Photo

Teacher/Student Program!

teacher student program modders skyrim

• Please log in to reply
78 replies to this topic

Poll: Weekly Poll (4 member(s) have cast votes)

Do you like the program?

1. Yup! (0 votes [0.00%])

Percentage of vote: 0.00%

2. Meh. (0 votes [0.00%])

3. No. (0 votes [0.00%])

Does this seem like it will help some people?

1. Yes, it seems like it will. (0 votes [0.00%])

2. Don't know yet. (0 votes [0.00%])

3. Not really... (0 votes [0.00%])

Vote Guests cannot vote

NightGuardX

NightGuardX

Enthusiast

• Supporter
  • PipPip
  • 220 posts

TSP_zps622b8487.png

ClassLessons_zps30678e70.png

Creating Custom Functions ~ Matthiaswagg

What is this?

A thread Idea I had for a while now. This is the Teacher Student Program, where you can learn the in's and out's of Skyrim Modding right here!

What this program does is that it allows people to learn through Skype or Private Messages and speak with the teacher in question about what should be done and how it should be done.

You can become a teacher by submitting a form below with your information.

(See How to Format)

Have a Question for a modder?

Have a question, please do ask and get an answer from some of our best modders. We will try to get to your question as soon as possible in a short amount of time.

How does this work?

You talk with the teacher about the subject your trying to learn. say....your trying to learn scripting but you need help and feedback on what your doing, this program is here for you!

The teacher will help you and guide you through the subject being learned, and they will try there hardest to get you to ready for modding.

How do we become a student?

Message the teacher and ask them if they can teach their subject to you, and hopefully they will get to you soon enough!

If they don't respond within 2 days let me know and I will see what's up.

Don't have Skype / Want another alternative?

We got ya covered. You can message people here and have Private Lessons on your subject if your not comfortable with using Skype. Just set up a date with a teacher and let the lesson begin!

ATHWF_zps16520b9a.png

Teacher Form:

Name/Username:

Teaching:

Time Available:

Email:

Skype Name (Optional):

Example Form:

Name/Username: Ken / NightGuardX

Teaching: NPC Design

Time Available: 3:00pm - 6:00pm Eastern Time

Email: [email protected]

Skype Name (Optional): nightguardx

AT_zps62ef5b8d.png

Matthiaswagg (PM)

Spoiler

Mlee3141 (PM)

Spoiler

BluePianoTwo (PM or Skype):

Spoiler

NightGuard (PM or Email):

Spoiler

FAQ_zps6d63847c.png

Why is my dialogue not working? (Common Bug)

Spoiler

Why is my face not matching body's skin? (Grey Face Bug)

Spoiler

How to travel to a world space you just created? (Common Question)

Spoiler

Edited by NightGuardX, 18 September 2014 - 08:35 PM.

Mattiewagg

Mattiewagg

Is Female?!

• Supporter
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,544 posts

I think, perhaps, rather than Skype, we could try something like what they do on TESAlliance. Have a certain "class" as a post, and then students can ask questions or PM the author and have "private lessons".

Some people might not be comfortable Skyping people, either because they don't want to share their information, or they simply aren't comfortable communicating with people there.

NightGuardX

NightGuardX

Enthusiast

• Supporter
  • PipPip
  • 220 posts

I think, perhaps, rather than Skype, we could try something like what they do on TESAlliance. Have a certain "class" as a post, and then students can ask questions or PM the author and have "private lessons".

Some people might not be comfortable Skyping people, either because they don't want to share their information, or they simply aren't comfortable communicating with people there.

Good Idea! I will add that to the original post. Thanks for the suggestion!

EDIT --> DONE!

Edited by NightGuardX, 17 September 2014 - 03:28 AM.

Mattiewagg

Mattiewagg

Is Female?!

• Supporter
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,544 posts

Here's a sort of teacher resume:

Spoiler

I'm just going to start with a lesson, perhaps to generate some interest. It's sort of copied from my site though I edited it some for the forum. You can also find a version of it on the Creation Kit Wiki.

A [Comprehensive] Tutorial on Creating Custom Functions

By Matthiaswagg (feel free to PM me, if I can respond I will)

This is a LONG tutorial, with lots of script examples.

Spoiler

So very long, yes. I try to keep everything as noob-friendly as possible, hence the length. Perhaps even some non-scripters could help get a handle on it. If you're interested in more lessons, just say so and perhaps I'll post some more.

If you would prefer shorter tutorials in the future (less details, less noob-friendly explanations) just say so and I'll try to cut down the length to something more manageable and more likely to be read.

Edited by Matthiaswagg, 17 September 2014 - 04:58 AM.

mlee3141

mlee3141

Keeper of Sentience

• Supporter
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,924 posts

Here's mine. Be warned, I can be quite impatient.

Name/Username: Michael /mlee3141

Teaching: Writing (Questlines, Dialogue, Stories, Novels), Voice Editing, Intermediate Quest Design

Time Available: 6:00 PM - 8:00 PM (Weekdays), 5:00 PM - 12:00 AM (Weekends) - Pacific Time

Email: Ask via PM

Edited by mlee3141, 17 September 2014 - 05:36 AM.

NightGuardX

NightGuardX

Enthusiast

• Supporter
  • PipPip
  • 220 posts

Here's a sort of teacher resume:

Spoiler

I'm just going to start with a lesson, perhaps to generate some interest. It's sort of copied from my site though I edited it some for the forum. You can also find a version of it on the Creation Kit Wiki.

A [Comprehensive] Tutorial on Creating Custom Functions

By Matthiaswagg (feel free to PM me, if I can respond I will)

This is a LONG tutorial, with lots of script examples.

Spoiler

So very long, yes. I try to keep everything as noob-friendly as possible, hence the length. Perhaps even some non-scripters could help get a handle on it. If you're interested in more lessons, just say so and perhaps I'll post some more.

If you would prefer shorter tutorials in the future (less details, less noob-friendly explanations) just say so and I'll try to cut down the length to something more manageable and more likely to be read

Added your class to the list! Thanks for submitting. :happy:

...also great tutorial by the way!

Here's mine. Be warned, I can be quite impatient.

Name/Username: Michael /mlee3141

Teaching: Writing (Questlines, Dialogue, Stories, Novels), Voice Editing, Intermediate Quest Design

Time Available: 6:00 PM - 8:00 PM (Weekdays), 5:00 PM - 12:00 AM (Weekends) - Pacific Time

Email: Ask via PM

Class has been added to the list! Thank you for the submission. :wink:

Edited by NightGuardX, 18 September 2014 - 01:43 AM.

Mattiewagg

Mattiewagg

Is Female?!

• Supporter
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,544 posts
You might want to change Classes to Available Teachers, and then link to any classes (tutorials) directly in the classes section. For example:

Available Teachers:
Matthiaswagg
Spoiler

Mlee123
Spoiler

Open Classes:

Creating Custom Functions - Matthiaswagg

Edited by Matthiaswagg, 18 September 2014 - 02:02 AM.

BluePianoTwo

BluePianoTwo

Shiverwitch

• Supporter
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,924 posts

I'll jump into this too.  This is really great because I know that a lot of people are hesitant asking questions when they're first starting because they don't want to be annoying or seem naive, and this gives them a place to go.

Name/Username: Allie / BluePianoTwo

Teaching: Level Design, NPC Creation, AI.  I can also help people who simply want to learn how to mod their game too.  I'm really patient.

Time Available: Really flexible due to college schedule.  I can usually work with people's schedules.

Skype Name (Optional): PM me for this if you want it.

Mattiewagg

Mattiewagg

Is Female?!

• Supporter
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,544 posts
One thing I think:
Private lessons are great, but I also think it's good to ask your questions in this thread so other people can see the questions and solutions.

And any "open classes" like the one (more specific) lesson I posted on custom functions should be clearly shown, with a larger and colored heading so people looking for lessons can find them.

NightGuardX

NightGuardX

Enthusiast

• Supporter
  • PipPip
  • 220 posts

One thing I think:
Private lessons are great, but I also think it's good to ask your questions in this thread so other people can see the questions and solutions.

And any "open classes" like the one (more specific) lesson I posted on custom functions should be clearly shown, with a larger and colored heading so people looking for lessons can find them.

Done! :wink:

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: teacher, student, program, modders, skyrim

Page loaded in: 0.872 seconds