[LE] Reseting the DweRepository Loop Anim?

Hoamaii

Hey guys,

Anybody knows how to prevent the DweRepository (used in Septimus's Mundane quest) to keep looping its animation when reloading?

It's an activator but can't be directly activated - it is triggered opened by the DA04 quest and is supposed to remain open forever after that.

I'm using it in a new mod and managed to get the player to open it with a script attached to a Dwemer Cube Stand. It initiallty loads up in its default closed state and the opening process works fine but I can't find a way to reset it to default - nor to stop the open anim to replay whenever the cell is reloaded.

In the CK's ID preview, 2 anims are listed under Havok: NONE and "Trigger01". When clicking on either one of them, the animation loops forever. And I don't know much about Havok anims. Anyone can give me litlle hand?

Many thanks in advance :).

• 5 years later...

Sure. The function I used to open it is:

DweRepository01.PlayAnimationAndWait("Trigger01", "Done")

If you only use "DweRepository01.PlayAnimation("Trigger01")", the animation will loop forever instead and never stop.

As it is in the CK, that activator cannot be activated directly by the player. So you need to either link it to a scripted activator (like a button for instance) or trigger box to make it activable, or add a keyword to your DweRepository reference (like "WerewolfCanActivate" for instance). It all depends on how you wanna use it.

Still haven't found a way to reverse the animation though - truth is I've stopped looking!.. ;)

T

Sure. The function I used to open it is:

DweRepository01.PlayAnimationAndWait("Trigger01", "Done")

If you only use "DweRepository01.PlayAnimation("Trigger01")", the animation will loop forever instead and never stop.

As it is in the CK, that activator cannot be activated directly by the player. So you need to either link it to a scripted activator (like a button for instance) or trigger box to make it activable, or add a keyword to your DweRepository reference (like "WerewolfCanActivate" for instance). It all depends on how you wanna use it.

Still haven't found a way to reverse the animation though - truth is I've stopped looking!.. :wink:

Thanks, helped me a lot!

@ Dshaggyman116: you're welcome! :)

@ dylbill: was a loooOOOoong time ago that I created this thread, can't remember everything I tried but if I remember correctly "Reset()" did not work for that mesh. It would only reset when the whole cell did - besides, resetting would only restore it to its initial "closed" mesh, it never played its animation in reverse.

If havok anims work anything like other .hkx, it would need to be reversed in 3DS or Blender. I'm fine working with character animations, but know nothing about havok anims. If anyone can point in the right direction to load havok anims in 3DS, that would sure help! :)