Projects in my free time?

Mattiewagg

So right now I'm working on my WIP Immersive Quests. However, every time I finish a quest I release it in the WIP thread for testing and feedback. The next time that happens won't be a little while since my computer broke and right now I'm only able to use this one for 2 hours.

But when I have those extra times, I generally bugfix my current mods and make new ones. Last time I made Simple Taxes. Pretty quick, updated it a few times, within 2-3 days (the testing period).

So next time, I'd like feedback on what I should make next. Nothing huge since I'll only have 2-4 days depending (most likely 3 or 4 in this case, it's a little longer). So what should I do? Here's my thoughts:

Class System - A very simple message box oriented class system. There is another overhaul out there to do this and more so I probably won't do this unless you guys want me to.

Detect Items - A simple lesser ability that will allow you to detect all items over a customizable value (or value:weight ratio).

Don't really got any more ideas...

I'm liking the second one but if you've got more ideas that would be great. Nothing too big though - keep it simple.

I could use an alternate start mod that uses all vanilla content and loads you into a mod testing area with some nice rooms to test out current mod Im working on.

Id actually rather you work on your current project though lol, just read about it and it sounds great!

Sounds useful. I'll add that to the list when I get home.

And I'm not abandoning IQ AT ALL. When I have testing periods between quest testing, I have free time so I make a mod or two. Definitely still working on IQ.

And I'm not abandoning IQ AT ALL. When I have testing periods between quest testing, I have free time so I make a mod or two. Definitely still working on IQ.

Good! Sounds like it will be a great mod everyone would want to have!

As for small project ideas, there is still that thing I was trying to do with reducing the number of magic users in Skyrim. I know it is not something a ton of people would be interested in, but I couldn't figure out the batch commands so I won't be making it any time soon. As part of this, I also wanted to remove enchanting altars from places that are for normal Skyrim folk, like the one in the Winterhold market.

Also, there was a mod that shrunk potions down to vial size, I liked that but I think it is gone.

I'd also like a mod that gives more organic names to potions, and maybe to the alchemy effects as well.

There are probably also a bunch of ideas in the mod requests area.

Also, an idea for IQ, there could be a loan shark quest. Guy that owes septims, guy that lends septims and guy that collects debts. Talk to guy that owes first and you try to resolve his issue and decide who you think is telling the truth. Talk to the guy that lends first and you end up in the guy that owes position or in the guy that collects debts position. Just a concept that could use a bit more creativity, but I was interested in something like this a while back so my new Requiem characters could get enough money to train to a level that allowed them to finish quests.