapons
A variety of weapons that fit in the game.
- Inconsequential NPCs
- Interesting NPCs
- It Rained On
This makes rain more immersive and realistic. You will actually see wet floor.
- Lanterns of Skyrim
Roads are too dark in the night, this will help. It places lanterns across the world.
- Locational Damage
Because it is not the same to be hit in the foot than in the head.
- Lock Overhaul
Realistic lockpiking situations.
- Loot and Degradation
Because armor is supposed to worn out.
This makes things easier for you when searching for items in a survival world.
- No Boring Sleep-Wait Menu
Better sleeping and waiting interface. This has nothing to do with realism, but makes things better.
- Non-Essential Children
Because kids must die... well that did not sound good...
- NPC Havok Hit
Now you actually see the pain when you hit someone...
- NPC Knockout Overhaul
Now you can actually knock out someone.
- OBIS: Organized Bandits In Skyrim
Because you are not the only one looking to survive. Now you meet other people who is also seeking to loot you once you are dead.
- Open Cities
No loading screens when entering cities.
- People are Strangers
Odd that you already know everyone's name? This will work.
- Perseids Inns and Taverns - Realistic Room Rental Enhanced
Realistic places where you can rest and they charge you in a realistic way.
- Player Headtracking
Your head is supposed to move, right?
- Point The Way
Don't know where you are going? Fear no more.
- Prides of Skyrim
More realistic animals, yeah!
- Pumping Iron
Realistic body mechanics. Now you actually become muscular with time.
- Random Alternate Start / Alternate Start Live Another Life
We are seeking for a new experience in Skyrim, so we need a new start.
- Random Alternate Start (a lot of possibilities, but you end up in difficult places): http://www.nexusmods...im/mods/25404/?
- Alternate Start Live Another Life (less possibilities, but you can survive in better places): http://www.nexusmods...rim/mods/9557/?
- Real Shelter
You can cover from rain and snow.
- Realistic Animals and Predators
Name says it all.
- Realistic Crime Radius
Odd that everyone knows when you commited a crime even if they are looking another way? Use this.
- Realistic Needs and Diseases / iNeed – Food, Water and Sleep
Because you must eat, drink and sleep.
- Realistic need and Diseases (hardcore): http://www.nexusmods...im/mods/26228/?
- iNeed - Food, Water and Sleep (more relaxed): http://www.nexusmods...im/mods/51473/?
- Realistic Nights
Because vanilla nights are too bright.
- Roof Avalanches
Roofs now catch realistic snow, and it falls down.
- Simple Taxes
Taxes, just like in real life. Frustrating... but realistic.
- SkyBirds - Airborne Perching Birds
More birds to the environment.
- Skyrim Flora Overhaul
More grass. This covers the environment in a better way.
- Skyrim Redone
Not only makes gameplay completely new, it also makes it more realistic.
- Sleep Anywhere
If you can't find where to sleep.
- Sneak Tools
- Splash of Rain
The rain now actually collides with the ground.
- Static Mesh Improvement
Things are shapped better.
- Supreme Storms
More strong rain and snow in some ocassions.
- SXP - Skyrim Experience Mod
For a new leveling system.
New mechanics for more variation.
- The Honored Dead
If we already have a graveyard mod, why not having a mod that hangs dead bodies?
- The Path of Shadows
Realistic sneaking mechanics.
- Thieves Guild Requirements - No Auto Quest Start Brynjolf
Realistic Theives Guild recruitment.
- Touring Carriages
- Trade and Barter
More interesting way to trade and administrate goods in the game.
- Travel By Boat
Boats deserve love.
- Ultimate Combat
Better combat mechanics.
- Ultimate Item Extender
More items to make things more interesting.
- Unofficial Patches
Just a must have to fix bugs and odd things in the game.
- Unoficial Skyrim Patch: http://www.nexusmods...kyrim/mods/19/?
- Unoficial Dawnguard Patch: http://www.nexusmods...im/mods/23491/?
- Unoficial Dragonborn Patch: http://www.nexusmods...im/mods/31083/?
- Unoficial Hearthfire Patch: http://www.nexusmods...im/mods/25127/?
- Wet and Cold
Realistic snows and environment that covers it.
- Windsong Skyrim Character Overhaul
Better NPCs. To vary the vanilla ones.
- Winter Is Coming - Cloaks
To protect yourself from the cold air.
Additional: (not really focused on realistic gamepleay, but they are very cool and/or popular)
- Apachii SkyHair
- Racemenu (with precache killer)
- A body repolacer
- UFO / EFF
- Your Market Stall
- Cutting Room Floor - Unlocked Hidden Content
- YY Anim Replacer - Mystic Knight (Except the Master Spells Animation)
- Animation Tweaks and Fixes
- VioLens / The Dance of Death
- Shooting Stars
- Take Notes - Journal of the Dragonborn
- Realistic Ragdolls and Force (I think this may not be necessary if there are no dragons)
- Wearable Lanterns
- Immersive Animations
- No Spinning Death Animation
- XPMS Skeleton
- Dual Sheath Redux
(will post links later)
So there you have it. Now go ahead and make Skyrim the most realistic possible!