GECK unable to load CTL

ReaverMyst

Hey, I wanted to make my own mods using the GECK, but every time I open it I get a message saying that it's unable to load CTL and then something about stars.. I really want to know how to fix this and I heard that someone was able to fix it by going into the GECK.ini file(Where ever that is >->) and added a couple lines. I want to know where I can find my GECK.ini file, since it's not in my fallout 3 directory, and I want to know what lines I need to add in there to fix this issue. The major issue with this is that I can't load any 3d models and I get a CTD whenever I try to.

I know that my computer meets hardware specs, so there is actually no need for me to add my specs. I know for a fact that it's not a hardware issue...

Hey, I wanted to make my own mods using the GECK, but every time I open it I get a message saying that it's unable to load CTL and then something about stars.. I really want to know how to fix this and I heard that someone was able to fix it by going into the GECK.ini file(Where ever that is >->) and added a couple lines. I want to know where I can find my GECK.ini file, since it's not in my fallout 3 directory, and I want to know what lines I need to add in there to fix this issue. The major issue with this is that I can't load any 3d models and I get a CTD whenever I try to.

I know that my computer meets hardware specs, so there is actually no need for me to add my specs. I know for a fact that it's not a hardware issue...

Sounds like GECK wasn't installed to the same location as the game.

Sounds like GECK wasn't installed to the same location as the game. every time I reinstall the software I get the same error

Well that's the problem, it is installed to the same directory in the same folder as the game.

• 5 years later...
  • 4 years later...