Natural Bodies all in one, cant configure

FenrirJack

im so lost im bout to pull my hair out im a deployed soldier so i dont get long to play at all and since i beat the game before i left i wanted to look into modding it when i found natrual bodies mods i thought this is for me well i can get it to work and all but the things is whenever i unpack the 7z file it doesnt come down to a dazip or zip file it goes down to an override file which means it doesnt work with dao mod manager and i dont have the time to sit here and figure out how to replace the files to get what i want in the configuring of plz help me i have version 2.1.2 all the problems i haver seen stem from version 1.9 or another file plz maybe you could tell me what i can do to fix this plz help

Heyas Sturm, welcome to the nexus!

have to ask you for a favor. When you post, please seperate out your sentences. When its one big block of text it makes it difficult to understand :wink: Especially when some of the folks that might e helping you may not be native english speaking :wink:

Not that I'm criticizing or anything, just letting ya know :wink:

Ok, first, yes... it actually is supposed to be a .override file. This mod is unlike the majority of other mods that you're going to run into, as it is packed in a .override. Which is the format that it needs to be in order for DA ModManager (DAMM) to be able to have configuration options with it.

After extracting it from the 7z file, all you need to do is Drag and Drop (DnD) the .override file into the portion of ModManager that says Installed Overrides at the top of it. (Its seperated into three boxes. Installed Dazips, Installed Overrides, and then one that says Info.

Once you DnD it into Installed Overrides, it should go about installing it. Once that finishes up, you can the right click on where it says Natural Bodies all in One, NBiaO or whatever (the name varies by version number) and choose config. From there you've got your options on which models to tell it to use.

Edit- also make sure that you are actually using DA MODMANAGER, not DAupdater.exe or DA Modder (DAM).

http://www.dragonagenexus.com/downloads/file.php?id=277

Hope that this helps :smile:

And hopefully your deployment goes well. And you get relocated to someplace that will give you more time soon. Be safe!

hey darkewolf. thanks for the help i got it working with your input on this thread and another. just wanted to say its nice to see someone actually helping us newbs out instead of just shaking there heads and going to a different forum.

Not a problem! Glad to help out when I can :smile:

Yeah, this particular mod isn't as easy to use as a lot of the other mods are. And it can be kinda confusing as to what you need to do. I understand that a lot of folks have a hard time with this one, so they need help shifting through it.

I'm glad to hear that you got it worked out :smile:

Oh, and I'll go ahead and give you a piece of advice.

if you're using some custom armor/weapon/item mods.... there's a bad bug where they dont necessarily spawn correctly when you create a new character. its because of how the game reads savegames.

So before you create your new character... go in and DEACTIVATE the mods. Then load up the character, and play it till you can can create a savegame for them. Then exit out, reactivate your mods, and then reload your savegame. This works most of the time. Just have to remember to deactivate and reactivate. :thumbsup:

It can save you a big headache on trying to get those mods to load back up into your new character.

Be safe, fight the good fight, and happy gaming :smile:

• 2 weeks later...

Hey, ah, I'm rather new to everything in this game, I've been running around and tweaking things here and there for the past 2 days, but I really haven't even played the game much, I want to wait until I can play it the way I want to play it in full. I, too, have a problem with the natural bodies install, and it's really been a thorn in my side for the past two days. I really want to play this game the way I want to, but it just won't let me. I can get all the files and folders in order, and everything's fine, I can get along fine with every other mod I try, but this one mod, yes, it goes through and it says it's compatible, but then doesn't give me any configuration settings, the config option is greyed out. It works on DAModder, but I'd really rather not run around with all my characters having boners, I want to mod it for strictly nudist reasons, not sexual at all. Makes me wonder why they made erect the central option in the first place... That's just weird, man.

Anyways, I just, I really-- I'm about to pull out my hair and entirely give up on it and leave them in their normal skimpy undies, and I really really don't want to give up like that.

Heyas Jerod, welcome to the nexus :)

Yeah, this particular mod isnt that easy to understand, especially since the instructions tell you to do things that aren't necessary.

Ok, something that I want to clarify here..... DaModder? DaModder will not install Natural Bodies All in One, as it's a .override file, and DAM cannot understand those. So if you did install this with DaModder, and not DaModManager (DAMM) then what you installed was the Natural Bodies mod in .dazip form. Which is a completely seperate mod. And doesnt include a configuration utility unless you install the .override version of it.

But, you do mention that it's grayed out, so that leads me to think that we are talking about DAModManager.

So, start up DAMM and uninstall it (NBIAO I mean, not DAMM). Open up the folder that you extracted NBAIO.override into when you extracted it from the .7z file. Now, click on NBIAO.override and hold the mouse button down. Drag and drop it into the area of DAMM that reads Installed Override's. And let it install.

Once you've got it installed in that pane, the configuration option should be available.

If you've extracted a file that ISNT NBAIO.override, then you've got the regular form of Natural Bodies.

Hope this helps, and if you have troubles, post back ;)

I have a similar question about changing configurations after starting a game (installed with DAMM). The changed configurations don't seem to appear (but the mod does appear to be working - everyone has the large default configuration hands). Am I correct in assuming that if you change one of the configuration options after starting a game, do you need to:

1. uninstall the entire mod

2. do a forced load of a saved game through whatever warnings and resave the game without the mod,

3. Reinstall the mod and do the new configuration settings, and finally

4. Reload that "cleaned" saved game for the new configurations to take effect?

I did some configuration using DA Modmanager, but they didn't show up in my game even after reloading a saved game (but not a forced load with the mod uninstalled).

Heh, no, no, no, as I've said, I've tried it multiple times, in multiple places, to get it to work around it in multiple ways. The config option isn't even on the other modder. No, I don't have it installed on the other modder, I only tried that once and then uninstalled it from there. and I did pull it from the 7z file, and throw it into the installed portion without it being installed in any other form. and when it installs, it says it's compatible. But when I right click it, there's no config option.

and, ah, by the way, I wonder why everyone thinks the real spelling is "Jerod" or "Jarrod"? It's "Jared". "Jared" is how you spell it unless the parents mussed up the way it's spelled.

[edit:] What the... I uninstalled it, but my guys still have boners when I undress them! I still had a save game when I made my newest, but I'd uninstalled it and reinstalled it then. Gah... I don't understand this. I started a new game with it uninstalled just two minutes ago, and I still had the mod working with boners. What is going on? I don't have the mod installed Modmanager or Modder, yet it's still doing it....

[edit again:] Okay, it seems I have to manually delete the folder from My Documents, but it still won't let me do the configuration. Yeah, I even went in and deleted only specific files, but it always has the boners unless I delete the entire Nbaio folder. I have no idea where any of this is coming from... Haaaaalp...~

[edit again again:] Well, this is certainly embarassing. I didn't know you wrote a walkthrough of the whole thing. I found the problem immediately once I read it. Chances are, I had the same problem as Burnhouse, it's just I personally know what I did. I fixed all the folders up into My Documents instead of the actual Program Files folder. After I did that, it gave me the Config option. I'm sure that's what Burnhouse did. Honestly, the whole you-can't-install-in-My-Documents-but-BioWare-creates-a-seperate-but-similar-folder-you-can't-designate-in-My-Documents thing is just... confusing and ridiculous. Thanks for writing the walkthrough and thanks for trying to help. I now have my game just the way I want to have it and I can start playing it for real.

JarEd- Awwwww MAN!! I am REALLY sorry that I misspelled your screen-name. Dangit, that happens to me all the time, so I try to be extra careful about getting other's names right. Gah, really sorry about that.

Anyways, I'm glad that you got it working correctly. Just sorry that you went thru so much to get there! :(

And you're very welcome for the tutorial. I'm really glad to hear that it's helping people with this mod.

Zelazko- there is a folder in the documents/bioware/dragonage/packages/core/override And/Or documents/bioware/dragonage/add ins folder(s) that contains all the files installed by natural bodies. It should be a folder/s named NBAIO or something really close to that. If you think you might want to put them back in later, cut and paste the following files to another part of your hard drive. If you dont want them back later, delete them.

the files you want will start out with HF EF and DF

HF= Human Female

EF= Elf Female

DF= Dwarf Female.

Any file that has that in it will be for the female models.

You should check out both locations that I mentioned before. I'm at school and don't have it on my comp, so I can't verify which folder they are in, or if they have files in both.

kzimmermann- OMG I am really sorry that you didnt get your questions answered! I dunno how you got skipped, but I'm really sorry!

Ok, I'm not sure about some of the newer versions of the mod, but on the older version that I have, there's only a few optional bodies that have the reduced hand size, in mine, not all of them do. If the option for it doesnt show up in the lower drop down box, it (that body) may not have an option for it.

AND I do know that this mod doesnt always affect the hands when the characters are DRESSED. That is because a lot of the clothes have their own hands.

See the way that clothes and armor works is that instead of covering the model like many games do, the piece actually Replaces that body part. I'll use morrigan's robes as an example. That model is a completely seperate piece. When it's put on her, it essentailly replaces EVERYTHING except the head. The torso, legs, feet, arms, and HANDS.

About the only time you wouldnt see this happen when wearing something, is usually armors, which have seperate models for the hands (gloves). The gloves themselves won't be affected by the mod as they too, are seperate models that would need to be resized. But when no gloves are worn with the armors, the mod's hands will be used.

But no, you shouldnt have to do anything once you change an option, other than probably exit then return to the game so the models refresh.

All- sorry for not getting back to you folks sooner, I was on vacation from Wednesday to Monday. But hopefully this gets you guys taken care of.