Skyrim Crash BEFORE Bethesda Logo! Please help!

SilverXtreme

Iv'e recently been finding a lot of cool mods thanks to this wonderful community. However in turn, I have been downloading a lot of mods lately. After installing a few graphics enhancing mods (I know I probably shouldn't have any in the first place) I launched Skyrim through SKSE (as usual) but the game crashed right after the Bethesda logo. Now I know this is a common problem, so I wasn't very surprised. But I especially wasn't surprised after all the mods I downloaded. I tried everything I could think of, and so far its only become worse. Now it crashes before the Bethesda logo.

I am running the worst laptop ever:
System: Dell Inspiron 1720 (Laptop)
Operating System: Windows Vista: Home Premium
Processor: Intel Core 2 Duo 2.50GHz
Graphics: NVIDIA GeForce 8400M GS
*(If I missed anything please tell me)

My Skyrim is set at the minimum for all settings. I tried disabling all mods (including the ones I just downloaded). I tried changing my load order with BOSS and LOOT.I used TESV Edit to fix all dirty edits. I validated my integrity of cache twice.I restarted my laptop.I cleaned up unused mods. I TRIED EVERYTHING.

I am only 13, so excuse my poor grammer.
Tell me if I am missing anything.
Please help me!!

EDIT

Iv'e now tried the Savetool Program, it removed many things but did not fix the problem. (Thanks anyways TwilightDB)

EDIT

I tried re-installing my game, but it didn't work either. I'm not even sure it re-installed properly, because I still have my old saves from before. Please help, I've tried so many different things a this point and I don't know what to do.

Edited by SilverXtreme

Have you've tried using the "Savetool" program? http://www.nexusmods.com/skyrim/mods/52363/? When I install and uninstall mods, I usually run this program to find orphaned scripts which could cause CTDs since not all mods will uninstall cleanly and leave something behind that you might not see. Some of this hidden orphaned scripts might conflict with other mods you installed afterwards causing CTDs.

I hope that helps.

• 2 months later...

Also use tes5edit to sort your load order.

TES5Edit does not sort load orders. LOOT and BOSS does that. However, it is may be the right tool for this job.

CTD at the logo screen is a classic symptom of missing master. It is very likely you have a (or more) plugin in your load order that is missing a master. First, arrange your load order using LOOT or BOSS. If you still experience CTD at the logo screen, load all of your plugins in TES5Edit. If TES5Edit stops loading and bounces an error message, the plugin that causes the error is the one that is missing a master.

Alternatively, you can open Wrye Bash and figure out at a glance which plugin(s) is/are missing its/their master(s). Just look for the red checkboxes. Most of the time these will be compatibility patches that you don't need because you're not using one or more of the mods it patches. You can either uninstall (or even just plain delete) the redbox'd patch, or install the mod(s) it makes compatible.

Other times you'll have neglected to install mod A, which mod B depends on to function; again you'll need to either install mod A or remove mod B.

Wrye will also likely have a number of orange checkboxes as well. These basically mean that all the mod's masters are present, but sorted in an order the plugin doesn't expect. This isn't usually a problem per se, but can become one. Use TES5Edit's Sort Masters command to tell the plugin the order its masters are being loaded.

Once everything is green, create a bashed patch (a must for about 99% of load orders, if you want items to distribute properly) and you're good to go.

• 7 months later...
  • 6 months later...