Setting up the brawl quest

Mattiewagg

How would I set up the brawling quest for an NPC? I need to make a separate one, I think, for a few reasons:

1. The NPC is not fighting you for a bet. You make fun of him, the brawl starts, and when you win you get a custom item as a reward rather than money.
  2. You can only brawl him with certain conditions (a certain quest stage).

Really, I just need you to be able to fight the NPC (started by a dialogue option), without others freaking out when you fight, and when they go down on one knee, end the brawl and get a unique item through the dialogue (all of the dialogue would be unique as well). I can probably figure out some aspects of this but I was hoping there might be someone more knowledgeable than I who knows how to do this without a bunch of trial and error.

• 7 months later...

Sorry to drag this to life again, but I have a brawl quest issue as well. I searched the forum for a possible solution and just got this unanswered thread. I'm trying to add an NPC that you have to brawl to move forward. I'm simply calling the vanilla brawl quest by setting the NPC in the favor faction that calls the brawl quest. I can't get the dialogue. Tried going to the cell, leaving, coming back - nothing. I checked in the CK and my NPC is correctly listed as a valid member of the faction, and thus should generate the quest. Voice is correct type. I'm assuming this should work the same as the follower, marriage, etc. quests, but not getting any result. Any ideas what I'm missing?

I too am having trouble trying to make a brawl quest. I managed to get it to the stage where I can knock the opponent down, but I can't get the player to be knocked down, the opponent just beats me to death. If anyone has a guide or advice it would be greatly appreciated.

Sorry to drag this to life again, but I have a brawl quest issue as well. I searched the forum for a possible solution and just got this unanswered thread. I'm trying to add an NPC that you have to brawl to move forward. I'm simply calling the vanilla brawl quest by setting the NPC in the favor faction that calls the brawl quest. I can't get the dialogue. Tried going to the cell, leaving, coming back - nothing. I checked in the CK and my NPC is correctly listed as a valid member of the faction, and thus should generate the quest. Voice is correct type. I'm assuming this should work the same as the follower, marriage, etc. quests, but not getting any result. Any ideas what I'm missing?

Make sure you've generated an SEQ if it's SGE.

I too am having trouble trying to make a brawl quest. I managed to get it to the stage where I can knock the opponent down, but I can't get the player to be knocked down, the opponent just beats me to death. If anyone has a guide or advice it would be greatly appreciated.

Make the PC essential during the quest and OnEnterBleedout end it the same way you would for the other NPC.

The difference is I don't want to modify the default quest. Is there no way to just call the default "Fight!Fight!" quest? I don't understand why this is different than the follower and marriage calls, for example, that are done by being part of the faction - then the quest starts.

The difference is I don't want to modify the default quest. Is there no way to just call the default "Fight!Fight!" quest? I don't understand why this is different than the follower and marriage calls, for example, that are done by being part of the faction - then the quest starts.

Yeah, sure. I just assumed those asking wanted a custom one.