Will my build run Skyrim on ultra with a lot of mods?

farmfowls

I have had some conflicting opinions on whether or not my build (http://ca.pcpartpicker.com/p/49MnXL) will run Skyrim on ultra with a lot of mods. Some say my 780ti won't do well because AMD cards have more compatibility with Skyrim's coding. Others say the exact opposite, in which Nvidea cards work better than AMD's. I thought my system was overkill for Skyrim, and some still say it is whereas others say it isn't. Will the rest of my system work? I will get the list of mods I have been looking at so far when I get a chance. That list is just a start FYI, there will be many more. I don't plan on using too many graphical mods (I would stop at a point where they become irrelevant) but I don't know what I will end up getting and don't know how many I will want/need. I will want to have the best picture quality possible for my monitor as well. Should I expect that with my setup now? If I were to in the future, upgrade monitors, would I be seeing issues then? And what is the average number of graphical mods that you use?. Would my system have any trouble with that number? If there were any changes, what would you recommend? Also, would I be getting a constant 60 fps with my setup? If you guys/gals could help me out with this, that would be great!

Yep should be fine, I get 60 fps with a similar setup. Tho if you run a lot of mods you won't need to put textures on ultra since those mods will replace most important ones with even better ones so you can leave the non-important ones at medium :smile:

Edited by Valkasha

Yep should be fine. Tho if you run a lot of mods you won't need to put textures on ultra since those mods will replace most of them with even better ones :smile:

Thanks for the quick reply. Why are some people having conflicting statements then? Does it matter if your GPU is either Nvidea or AMD for modded Skyrim?

16g ram

gtx 780ti

i7 4770k

I run an ENB, the maximum ammount of plugins(255), a mix of around a hundred model, texture, lighting and shading mods.

My total of installed mods is around 300.

I also have the HD dlc installed.

So yeah, very heavily modded.

Edited by Valkasha

16g ram

gtx 780ti

i7 4770k

I run an ENB, the maximum ammount of plugins(255), a mix of around a hundred model, texture, lighting and shading mods.

My total of installed mods is around 300.

I also have the HD dlc installed.

So yeah, very heavily modded.

What 780ti do you have? And what fps on average do you get?

Edited by farmfowls

http://gpuboss.com/gpus/EVGA-GeForce-GTX-780-Ti-vs-EVGA-GeForce-GTX-780-Ti

That one.

When running recording software I get around 57 frames average in the outdoors. I keep my FPS capped at 60 for stability though, but I'm pretty sure my fps would jump up to 100+ in some areas if I removed the capper, especially interiors.

Edited by Valkasha

Shouldn't matter, but 780ti is unrivaled as far as Skyrim goes. As for those statements, I doubt those people actually have a similar setup to yours. I run that setup + recording software at solid 60ish frames.

And in a heavily modded Skyrim, isn't more vram needed? Many say that 3gb isn't enough and that they constantly reach it.