Dovahkiir - Custom Race Concept

RalinDrakus

Never used the program before myself.. Two kids and full time job. Total n00b when it comes to these things, I'm much better as an idea man and helping to develop storylines and concepts.

As far as the wings being useful, Anton currently has added a couple of perks to whoever has the wings equiped: No fall damage at all and a higher jump. These make the wings useful, but for the purposes of making the wings themselves (I think my suggestions would be perfect for Anton's wings in their stand alone state) and the race more realistic and fun I think these tweaks should be further explored. First of all, in the current setting, the wings give you a much higher jump but the distance achieved isn't much more than you get in the base game. If there is a way to increase the distance of each jump, while slowing the decent (This is another problem with the current settings Anton has. While you receive no damage from falling, you descend just as fast and a normal character). I have no idea how this could be implemented, but if it's possible to manipulate the speed of descent while maintaining the climb rate, the wings would seem much more real.

Another idea I have for Anton's wings that would make them a much more viable stand alone mod, is the ability to hit the jump button again while in mid air. Currently flight for these wings is limited to use of the Beta Flying Mod. The wings work extremely well with it, but the flying mod itself is still very buggy. However, if the Animated Dragon Wings mod added a function that allowed you to continually punch the jump button and get an upward burst with each strike of the button (simulating a burst from the wings), and add to that the above mentioned gliding ability, flight has effectively been achieved. It would be much slower and less deliberate than the flying mod, but I feel it would be MUCH more realistic. We would be mimicking the flight style of real love soaring birds who flap their wings when necessary and then glide to their destination. As far as gaming controls imagine the jump option in The Force Unleashed, where you have the ability to have a second 'jump' while in mid air. For this game, we could port the existing dragon wing animation for when they first take off or create a unique animation to match it for each time the jump button is struck. This feature in and of itself is PERFECT for Anton's stand along mod, and would then make the Dovahkiir race more complete and give use to the wings

All of this is FAR beyond my abilities as a creator, I'm only good for the concepts. But if any of the concepts are viable I think they'd be amazing additions to the community

• 2 months later...

Sorry to necro again, but after just restarting several characters due to over modding I'm preparing to recreate this character. Found some pictures of the existing Dovahkiir that I was playing as; thought I would share.

Using console commands I placed the character into the Dragon, Dragon Priest, and Draugr factions. Led to some fun situations.

The concept of playing as an antihero is very interesting to me, especially since I haven't really seen it done anywhere else here. Walking into the Barrows like a returning overlord claiming his lost city is a very different experience, and even more so to see a random dragon attack as an ally Against the populace as I raid a city.

Using console commands I placed the character into the Dragon, Dragon Priest, and Draugr factions. Led to some fun situations.

The concept of playing as an antihero is very interesting to me, especially since I haven't really seen it done anywhere else here. Walking into the Barrows like a returning overlord claiming his lost city is a very different experience, and even more so to see a random dragon attack as an ally Against the populace as I raid a city.

This looks awesome. Here's a mod that gets rid of the main story: https://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=169372128

And here's one for better dragon breath: http://www.nexusmods.com/skyrim/mods/18738/?

With school I don't have a lot of time and I don't have a lot of modding experience but if there's something I can do to help let me know.

• 2 weeks later...

Thank you for the comment and links!

I personally use Live Another Life - http://www.nexusmods.com/skyrim/mods/9557/?

It's an amazing mod that I highly recommend. However, because I use Mod Orgnaizer I might be able to run a separate profile that runs Skyrim Unbound. Live Another Life gives a lot of alternative starts, but none advance the main story. Dragons already having returned is what would be needed for the Dovahkiir, as they are awakened from their slumber by Alduin's return.

The improved dragon shouts was pointed out to me previously, and would be a great addition. My only concern was, for those like myself who are running mid range or weaker PC's it seemed like a heavy mod that might have conflicts. But if it could be done seamlessly I'd be all for it

A main quest overhaul that added the option to actually join Alduin and the dragons, either as a vanilla race playing the Dragon Born or as a Dovahkiir, seems like such a cool concept on the surface. However I fully understand the overwhelming size of the task. Lore and concept wise I know it could be done; it gives reason for Alduin to save our character in the beginning of the game. He realized he underestimated the power of mortals and has decided to try and lure his one greatest threat over to his ranks. A multitude of missions and quests could be formulated.

-Playing as a Dovahkiir, you could awaken in Bleak Falls Barrow. As you progress, the decrepit crypt is slowly rebuilt into the fortress and dragon worshiping temple it was millennia ago.

-You meet with Alduin, who sends you on a quest to awaken your brothers and sisters who still sleep in their own Barrows across Skyrim. The Draugr, instead of being their former servents cursed with undeath, are actually Nord heroes of the Dragon Wars who were blessed with the eternal duty to guard the ancient barrows and prevent their captives from ever being revived.

-You must be constantly vigilant against Blades warriors who hunt you at every turn. Their reorganized group operating from their hidden fortress can be one of the key adversaries who you must root out and destroy. Alduin or one of his lieutenants might send you on missions to rescue captured dragons or avenge those who have been assassinated by Blades agents

-City sieges are waged with Dovahkiir and Dragon Priests at your side and Dragons overhead.

It's all a fascinating concept that even if completely impractical to create in the game would at the very least make for an amazing alternative fanfiction.