STEP install was running great, now immediate CTD after adding new mods, no BOSS, TES5Edit or LOOT errors, how to find cause?

tarzanofmars

Just checked, it's being loaded, so I removed it from skyrim folder, replaced the dll and exe just to see, same crash.

What do you think about this conversation? http://steamcommunity.com/app/72850/discussions/0/648813576201956399/?l=hungarian

Someone is suggesting run the injector version instead of the dll? If I were to try that would I just keep the dll and exe out and install the injector version and let it overwrite the existing files?

Well, it worked, but omg did it look bad, like really low textures on everything, it looked weird.

I've still got the recommended ini's in there too.

At least it'll play and look good without the ENB at all, but I was really wanting to try it out.

I really appreciate your help!

Any ideas?

Well, maybe it's a good idea to go back to before you installed all the RealVision enb stuff and delete all enb / RealVision files and start with something easier. I am using this ENB http://www.nexusmods.com/skyrim/mods/41482/? which really looks great and is not too taxing on your system.

After you've got your ENB up and running you can install texture packs and visual enhancements that you like.

Ok, that's what I'll do then.

So just look in the enb and real vision zips and whatever I see there just find it in skyrim and skyrim/data and delete and I'll be good right?

Edit: I did have ENb working before realvision, I would get a text about ENb at startup, but it was just the program itself via the STEP instructions, like I said all of this began with realvision. i may just try to delete it and use another,

Thanks for the help

Edited by tarzanofmars

I just uninstalled it via the uninstall file in the skyrim folder, then removed it in MO.

I think I need all new skryim and skyrimprefs ini's, something doesn't look right, everything, especially the grass and flowers look much lower res. I'd done all the changes recommended by step and then discarded those (mistake) and replaced the them with the ones recommended by RealVision.

Ok cool.

Thanks for getting me playing again :smile: , but I think after reinstalling RealVision and running it with the injector that what I'm seeing as different is not ENBs fault, it just seems now that my grass and plants look horrid, splotchy and spread out, much different than before, while everything else looks crisp HD..

I found a thread that has some advice I may try. http://www.reddit.com/r/skyrimmods/comments/1yvltl/despite_installing_enb_many_mods_grass_looks_like/

I also wonder why Skyrim 2k is not included in STEP despite being the most popular texture mod? I know this is off topic but what do you know about all that?

I'm not worried about FPS, I haven't dropped below 60 once with what I have now.

One more question, I run LOOT and TES5Edit through MO, but when I run the game I have to run directly from the SKSE loader in Skyrim because when I try it through MO it says it cannot find TESV. I tried copying my entire MO folder into Skyrim and Skyrim/Data and then running MO from that location and it still can't find TESV. Does any of this matter?