CTD on save!

DreadedKat

• 2 months later...

Quicksave CTD is only from Heavy loaded game,not from mods and then game dont save correctly.You need set uGrids to 5 (Skyrim.ini).

Example:

[General]
sLanguage=ENGLISH
uGridsToLoad=5
uExterior Cell Buffer=36
bPreemptivelyUnloadCells=0
iPreloadSizeLimit= 4194304000
bUseHardDriveCache=0
bUseBackgroundFileLoader=1
bSelectivePurgeUnusedOnFastTravel=1
uStaticNeverFade=1
iPostProcessMillisecondsLoadingQueuedPriority=5
bForceFullLOD=1

Would you believe that this actually worked?! I just pasted that under the General section in the Skyrim.ini file and it worked.

After spending half an hour fiddling with save file cleaners and stuff with zero effect, I try this and BAM, skyrim no longer explodes when I quicksave!

• 2 months later...

Going from a 7 grid back to a 5 grid can't just be pasted and considered fixed.

There are a few more steps to take to get yourself back to 5 grid.

1. Load your save and then with the game running get to your desktop either by alt-tab or ctrl-alt-delete and find your Skyrim.ini.
2. Make sure the ini isn't read-only and change the ugrids to whatever odd number lower value you want (default 5)
3. Save the ini and go back to the game
4. Open the console by typing "~" (tilde), the key left of the 1 key. Then type "refreshini" (without quotes). Hit enter and type ~ to exit the console.
5. Save your game, exit, and restart with that save. That's it!

• 1 month later...

I just had this problem and with mod organizer it took me literally seconds to fix. I just selected the saves tab, found the save file that wasn't working (Crashing on any form of save), after I right clicked on the save file and selected fix mods. After It gave me a list of mods which I was missing but was required and I just installed the mod I needed and now it works. Best of luck all.

**edited grammar**

Edited by havek66

• 3 weeks later...

I just had this problem and with mod organizer it took me literally seconds to fix. I just selected the saves tab, found the save file that wasn't working (Crashing on any form of save), after I right clicked on the save file and selected fix mods. After It gave me a list of mods which I was missing but was required and I just installed the mod I needed and now it works. Best of luck all.

**edited grammar**

You are my hero man, i was almost losing it because i couldn't find a solution. I had a problem with racemenu where even when i installed it with NMM, the wrong esp's were installed, Mod Organizer's magic saved the day.

Edited by CubeGamer6

• 4 months later...

I know this thread is dead but this might help someone. Nothing I found here or elsewhere helped me, so I went to NMM and put them in order of install date. I started disabling or removing the more recent mods until I realized that this had started happening after I had re-installed CBBE! Everything else had failed to stop my game from crashing every time I tried to save, but disabling CBBE WORKED!

As for why, I do not know. This gives me a problem because so many of my follower mods need CBBE, as well as other mods...I've always used CBBE. I recently removed CBBE and re-installed it. For whatever reason, I cannot currently use CBBE without this problem resulting.

Edit: It was BODYSLIDE! I experimented with it and had problems. I remember why I re-installed CBBE now. It was because I had accidentally hit 'save' (ironically) on a CBBE body type and THIS seemed to mess everything up! Getting rid of the the mod (Bodyslide And Outfit Studio) did not fix the problem! Obviously, nor did re-installing CBBE! sigh......

Edited by Neurolanis