Heavy Traffic ×

DAupdater error

hound89

ok so every time i go to install a DA zip i get an error

5/22/2010 11:36 PM - Engine.Content.ContentInstaller, Information - Installing Sten_Armor folder: C:\Users\Ian\Documents\BioWare\Dragon Age\temp\Sten_Armor\Contents\packages to: C:\Users\Ian\Documents\BioWare\Dragon Age\packages\

5/22/2010 11:36 PM - Engine.Content.ContentInstaller, Information - Installing Sten_Armor folder: C:\Users\Ian\Documents\BioWare\Dragon Age\temp\Sten_Armor\Contents\addins to: C:\Users\Ian\Documents\BioWare\Dragon Age\AddIns\

5/22/2010 11:36 PM - Engine.Content.ContentInstaller, Information - Updating AddIns.xml

5/22/2010 11:36 PM - Engine.Content.ContentInstaller, Error - Couldn't update XML file, error: System.NullReferenceException: Object reference not set to an instance of an object.

at DAUpdater.Engine.Content.ContentInstaller.UpdateAddInsXml(String UID, XmlNode newAddInItem)

at DAUpdater.Engine.Content.ContentInstaller.InstallContent(InstallInfo installInfo, Boolean bDeleteAfterInstall)

5/22/2010 11:36 PM - Engine.Content.ContentInstaller, Error - Install failed!

this one for example

it might be because i altered my Adins XML but i am not certain

can some one help me out please?

1) Run DAOriginsLauncher-MCE.exe from your installed directory (IE- where you installed the program to, not your documents folder)

2) Choose "Configure"

3) Let it scan your computer system

Hopefully that fixes it :smile:

just tried it

didn't work :sad:

I am not an expert here by any means but I see that one of your errors is an XML error. If you did indeed alter it did you save a copy of the original and try to replace it?

just tried it

didn't work :sad:

I am not an expert here by any means but I see that one of your errors is an XML error. If you did indeed alter it did you save a copy of the original and try to replace it?

no.....

delete/uninstall all and re-install the entire game works every time :thumbsup:

will i keep my saved game & mods?

yes when you uninstall the game you have an option to keep your saved games folders intact or just simply make a back up copy from your character folder in C:\Documents and Settings\Administrator\My Documents\BioWare\Dragon Age\Characters after you installed a new Dragon age just install all the mods that your character used :biggrin: or if you have the expansion just patched it up to 1.03 and put all the mods together.

that's how i did it when i accidentally deleted my bioware folder and emptied my bin....... :ermm:

yes when you uninstall the game you have an option to keep your saved games folders intact or just simply make a back up copy from your character folder in C:\Documents and Settings\Administrator\My Documents\BioWare\Dragon Age\Characters after you installed a new Dragon age just install all the mods that your character used :biggrin: or if you have the expansion just patched it up to 1.03 and put all the mods together.

that's how i did it when i accidentally deleted my bioware folder and emptied my bin....... :ermm:

worked like a charm....only now awakening wont work

i can live with out it its just annoying

thanks for all the help

worked like a charm....only now awakening wont work

i can live with out it its just annoying

thanks for all the help

NP :rolleyes:

@your awake prob did you install the 1.03 patch ?