Fallout 3 won't stop crashing

Flatchester

I have been really patient with Fallout 3 over the past several years, but I feel no matter how many fixes I try to apply the game will continue to crash no matter what I try. The recent string of crashes that have been happening out in the wasteland where I usually am exploring, random intervals occuring between 10min and 1 hour. I have modified the ini, used the Large Address Aware, gotten the Intel Bypass package, set up windows basic, kept the program to run on Windows xp service pack 2 and the game will still keep crashing.

I'm not sure if there is anything else I can do that may stop these crashes occuring, unless there is something I'm just missing . . .

Microsoft Windows 7 64-bit SP1 Intel Core 2 Quad CPU @ 2.66 GHz 8 GB RAM NVIDIA Geforce 9800 GT

Fallout3.esm
Anchorage.esm
ThePitt.esm
BrokenSteel.esm
PointLookout.esm
Zeta.esm
Unofficial Fallout 3 Patch.esm
HairPack.esm
CRAFT.esm
CALIBR.esm
Vault 101 Revisited.esm
Mothership Crew.esm
TSC Expansion.esm
TSC Air Support.esm
FO3 Wanderers Edition - Main File.esm
Mart's Mutant Mod.esm
DCInteriors_ComboEdition.esm
Abbreviated Effects.esm
DarNifiedUIF3.esp
DynamicCrosshair.esp
hair_add_npc.esp
CASM.esp
Feng Shui.esp
Feng Shui - Keymap Template.esp
GNR Enhanced.esp
DTOMRC3.esp
Enhanced Tenpenny Suite.esp
CanterburyCommonsInteriors.esp
FO3 Wanderers Edition - Main File.esp
FO3 Wanderers Edition - DLC Anchorage.esp
FO3 Wanderers Edition - DLC The Pitt.esp
FO3 Wanderers Edition - DLC Broken Steel.esp
FO3 Wanderers Edition - DLC Point Lookout.esp
FO3 Wanderers Edition - DLC Mothership Zeta.esp
FO3 Wanderers Edition - Followers Enhanced (BrokenSteel).esp
FO3 Wanderers Edition - Optional VATS Realtime.esp
FO3 Wanderers Edition - Optional Restore Tracers (automatics only).esp
PowerOfTheAtom_FOOKandFWE.esp
Mart's Mutant Mod.esp
Mart's Mutant Mod - DLC Anchorage.esp
Mart's Mutant Mod - DLC The Pitt.esp
Mart's Mutant Mod - DLC Broken Steel.esp
Mart's Mutant Mod - DLC Point Lookout.esp
Mart's Mutant Mod - DLC Zeta.esp
Mart's Mutant Mod - Master Menu Module.esp
Sydney Follower.esp
F3UmpaAnimation.esp
The Groovatron.esp
The Groovatron_DLC_Anch_Addon.esp
The Groovatron_DLC_Pitt_Addon.esp
The Groovatron_DLC_PL_Addon.esp
Flora Overhaul.esp
DC Moods.esp
The Pitt Moods.esp
PointLookout Moods.esp
TSC Air Support.esp
Mothership Crew Clothing addon.esp
tscvendingmachine.esp
FWE_ZC_CompatibilityFoodPatch.esp
LNC StealthSuit.esp
QToadletVaultsuit.esp
FallenBrothersArmor.esp
AshurT51b.esp
CommonHouseBeds.esp
PointLookoutNoTravelTime.esp
Sydney Follower - Load Order Fix.esp
Blackened FWE + MMM.esp
Ross.esp

Run all your plugins through FO3Edit until you encounter a fatal error and the scan stops, then look at the Mod above the fatal error and that is usually the one that is causing your game to crash. You could remove that Mod or try and change it's position in the load order and run the plugins through FO3Edit again and see if that helped and if it didn't have any effect then I recommend removing the mod and running the load order through FO3Edit again and see if the scan completes. If the scan completes without an error message try launching the game again and see if it plays. Also I recommend getting LOOT to scan your load order and make changes before going through the whole FO3Edit process because you might get lucky and have a Mod out of order that is causing the crash and LOOT should fix that.

Played it again, and it crashed in just a few minutes, and then in less than an hour. I can't take this, I'm really thinking of just uninstalling win 7 and getting an xp because my GOTY is a real piece of work.

Edited by Flatchester

The Intel HD bypass package does absolutely nothing for your system. It was designed to bypass the shader check in the game and allow it to run on a substandard graphics chip.

I have to ask, have you ever had the game running without mods?

If so, you should disable all your mods and then add them back in one group at a time until the problem happens again. Then you will know what is causing the problem.

Since you don't state the install path, it could be that you have it in "Program FIles" and that is causing the problems.

I'm still getting the same issue with the crashing, so I'm going to remove a bunch of mods and just try the game with Fallout 3, the DLC's, UUFP (updated unofficial fallout 3 patch), FWE, MMM, Project Reality, Enhanced Tenpenny Suite, Dtoms Rivet City Apartment, Stealthsuit, V101 Revisited, GNR Enhanced, Mothership Zeta Crew, DC Interiors and Groovatron.