FOOK2 causing crash on startup

Valgaror

I recently had a hard drive fail, so after putting in the new drive I was reinstalling FO3 and mods from fresh. And I'm having problems getting fook2 to work. I'm getting a crash on startup every time, and I have narrowed it down to fook - the game starts without it, and enabling it causes it to crash. And I'm not really sure where to start with fixing it because it was one of the first mods I attempted to install, so.. it seems like there's not really anything else it could be conflicting with. Here's my load order:

GameMode=Fallout3

Fallout3.esm=1
Anchorage.esm=1
ThePitt.esm=1
BrokenSteel.esm=1
PointLookout.esm=1
Zeta.esm=1
Unofficial Fallout 3 Patch.esm=1
CALIBR.esm=1
FOOK2 - Main.ESM=1
FOOK2 - [DIK] DLC Improvement Kit.ESM=1
DarNifiedUIF3.esp=1
FOOK2 - Main.esp=1
FOOK2 - [DIK] DLC Improvement Kit.esp=1
FOOK2 - Main [Hotfix].esp=1
FOOK2 - DIK [Hotfix].esp=1

I'm using NMM, the steam version of FO3, and I've got 64 bit windows 7. Besides this I've also installed FOSE and the large address aware enabler. I've tried downloading the mod through the manager and downloading and installing it manually, and both has the same result, crash to desktop before the game can start. And, like I said, it starts up no problem without fook enabled. So I'm kind of stumped, I'd appreciate any assistance.

DUI a11 "main\prefabs\darn\hudtemplates.xml" references "<include src="HotKeys.xml" />" which is located in the "Fallout - Misc.bsa" as "menus\prefabs\hotkeys.xml".

DUI a11.1 hotfix and FOOK2's "main\prefabs\darn\hudtemplates.xml" references "<include src="darn\HotKeys.xml" />" which is located as "menus\prefabs\darn\hotkeys.xml" when installed by the DUI a11.1 hotfix.

Reinstalling DUI a11, DUI a11.1 hotfix, and then the FOOK2 Main archive should fix that missing XML include issue.

1) install every mod you are going to use

2) run loot

3) run FOMM and correct load order and double check for missing dependencies in the archive and data tabs

4) run FO3Edit and verify load order

DUI a11 "main\prefabs\darn\hudtemplates.xml" references "<include src="HotKeys.xml" />" which is located in the "Fallout - Misc.bsa" as "menus\prefabs\hotkeys.xml".

DUI a11.1 hotfix and FOOK2's "main\prefabs\darn\hudtemplates.xml" references "<include src="darn\HotKeys.xml" />" which is located as "menus\prefabs\darn\hotkeys.xml" when installed by the DUI a11.1 hotfix.

Reinstalling DUI a11, DUI a11.1 hotfix, and then the FOOK2 Main archive should fix that missing XML include issue.

Awesome, this is exactly what fixed it. Thank you!

• 3 months later...
  • 3 months later...