better equipment?

hiro928

hey everybody, have a bit of a problem, was wondering if i could get some advice. decided i was gunna give Skyim a nice big overhaul, especially since i built myself a new computer, and decided i would put it through it's paces, i installed all the mods reccomended here

http://www.ign.com/articles/2014/08/20/15-mods-that-make-skyrim-look-beautiful

going with the Opethfeldt preset, and the Skyrim Distance Overhaul, and almost everything else here i felt would be nice to have, now on Vanilla Skyrim i can hit close to 100 FPS on ultra settings easy, but as soon as i turned all the mods on, the FPS tanked to about 17, plus it crashed when i entered a mine.

i'm using an AMD FX 4300 3.8 GHz Quad-Core Proccessor

an ATI Radeon HD 7700 with 2 GB of memory

and about 8 GB of RAM

now my first though was i probably need more RAM to solve the problem, seeing as i believe all my other parts are up to the task, but i figured i would come on here and get a second opinion before rushing out to buy stuff, any help would be appriciated, thank you.

Hmm... Did you make sure you had everything installed correctly, with proper load order and such? That's always a good place to start. If so then, hrmm...I'm pretty sure I've tried a similar setup without that bad of FPS. I only have a 3.2 GHz quad-core processor, but my graphics card does have 4 GB of RAM so maybe that's your issue? Not entirely sure.

yeah, i read each mod page completely, installed one before another if they told me to, changed the load order, and like i said, my graphics card has 2 GB of RAM, but as for Physical RAM, i only have 8, could that be it? or could it be something else?

Skyrim on ultra with ENB and lots of mods is going to require a very heavy system, try reducing vanilla settings to medium or high and decrease shadows to medium or low. If you got lots of texture replacers you should reduce the texture settings because you probably don't need most of the remaining ones to be at high.

now my first though was i probably need more RAM to solve the problem, seeing as i believe all my other parts are up to the task

The RAM is the last you should change. It's your graphics card. Opethfeldt is one of the more demanding ENBs and for that your GPU is just too weak.

ok, so i changed both the graphical setting in the vanilla game and uninstalled some mods that may have been overkill, plus instead of the 4k Skyrim HD settings i went with 1k lite, so far everything still looks pretty damn nice, i may have to readjust the grass mod though cause everything looks a little patchy, but all in all, the ENB settings say my FPS is sitting around 20-25, but it doesn't look like i'm getting any actual lag, i think i may have fixed it, once i get into some intensive battles and get more s#*! on screen at once, i'll be able to have a better performance update, but so far, i think all i had to do, was dumb some stuff down, maybe it was to much s#*! going on at once, some of it unnessessary