question about altering meshes with outfit studio

Ubertwelve

so i got the remodeled armor mod and then went about adjusting all the armors to the custom body i made, however with items like the craftable panties, if i change the mesh in any way then all the craftable panties in game will have the same texture applied to them.

same goes for vamp armors from LSAR, if i alter the mesh then the crimson armor has the black armor texture.

anyone know a way to fix this?

What I did was open each outfit and edit each mesh connected with that variation. However, I think that you can also open the mod in the CK, then go in and make sure your new mesh is connected to the texture for each variation and that you have not inadvertantly moved or renamed your edited mesh.

I know that Outfit Studio will build groups of meshes for an edited body type, but I have yet to figure out how to do that with meshes added by mods. I'm afraid I don't find Outfit Studio very intuitive to use, although it's a nifty tool and I'm glad to have it.

yeah the issue is that certain items (like underwear) use the same 2 nif files for all their variations and outfit studio only has an option (as far as i can tell) to input one texture. im pretty sure if i remove the textures when editing the mesh in OS then in game they would just turn purple.

if i remove my altered meshes then the variations start working again, there must be an option im missing..like a 'let the esp handle the textures' option?

Edited by Ubertwelve