Second opportunity to "harden" companions

Dagarin

Would it be possible for somebody to make a mod that allows for a second option to harden the personalities Alistair, Leliana, or to re-soften them.

I think it'd be useful for people who are sick of their personalities but have already passed the quests that allow them to be hardened.

It doesn't have to be some fancy quest, it could just be a new dialogue option available at all times, or just some random item that can be used

There's an item called the Machiovallian Tome, in a mod called MetaGame items which can do exactly what you are looking for. If you use it while they are just at 100% approval, it will harden them. if they are already hardened and you use it on them, it will set their hardened flag for "Off".

You just give it to them as a gift. :wink:

http://www.dragonagenexus.com/downloads/file.php?id=13

the alternate lothering portal in this mod is handy too, if you happen to get that quest for the guy in lothering, AFTER they got beat down by the darkspawn and can't go back. Or if you get winter forge and need to revisit it for the learning scrolls. :wink:

K, I'll try to explain this. Sorry if I dont do a very good job of it, lol.

Hardening is... like toughening up their personality. Makes them a stronger inner person and able to better handle some of the crap that the journey entails.

In game terms, it means that they don't disapprove as much of some of the things that you do. In alistairs case, it means that he can cope with more of his inner demons and go ahead and marry anora after loghain joins the team. In Morrigan's case it's more like she has more trust in your choices, cause she b!tches a Lot less.

Ah dammit I am gonna KILL my roommate if he doesnt stay off my computer! (This Is DW)

Edited by BrujahWarrior

lol ok got ya ....thats what it means..but thats rather silly thats like trying to change someone's personality.

Anyway

Thanks Wolf aka room mate :P

PS. Err Brujah ? correct me if im wrong but isnt that one of the vampire clans from that game Vampire Masquarade ? and if it is your room mate has a great taste in games :)

Well, tbh, we make changes in their personalities by the choices that we make in the game and the dialog options that we take with them. Some of the things we do, really do affect the way that they will react later. Its sort of the good/bad influence thing that parents and girlfriends are always getting onto us about :wink:

No prob, lol. Yah, I gotta start paying attention to which account is logged on I guess. I'm not used to having somebody else around that has access to my comp.

It is indeed from Vampire the Masquerade. He and I both have played it for years. I actually MET Jase from back when we both would play it LARP. I kinda like the tabletop version more tho. And the FPS vid games that came out for it were pretty cool. :smile:

LOL Yeah, I kinda miss those. Dunno if you remember the first vampire the masquerade or not, but I used to use console cheats and be running around the midieval world packing ar15's and UZI's, hahaha :laugh:

• 2 weeks later...