Interesting Courier

MyThumb

It'd be pretty cool if someone voiced the courier of Skyrim and gave him an Irish accent and a funny personality. Like he could crack a joke everytime he delivers a letter to the player. Or maybe talk about a funny experience about the hold you are in.

He would probably end up having as many lines as one of the "Interesting NPs" but idealy he'd be a character you would see pretty often. Maybe once a week he could deliver a bounty letter to you or something.

What do you think?

I think the Red Archer Armor suits him. Now, the hard part will be trying to remember every Courier line spoken in the game, and rewrite them to my liking. Ah well, I've already done it thrice with the three College mages (and added a ton of lines besides); this should be relatively easy.

Edited by mlee3141

The random encounter ones will only say:

"Important deliveries to make! No time for chatting!"

The ones that have a delivery for you say:

He will approach you and say, "I've been looking for you. Got something I'm supposed to deliver - your hands only." He will mumble, "Let's see here..." before saying one or more of the following lines, depending on what he has for you:

"From who?" "Don't know. Creepy fella, black robe. Couldn't see his face. Paid me a pretty sum to get that into your hands, though."

As soon as Hearthfire is installed, he will randomly appear to give you additional letters:

With the Dragonborn add-on, he will arrive to give you messages from Ralis Sedarys:

Once he is done, he will say, "Looks like that's it. Got to go." and walk away from you. If you talk to him again, he will only say, "Nope, sorry. Nothing."

Edited by Valkasha

As for suggestions:

Replace the word friend with lad or mate.

Falk firebeard could be a good friend or acquaintance of our courier, since they're both sort of Irish :smile:

Him making fun of every person of stature should be fun :smile: For example a letter from a jarl could have some joke about his shiny milkdrinker chin or something.

Instead of the stereotypical nord, rude towards women, make him have a crush on the new lady of the orphanage, perhaps he was an orphan under grelod himself? :smile:

I do think we should include all the DLC because the dlc more than doubles the amount of lines the courier has.

Oh and by red archer armor I assume you mean the crimson ranger armor?

Edited by Valkasha