Need help with making an enemy npc, please!

Desrand

Hi, I'm in the process of making a mod that adds enemies that are aggressive, and act like they're guarding something.

So far, I have the npc created with the appropriate gear, and I need help with the following"

- How do I make it so that when this enemy dies, they disintegrate into black smoke like the Kilkreath Shades?

- How do I make sure you can't loot their ebony gear, and only be able to get the random gem loot?

Thanks so much!

Hi, I'm in the process of making a mod that adds enemies that are aggressive, and act like they're guarding something.

So far, I have the npc created with the appropriate gear, and I need help with the following"

- How do I make it so that when this enemy dies, they disintegrate into black smoke like the Kilkreath Shades?

- How do I make sure you can't loot their ebony gear, and only be able to get the random gem loot?

Thanks so much!

Without a certain mod, you can't loot outfits, so give them an outfit with your ebony gear (outfits can be created as well, can't remember the exact location... Maybe under Items in the Object Window?)

Thanks so much!

Without a certain mod, you can't loot outfits, so give them an outfit with your ebony gear (outfits can be created as well, can't remember the exact location... Maybe under Items in the Object Window?)

Hmm, I see.

I found the outfits, but I'm having trouble giving the outfit to the npc itself.

There's the outfit list in the objects menu, and then there's the drop down menu for outfits in specified npc's menu.

I can't drag and drop the listed outfit into the inventory, for some reason.

Choosing "All Ebony" from the drop down menu makes it lootable, however.

Edited by Desrand

Really? Make your armor non playable maybe. Not sure if that works, but it's worth a try (don't make default ebony non playable though, make your special set non playable).

Non playable? How do I do that? I've made the duplicate of the object listed outfit, now what do I do?

Really? Make your armor non playable maybe. Not sure if that works, but it's worth a try (don't make default ebony non playable though, make your special set non playable).

Non playable? How do I do that? I've made the duplicate of the object listed outfit, now what do I do?

Delete the duplicate outfit. Find the ebony armor, duplicate all of them. In your duplicate armors, tick the non-playable box. Create a new outfit, pull those duplicate armors into the outfit window.

Delete the duplicate outfit. Find the ebony armor, duplicate all of them. In your duplicate armors, tick the non-playable box. Create a new outfit, pull those duplicate armors into the outfit window.

Everytime I do that, and start up the game, the outfit disappears on that npc.

Any idea how to apply that ghost death effect by any chance too? Thanks for your time, you've been very helpful this far.

Edited by Desrand

Any idea how to apply that ghost death effect by any chance too? Thanks for your time, you've been very helpful this far.

Non-playable probably doesn't work for NPCs either. I wasn't sure about that.

I'm not quite sure how to stop the player from taking their armor. The best I can think of is having them, on activation, not open their body container but open a separate container, which has all the items in their body (except for the armor) moved to it on their death. It's kind of clunky, but it could work.

Not sure about the ghost effect, but it's probably fairly easy. I'll look into it.

Non-playable probably doesn't work for NPCs either. I wasn't sure about that.

I'm not quite sure how to stop the player from taking their armor. The best I can think of is having them, on activation, not open their body container but open a separate container, which has all the items in their body (except for the armor) moved to it on their death. It's kind of clunky, but it could work.

Not sure about the ghost effect, but it's probably fairly easy. I'll look into it.

Alright, and thanks again. For now, I'll just deal with having the default outfit, the character is glitching. Might have to remake them, but it wouldn't take that long.

Do let me know if you find anything, thanks.

I think I'm on to something for the Kilkreath death animation. I think it has something to do with the destructible object data, but I'm not yet sure. I'm still screwing around with it, but nothing seems to have changed.

Edit: Wait, damn never mind, that's not it.

Edited by Desrand