You are all beautiful, and I'm most likely an idiot, what is conflicting in my Mods

tewalker

Hello my people, I am getting CTD's outside certain areas and cannot. for. the. life. of. me. fix. this. crap.

I'm going a little insane and it hurts, I just want to play Skyrim with my happy mods.

First I use Loot. Then I used that one program that optimizes all of your textures. Then I used TESV Edit, followed all of Gopher's instructions to clean my mods and my masters. I then made a merged patch (making sure to delete the leveled lists out of it). I then made a Bash Patch. Used loot again to sort everything.

For the most part my game works. Except outside certain places (the exit to Bleak Falls Barrow for instance, Also I can't start a new game due to crazy carriage but I saved right before character creation so whatever). But I need to go to those certain areas that cannot. Its really annoying and I'm hoping one of yall can tellme why I'm an idiot and what I need to do to fix and get my game running correct. This is the loot sorting... I just want to fix whatever it is that I need to fix, please someone help me, I will give you my middle child and a goat as dowry.

Be it said I've tried to troubleshoot everything I've looked at all the mods and they should play nice according to the readme's unless I'm missing something horrendous.

• Skyrim.esm
  • Update.esm
  • Unofficial Skyrim Patch.esp
  • Dawnguard.esm
  • Unofficial Dawnguard Patch.esp
  • HearthFires.esm
  • Unofficial Hearthfire Patch.esp
  • Dragonborn.esm
  • Unofficial Dragonborn Patch.esp
  • ApachiiHair.esm
  • RSkyrimChildren.esm
  • ClimatesOfTamriel.esm
  • Schlongs of Skyrim - Core.esm
  • SexLab.esm
  • SPERG.esm
  • SkyUI.esp
  • AMB Glass Variants Lore.esp
  • Better Dynamic Snow.esp
  • Auto Unequip Ammo.esp
  • ClimatesOfTamriel-Dragonborn-Patch.esp
  • ClimatesOfTamriel-Nights-Level-2.esp
  • RaceMenuPlugin.esp
  • Hothtrooper44_Armor_Ecksstra.esp
  • AzarHairPonyTail 03 - Havok.esp
  • dD - Realistic Ragdoll Force - Realistic.esp
  • SPERG-DG.esp
  • WetandCold.esp
  • Differently Ebony.esp
  • EnhancedLightsandFX.esp
  • ELFX - Exteriors.esp
  • 3DNPC.esp
  • FCO - Follower Commentary Overhaul.esp
  • HARODATH_ImmersiveSoulgems.esp
  • HDT Female Hairstyles.esp
  • Kawaii Face Presets.esp
  • Chesko_WearableLantern.esp
  • SOS - VectorPlexus Muscular Addon.esp
  • HelmetToggle2.02b.esp
  • SMIM-DragonbornTernFix.esp
  • RSChildren - Complete.esp
  • FreckleMania.esp
  • Skyrim Immersive Creatures.esp
  • Rebirth Monster.esp
  • ethereal_elven_overhaul.esp
  • ELFXEnhancer.esp
  • ClimatesOfTamriel-Dungeons-Hazardous.esp
  • Undeath.esp
  • Meara_follower.esp
  • No More Glowing Edges.esp
  • RaceMenu.esp
  • Rebirth Monster - SIC Patch.esp
  • Resplendent - The Races Package.esp
  • Resplendent - EEO Compatibility Patch.esp
  • RSChildren_PatchUSKP.esp
  • dD - Enhanced Blood Main.esp
  • SMIM-DungeonsCliffsIceSkirts.esp
  • SOS - VectorPlexus Regular Addon.esp
  • SMIM-FurnitureChestSnowFix.esp
  • SOS - Smurf Average Addon.esp
  • ClimatesOfTamriel-Interiors-Cold.esp
  • WATER.esp
  • SoS - The Wilds.esp
  • Civil War Overhaul.esp
  • DeadlyDragons.esp
  • GDZZJJDH.esp
  • Skyrim Immersive Creatures - DLC2.esp
  • Hebrock_Der Schatten von Meresis - EV.esp
  • Hothtrooper44_ArmorCompilation.esp
  • Bee_V.esp
  • WATER DB Waves.esp
  • Inconsequential NPCs.esp
  • BohanFollower.esp
  • Heimfeigr.esp
  • Run For Your Lives.esp
  • Cloaks.esp
  • quest_thebiggertheyare.esp
  • maleskirts.esp
  • quest_nomercy.esp
  • Skyrim Better Roads - All In One - Merged.esp
  • Immersive Patrols II.esp
  • tos_laintardale_hf.esp
  • SFO - Dragonborn.esp
  • quest_seaofghosts.esp
  • SMIM-FarmhouseFlickeringFix.esp
  • SoS - The Wilds-PatchCoT.esp
  • SPERG-DB.esp
  • SPERG.esp
  • Supreme Fog - CoT.esp
  • The Dance of Death - Ultimate Edition.esp
  • TheEyesOfBeauty.esp
  • TKDodge.esp
  • tos_oakwood_hf.esp
  • SMIM-ShackRoofFixes.esp
  • Nuvanja.esp
  • Inigo.esp
  • AmazingFollowerTweaks.esp
  • Immersive Weapons.esp
  • aMidianborn_Skyforge_Weapons.esp
  • Schlongs of Skyrim.esp
  • tos_amber_guard.esp
  • Skyrim Flora Overhaul.esp
  • SMIM-ShackRoofFixesDragonborn.esp
  • tos_granitehall.esp
  • quest_pitfighter.esp
  • Xidix Follower.esp
  • quest_sorcery.esp
  • WorldEaterBeater.esp
  • SofiaFollower.esp
  • quest_andtherealmsofdaedra.esp
  • WIZARD.esp
  • Bonapart Classic.esp
  • Bonapart Summon.esp
  • CompanionArissa.esp
  • TESV MERGE.esp
  • SC_KhajiitMorphs.esp
  • SpousesEnhanced.esp
  • UltimateCombat.esp
  • WATER DG.esp
  • WATER Plants.esp
  • The Paarthurnax Dilemma.esp
  • MzarkWonders.esp
  • PP_OgmundsTomb.esp
  • Ritual Armor of Boethiah.esp
  • Apocalypse - The Spell Package.esp
  • IMAGINATOR - Visual Control for Skyrim.esp
  • quest_pitfighter_dlc01.esp
  • IMAGINATOR - MCMenu.esp
  • Knight Of Thorns Armor.esp
  • Apocalypse - SPERG Compatibility Patch.esp
  • Medusa and Drakul Armors.esp
  • Bashed Patch, 0.esp

Hmmmm, alright so would it be incorrect for me to assume that you're installing and uninstalling various mods, AND still using that same save file? Might be worth doing a double dose of cleaning on it. First cleaning the scripts, and second, cleaning everything else, that way its a truely clean start, with no leftover scripts from other load orders.

Cleaning A Save FIle:

1) Save game script cleaner

2) SKYRIM Save Cleaner

Once you can rule out the save game file itself being in conflict with something that is either in it, or no longer in it, and being referenced, thus causing a CTD, then you can get down to the tedious work of hand selecting each mod one by one to figure out which is your culprit. (It sucks, I know, but its best method.)

Also, that BleakFallsBarrows CTD you're talking about. Does it crash as you attempt to enter? And are able to confirm it crashing in just that first room by using a console cheat (coc BleakFallsBarrows01) but have it NOT CTD when you use the console cheat to teleport to the second room of that zone? (coc BleakFallsBarrows02)

Curious to see what you're able to do with the console teleport cheat.

Hmmmm, alright so would it be incorrect for me to assume that you're installing and uninstalling various mods, AND still using that same save file? Might be worth doing a double dose of cleaning on it. First cleaning the scripts, and second, cleaning everything else, that way its a truely clean start, with no leftover scripts from other load orders.

Cleaning A Save FIle:

2) SKYRIM Save Cleaner

Once you can rule out the save game file itself being in conflict with something that is either in it, or no longer in it, and being referenced, thus causing a CTD, then you can get down to the tedious work of hand selecting each mod one by one to figure out which is your culprit. (It sucks, I know, but its best method.)

Also, that BleakFallsBarrows CTD you're talking about. Does it crash as you attempt to enter? And are able to confirm it crashing in just that first room by using a console cheat (coc BleakFallsBarrows01) but have it NOT CTD when you use the console cheat to teleport to the second room of that zone? (coc BleakFallsBarrows02)

Its actually just after Bleak falls Barrow, I exit the barrow and as soon as I start heading down the mountain to the river CTD, I also tried to teleport riverwood and approach that same area but still crash and sadness. Thank you for the cleaners though I am applying them now and will post the results.

Do you think I'm hitting the 3.1gb limit? I have a lot of 2k textures but they are all optimized and it is only in specific locations.

you said...."the exit to Bleak Falls Barrow for instance".....

IF you are talking at the very end you exit and are on the ledge......I had a constant crash there...SIC. or a bad Spawn...I could turn till i could see the water...walk toward it and about half way to the water it would CTD.

FIX....I used the "Cell Respawn" feature from SIC (Skyrim Immersive Creatures) i will link the instructions that i used to do this. It worked. After the procedure i walked that same place and a wild BOAR attacked me.. :smile:

Good luck....

Edited by camaro_69_327

Cleaning A Save FIle:

2) SKYRIM Save Cleaner

Just cleaned the scripts and loaded into the game, crashes at same place... Sad day...

Do a complete fresh cell reset like camero_69_237 suggested as per his instructions. That same trick has helped me as well in the past. Best to do it BEFORE you exit into the open space, as you never want to really do that stuff in an openworld environment.

you said...."the exit to Bleak Falls Barrow for instance".....

IF you are talking at the very end you exit and are on the ledge......I had a constant crash there...SIC. or a bad Spawn...I could turn till i could see the water...walk toward it and about half way to the water it would CTD.

FIX....I used the "Cell Respawn" feature from SIC (Skyrim Immersive Creatures) i will link the instructions that i used to do this. It worked. After the procedure i walked that same place and a BOAR attacked me.. :smile:

Good luck....

Thank you for the post friend, sadly this did not fix it, I was hopeful but alas

Alright then, now for the tedious no-so-fun part of solving your problem. Uninstalling non-essential mods to see which one is breaking your game. Have you been using Sounds of Skyrim long? I stopped using it some time back because it was reaping havoc on my save games. I suggest uninstalling everything that is not 100% absolutely essential. Then cleaning your save game using the same methods listed above, or better yet, using a new save game altogether and using the console cheat to teleport you back to that same room to see if the crash occurs.

Once you're at a bare bones game. Start installing mods one at a time, or if you can absolutely not stand to do it one by one, do it in small bunches of 1-3 mods, but no more than that, and when you find the culprit, dial it in further, and then dissect why exactly that mod is doing what it's doing.

Save any and all script intensive mods until the end to install them. Mods like Sounds of Skyrim are notorious game breakers.

Also, you mentioned that you optimized everything... that's a bad move because what if it were already optimized and you ran it through the Optimizer program twice? What if certain mods require UN-optimized files such as SFO (which I've noticed in your load order). I'm not saying that this is what broke your game, but you should get into the habit of never optimizing a mod until you've received a reply back from the mod author stating explicitly that it has not already been Optimized.

Alright then, now for the tedious no-so-fun part of solving your problem. Uninstalling non-essential mods to see which one is breaking your game. Have you been using Sounds of Skyrim long? I stopped using it some time back because it was reaping havoc on my save games. I suggest uninstalling everything that is not 100% absolutely essential. Then cleaning your save game using the same methods listed above, or better yet, using a new save game altogether and using the console cheat to teleport you back to that same room to see if the crash occurs.

Once you're at a bare bones game. Start installing mods one at a time, or if you can absolutely not stand to do it one by one, do it in small bunches of 1-3 mods, but no more than that, and when you find the culprit, dial it in further, and then dissect why exactly that mod is doing what it's doing.

Save any and all script intensive mods until the end to install them. Mods like Sounds of Skyrim are notorious game breakers.

Also, you mentioned that you optimized everything... that's a bad move because what if it were already optimized and you ran it through the Optimizer program twice? What if certain mods require UN-optimized files such as SFO (which I've noticed in your load order). I'm not saying that this is what broke your game, but you should get into the habit of never optimizing a mod until you've received a reply back from the mod author stating explicitly that it has not already been Optimized.

KK thank you for the responses, I'll try undoing SOS (lol) if the other doesn't work out first. And the only ones i've optimized are the texture mods, is this bad?

Do a complete fresh cell reset like camero_69_237 suggested as per his instructions. That same trick has helped me as well in the past. Best to do it BEFORE you exit into the open space, as you never want to really do that stuff in an openworld environment.

Tried this once and I didn't get it to work, should be noted that it affects all of my save games and not just this one, will continue to finagle

And the only ones i've optimized are the texture mods, is this bad?

It's bad regardless of what type of mod it is IF it's already been optimized. You don't want to optimize something that is already optimized. I would check with each of your mod pages and review whether or not they have been optimized, and potentially make a comment on the post section asking if they've been already optimized or not.