SKSE 1.7.01 Crash On Startup

Disschorde

The only thing I find suspicious is this line:

version = 0001000900200000

Considering I am running 1.9.32 of Skyrim. Can someone confirm/deny that this happens on a working copy?

==================================

That is the same number i get...>version = 0001000900200000 so normal....MY game is working.

Your log looked normal..(well missing the Memory patch) this is my Log for reference..Having SKSE do the SSME patch is why i have the memory mentioned in the log.

skse loader 01070000 (steam) 01CFC712DC5252D8 6.1 (7601)
base addr = 61D70000
GetSystemTimeAsFileTime IAT = 0106B1D8
original GetSystemTimeAsFileTime = 750934D9
patched GetSystemTimeAsFileTime = 61D716C0
GetStartupInfoA IAT = 0106B1D0
original GetStartupInfoA = 75090E00
patched GetStartupInfoA = 61D716E0
InstallHook: thread = 5344 retaddr = 00F69112 hookSrc = 0
appPath = E:\Games\Steam\steamapps\common\Skyrim\TESV.exe
dwSignature = FEEF04BD
dwStrucVersion = 00010000
dwFileVersionMS = 00010009
dwFileVersionLS = 00200000
dwProductVersionMS = 00010009
dwProductVersionLS = 00200000
dwFileFlagsMask = 00000017
dwFileFlags = 00000000
dwFileOS = 00000004
dwFileType = 00000001
dwFileSubtype = 00000000
dwFileDateMS = 00000000
dwFileDateLS = 00000000
version = 0001000900200000
steam exe
dll = E:\Games\Steam\steamapps\common\Skyrim\skse_1_9_32.dll
old winmain = 0069D1D0
runtime root = E:\Games\Steam\steamapps\common\Skyrim\
config path = E:\Games\Steam\steamapps\common\Skyrim\Data\SKSE\skse.ini
overriding memory pool sizes
default heap = 768MB (effective 512MB if not preloading animations)
scrap heap = 256MB
OnHook: thread = 5344
calling winmain

Running 1.7 and not the 1.7.1

Edited by camaro_69_327

Having SKSE do the SSME patch is why i have the memory mentioned in the log.

Hmm...I have SSME installed (or so I thought) into my game as well... I have the ini as well as the d3dx9.dll in my Skyrim folder. The ini must be misplaced, I'll move it to the skse\plugins folder and get back with some details.

Edited by Disschorde

Bump-tastic

I recently discovered that somehow SSME isn't working on my SKSE either, any ideas why that might occur?

It is installed correctly, butmaybe the root of that problem could also be what is causing the problem on my Skyrim as a whole.

THERE IS AN ANSWER, WE WILL FIND IT

A bit rude to just brush away my post don't you think? You installed Skyrim in the wrong directory. Having steam and skyrim in program files is a very common problem factor.

https://support.steampowered.com/kb_article.php?ref=7418-YUBN-8129

If I did brush off your post, it would be. My files are in the Program Files (x86) directory, which I'm sure changes nothing at all (but it is different). And in that case, why not have the installer install into a different location other then the place that causes common failures...? Steam, you confuse me...

AS Valkaska pointed out, many things do not work as intended when the game (and Steam) are installed into a UAC protected folder. Windows silently stops things from writing to that folder.

easy solution...move steam and the game.

I was one of the ones way back when that insisted i could run the game and all programs from the (x86) folder. Ohhh how i was wrong. i moved steam, and have not had one problem since.

AS Valkaska pointed out, many things do not work as intended when the game (and Steam) are installed into a UAC protected folder. Windows silently stops things from writing to that folder.

easy solution...move steam and the game.

I was one of the ones way back when that insisted i could run the game and all programs from the (x86) folder. Ohhh how i was wrong. i moved steam, and have not had one problem since.

I assumed this was the case and I am in the process of moving all of my Steam Stuff into a different folder :)

I have been monitoring this thread for a while now, looking for a solution for this interesting issue. I have to say at this point:

If someone who is most likely more experienced in the area of expertise you're currently in: Take the advice they're giving you.

No offense, just a tip for the future ;) Not everyone has the patience and persistance of Valkasha and will remind you of something they've already said. Some will just think you tried that, it didn't work and you just didn't mention it. Some will say something like "f*#@ it, if he doesn't take my advice it's his vault.". Either way, you may continue to stuck with your problem, altough you already have the solution right under your nose.

Well, there's good news and bad news.

Good news

• I get to make another list :3
  • So far moving my Steam directory to C: has let Skyrim start up again
  • I am once again proven to be an idiot

Bad news:

• Fully reinstalling mods sucks, back up your stuff people.

I thank all of you for putting up with my ignorance, I will let you know if it still works fine once all of my mods are fully reinstalled. :)