Hello! I'm presently working on a mod called '' Personal Bank '' which will allow you to store stuff and get it back wherever you are, whenever you want, I've never liked Unrealistic Carry Weight or stuff like that, I've thought about making a item that you would wear (that you wouldn't see) that would make your Carry Weight way better, still unrealistic so I've got the idea of a portable bank called the '' Personal Bank '', the thing is that I don't know how I can make it, I am pretty fine with modding In '' general '' but with this I'm having some issues, I didn't tried anything yet but i don't think it would work anyway.

My mod is a esp it contains:

Book

Container

Script

Terminal

Worldspace

Now I've placed a Container in a under the ground on a test map that we do not use (so we won't lag if there are many items in the container except maybe when opening the container).

The thing is that I don't know how to make it so when we click on the item that is in our backpack (called Personal Bank) it opens the bank.

I'm not sure if it is with the script or something and now i'm all lost so if someone could give me a tutorial or even lend me a hand, that would be appreciate, If I upload it on the nexus, I will give the person some credits.

By the way, book is the item (Personal Bank) that when we click we will open the bank, that's where i am lost.

If i am right i need to make a script, add it to the item and stuff but what I don't know is the script, how it will looks like.

Thanks in advance.

I assume that when you say "Book" it means that the object is of the type Book in the GECK. Then you can use an OnEquip block in your script. As for opening the container, you can simply call Activate on it with the player as the actionref. This will have the same result as if the player walked up to it and activated it.

ScriptName [name of your script]

Begin OnEquip
    ContainerREF.Activate Player
End

Your placed container will need to be a persistent reference. To make it that, double click on it in the render window, and check the appropriate flag. While you're there, give the container an editor ID that you will refer to it by in your script. In the script above I've used "ContainerREF", but you can modify it to whatever suits your needs.

Okay everything is done, i still have a issue, when I click on the Bank in my inventory, it doesn't open anything.

ScriptName [BankMenuScript]

Begin OnEquip
PersonalBankCont.Activate Player
End

It won't save at all (on the geck)

Thanks in advance.

You don't need FNVEdit for this kind of thing at all.

Did you make your container reference persistent and give it the same editor ID that you use in the script? You most likely forgot or messed up one of these if your script still won't save after removing the parantheses.

Okay I've forgot to add a Reference Editor ID for the container, now my script is working and it looks like this:

ScriptName BankMenuScript
Begin OnEquip
PersonalBankRef.Activate Player
End
'' BankMenuScript '' is the Editor ID of the script.
'' PersonalBankRef '' is the Reference Editor ID added to the container called '' PersonalBankCont ''.
But when I'm clicking on the container it won't open, I'll try to see if i didn't forgot anything, if you think you know what would the problem, I'd be glad to hear it, while waiting I will try to see if i didn't forgot anything.
Thanks in advance.
Edit: I think i forgot to do something with the terminal, maybe I forgot something, also do I need to add the script to the container, book and the terminal?
Edit #2: I've added a terminal with the cont (In QAWorldOrigin), I've used the console command '' coc '' to get there, I can open the container and when I use the terminal directly I can see to open the bank (container) but it doesn't work so I have 2 problems, when I click on the book (to open the bank) it won't do anything plus also when accessing the terminal directly, I can see '' Welcome, would you like to store or get something on your bank? '' and I have a choice which is '' bank '', thanks in advance again.
Edited by FrankSalvatore

Okay, now I can open the container with my book but it's not how i want it, Instead of opening the terminal it directly open the container, also when I open the container via the terminal It won't open it at all.

Edit: Also It won't open in the fallout 3 world so I guess the DLC's too, it will only open in the '' QAworldOrigin ''.

By the way, I'm making this for fallout 3 and New Vegas but right now i'm working on the Fallout 3 one so that's why '' QAworldOrigin ''.

Edit #2: Now when I open the terminal directly and click on '' bank '' it just close it doing nothing else.

Edited by FrankSalvatore