Unacceptable Language

ThetaOrionis01

• 8 months later...
  • Replies 53
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Insults and name-calling:

Calling other posters idiots, numbskulls, SoBs etc is completely unacceptable. If you have to resort to this kind of language you are not contributing to the discussion. If you feel you have to exchange insults with other posters then do so elsewhere - exchange msn addresses, create an irc channel....but do not use the Morrowind Source forums for this.

Hhhmmm, methinks the original post is in need of some updating. :D

That just shows how long this rule has been in force. :tongue:

For those who don't know, This site was called Morrowind Source between July of 2003 and January of 2005. It had several names before that and several more after. With the announcement of Oblivion, the name was changed to The Elder Scrolls Source (which was several name changes ago)

For more site history: http://www.tesnexus.com/history.php

• 11 months later...
Noticed it quite a bit lately. Seems like the old "golden rule" is well...old. With so many members & debates, this is an inevitability. Everyone has strong opinions and beliefs, including myself, but the problem is how to respect other's. Online, it's far too easy to speak out against someone in a rude manner, but I like to perceive and respond to any situation as if I were face-to-face with that person. You wouldn't insult them if you were, unless you were intoxicated past reasonable judgement in a pub or some similar situation. Hence, don't drink & type :thumbsup: And don't add fuel to the fire. Walk away from an insult. Avoid walking into a thread if you think your opinion or post will cause some trouble. They may label you a coward, but the real courageous thing to do is just walk away from it. That's just my opinion.

• 1 year later...
  • 1 month later...

I have an understanding of Symbolic Logic and trained in it. Whenever a person begins with "name calling," they commit a fallacy of logic, avoiding the subject to attacking the person. Any abuse of language here on Nexus is just wrong. Act like an adult. Well, act like a responsible adult! LOL

• 1 year later...
  • 8 years later...

due to the first amendment there is no such thing as unacceptable language. you're scolding grown ass adults for exercising their god-given rights. shut the f*#@ up.

Even if Nexus were US-based, which it's not, the first amendment does not apply to private companies. Besides, the first amendment only exists to protect your speech from punishment by the government. You should probably study up on this if you continue trying to invoke it in the future. :happy:

due to the first amendment there is no such thing as unacceptable language. you're scolding grown ass adults for exercising their god-given rights. shut the f*#@ up.

Even if Nexus were US-based, which it's not, the first amendment does not apply to private companies. Besides, the first amendment only exists to protect your speech from punishment by the government. You should probably study up on this if you continue trying to invoke it in the future. :happy:

The view as outlined in the US constitution clearly states this as a religious belief that God gave all humans the right to free speech. As such, denying the right to free expression is religious discrimination and persecution.