Fallout 3 GoTY Edition Black Pipboy Screen. . Help?

Morgwynn

I re-downloaded Fallout 3 GoTY from steam again only now when I play the Pipboy 3000 screen is black, I run my mouse over the world map and I can hear the beeping noises but can't see a darned thing. I spent over an hour searching the nexus and looking on youtube for fixes but almost nobody experiences this glitch. Does anyone know how to fix this problem?

I've deleted the game twice and reuploaded each time and I still get the same problem, I'm beginning to think it might be a problem with my AMD graphics card but I don't know how to tell for sure. I recently turned my laptop back to factory settings and I'm thinking it messed up my video settings so I'm experiencing this glitch. I mean before I turned my computer back to factory settings I had 50-60 mods running and I was getting between 24-26 FPS out of my computer which isn't bad for my laptop. I did have some CTD because of overheating because my laptop cooling pad broke down.

I also notice that computer screens are black as well when I try to hack a computer terminal so not only is my pipboy screen black but the computer terminals are black as well. and with my pipboy screen black I don't have any idea how much I'm carrying and after 5 minutes of game play I become encumbered and since I cant see what is in my inventory I have no idea what I would be throwing out.

This is hopeless I have spent 3 days searching the internet for a solution to the whole blank/black pipboy/terminal screen glitch. I have deleted the game and reinstalled it twice and that never solves anything. I've looked for bug fixes on the nexus and none exist. Nobody seems to have an answer for what's causing it let alone how to fix it.

I downloaded Fraps to take a screenshot of the problem and when I hit Tab to bring up the Pipboy everything was working again. I don't know if this will work all of the time but i'll check and see over the next couple days.