Civil War is Over, whats now?

masle

I think Bathesda chose who the good guys and bad guys are because (Spoilers) If you side with the Empire and you kill Ulfric He will be in Shor's Hall where honored heroes go when they die but if you side with the Stormcloak's and kill Legate Rikke she will tell you that she cannot find the Hall because the Empire has killed so many on both sides.

I think Bathesda chose who the good guys and bad guys are because (Spoilers) If you side with the Empire and you kill Ulfric He will be in Shor's Hall where honored heroes go when they die but if you side with the Stormcloak's and kill Legate Rikke she will tell you that she cannot find the Hall because the Empire has killed so many on both sides.

Actually, I'm pretty sure that's not toi important. My characters are pretty much free-lance assassins (as in doing whatever and killing whatever) but you're still the good guy!

So it really just means that the Empire was TOO kill-crazy.

And also, this is a discussion about a mod request, but whatever! I think your idea is still cool!

I completely agree - I'm shocked that both Bethesda and the modding community hasn't offered anything to show some kind of continuation to or at least better ending to the Civil War quest. I've considered ideas for how to add content to the quest, and while a war with the Thalmore makes perfect sense there are some other options available that might be a little more doable. I'm not sure how it would work for the Imperial side, but I did come up with a concept for a second half of the Stormcloak campaign if you sided with them.

1. While doing the main quest mission Diplomatic Immunity: http://www.uesp.net/wiki/Skyrim:Diplomatic_Immunity You should get an additional quest marker pointing you to the Thalmore dossier on Ulfric Stormcloak. Once you have picked up the dossier, it becomes a quest item and you can not take it out of your inventory. If you have sided with the Stormcloaks, a mission will activate sending you to confront Ulfric with the evidence that he had and may still be a Thalmore agent (Ulfric, I personally believe, was manipulated into believing he had given up critical information during the war and had never truly been a loyal asset to the Elves. However, that doesn't mean he wouldn't move heaven and earth to bury any evidence that accused him of it). If you haven't joined the Stormcloaks yet the dossier remains in your inventory and the mission starts when you successfully pass Galmar's test and take the oath.
  2. When you confront Ulfric he gives a quick version of his side of what happened during the war and brushes aside your accusation saying current event's are far too important to be distracted by any Elf scribblings. He then demands you hand over the dossier. You end the discussion by saying that you will continue to fight loyally, but at the slightest sign that Ulfric plans to betray Skyrim to the Thalmore you will expose his past and kill him.
  3. At the end of the Civil War quest you are called before Ulfric. He sends you out to all the imperial camps in skyrim (they should be repopulated so as to give you something to kill) to vanquish the last of the Empire's presence in the land. Upon killing the last of the Imperials at whichever camp you clean out last, a group of Stormcloaks attempt to assassinate you. On their leader you discover a note signed by Ulfric declaring you a traitor and ordering your death.

A similar twist of fate I'm sure could be arranged for the Imperial campaign, I just haven't played it enough to think of a scenario off the top of my head.

There really doesn't need to be a massive game shattering overhaul to make a continuation of the civil war, even just heavy political intrigue would be great. Bring a Game of Thrones element to whichever faction wins. Whatever option is taken I'd definitely love to see something done to make the Civil War quest deeper and more drawn out

Huh? She doesn't make any mention of that when you encounter her in Sovngarde.. she is simply lost because of Alduins mist and will find her way just fine once he is defeated, just like Ulfric by the way.

Very interesting idea Ralin Drakus. In the German version is told that he were released, in a way that he thinks he exempt himself. They planed to get back to Skyrim and they have known that he will start fight against any kind of thalmor( or their ally). So he will start fight against the Imperials. It is also written that the situation of war is good and every effort has to be done to keep the war runnig, so the Nords will kill themself. It is unimportant for the Thalmor wich side wins, they only want to keep the war running, if Ulfric is a real agent of the thalmor he wouldn´t try to win this war!

Your idea is very interesting and it seams that you´re a good (kindof) storyteller, if youre interestet to help me to make a story after the civil war contact me!