Unacceptable Language

ThetaOrionis01

Given certain circumstances going on in peoples lives, thresholds could be at certain times lower than others. :P Yesterday wasn't a fantastic day for me and having a 104 degree fever didn't help much. :rolleyes: So if I acted out of line please forgive me, I hope this kind of thing can be prevented in the future. :)

• Replies 53
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

What CAN be avoided imo and does the same good is keeping debates well on same track (f.e. the universe topic), not going off topic and making the "religion v.s. science" the main issue at hand and not the topic issue.

How can a topic called 'The Universe' EVER go off-topic?

And I agree that a sense of civility is REQUIRED to have a good debate. If you have to resort to name-calling and insults, you've already lost the argument anyway, and only make yourself look immature and foolish.

and having a 104 degree fever didn't help much.

Is that a lot, because we here don´t use farenheit, we use celsius instead... :)

I´m sorry too, I shouldn´t have replied, by doing so I ruined the topic and Theta needed

to lock the topic.

I´m only happy we´ve solved this incident in a civilized manner. :)

Yeah 104 is high for a fever. It's borderline life-threatening if it stays that elevated for very long. Sometimes people say and do weird things when they're feverish, I get delusional if I run a very high fever. I just hope we can all get along from here on out, since there are some very intelligent people on these boards who I have immense fun trading ideas with.

and having a 104 degree fever didn't help much.

Is that a lot, because we here don´t use farenheit, we use celsius instead... :)

Fahrenheit to Centigrade: C = (5/9) * (F - 32)

104 F = 40 C

Centigrade to Fahrenheit: F = 32 + (9/5) * C

Check out -40 for each of them. B)

You can always derive these if you remember 0 C = 32 F and 100 C = 212 F, the freezing and boiling points of water. (Use the two-point formula for the equation of a line for the derivations.)

Good point about the fever, makes you see things in a different light.

It is perhaps worth noting that I was reading one thread the other day and someone had said something and then noted that they where drunk (or had been up all night or something) and they apologised for any offence. This casued me to read the post in a whole different light and maybe be more forgiving. Worth thinking about putting something like that in posts, it will change how we see the posts people put, not too much detail mind, but enough so we unbderstand if its been a bad day/3 in the morning/ too much coffee etc