Padomaic Abyss: An 8 month project

kibblesticks

Well hell ya if you can ask by all means :)

Bit of a dry spell but it was needed, havent really opened the CK except for testing the last two months and helping people as I write and storyboard and try to get a little bit better organized cause the first 9 months were kind of a whirlwind of crazy, getting a breather helps but at the moment I am itchy as all hell to get back to work and just holding myself back till after christmas because I know how that will work out if I start now rofl

• Replies 82
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Could anyone help me with this? I want to animate the emmissive map for a plant mesh made from flat planes. Using a BSLightingShaderPropertyFloatController I've managed to get the texture scrolling along the mesh plane. Problem is I only want the emmissive to scroll, not the entire texture set (normal, diffuse, etc..). Is there a flag for making the controller only effect the emmissive map? Or another way to do this?

http://i.imgur.com/B5kmeuQ.jpg

https://vimeo.com/114919573

manganfinn, Thanks :smile: The 'kraken' is Zir's symbol, like Nocturnal and ravens or Hircine and wolves.

Actually when I was thinking about it you may be right, I think I was animating something else, try running a test, take a flat plane, add all the texture maps and change the target variable number 1 at a time and test in game etc, maybe, it's how I would approach the problem, time consuming but you may find the answer

90% of what I have learned from this crap is mostly trial and error, so ya :P

And my perspective is usually WAY off kilter and has actually been one of the things that has helped the most, my upbringing and job of choice happens to be trim carpenter, which means I end up fixing everyones mistakes by the time it gets to me so I approach things sideways lol, why I don't listen at all when someone tells me something 'can't' be done. Let me know where you get with it, I am really not planning on cracking the CK open again till early Jan, but I can definitely take a look again at those, even if its a matter of making the entire texture maps animated and using 2 diff meshes and texture files, one mesh .1% bigger with a opacity map and the emmissive and all textures moving and the other static to give the illusion of a solid object with pulsing or otherwise emmisive

Also something that might help others and I really should have done it, if you can determine as you test what each target variable affects and post it, that would be helpful :), some will most likely be undetermined but any information is good information

• 4 weeks later...

So it feels like forever since my last update; had a dissertation to write, showreels to put together, and this big ol'preproduction document to produce but finally I'm back to focusing solely on Padomaic Abyss.

To make up for the lull over the Christmas break, here's the pre-production portfolio for your viewing pleasure. It shows the development process from story to fully realised 3D experience, and has lots of lovely artwork too.

Padomaic Abyss Pre-Production Portfolio

http://i.imgur.com/xQ25neC.jpg

Enjoy!