Natural Bodies all in one, cant configure

FenrirJack

Okay, I uninstalled and deleted the override. I then put the unzipped file into the override panel and it asked confirmation to install. I went through installation and it worked properly in game but still it grays out configure. Do I need to drop the nbaio file in my override file as well as dropping it directly into the damm override panel?

Okay, I uninstalled and deleted the override. I then put the unzipped file into the override panel and it asked confirmation to install. I went through installation and it worked properly in game but still it grays out configure. Do I need to drop the nbaio file in my override file as well as dropping it directly into the damm override panel?

Nope, that won't do anything. ".override" files can ONLY be handled by DAMM. (Well, technically, you could extract every single optional body model component and then put just the ones you wanted into your "\override" folder and it would work. But that kind of defeats the purpose of using the aio, doesn't it?)

What do you mean that it "worked properly in game"?

Guess I would need to see the file structure and designated paths you've established to figure out what's going on.

Here's how I arrange things:

Folder PATH listing for volume <diskname>

Volume serial number is abcd-1234

C:\USERS\<username>\DOCUMENTS\BIOWARE\DRAGON~1

├───AddIns

├───Characters

├───DAO-Modmanager

│ └───mods

│ ├───dazip

│ └───override

├───Logs

├───News

├───Offers

├───packages

│ └───core

│ ├───data

│ └───override

├───Screenshots

└───Settings

Obviously I place all my ".dazip" and ".override" mods in the appropriate "DAO-ModManager" folder, and then it puts what it needs to in the game's official "\override" one.

I missed typed. Let me rephrase. Once I extracted nbaio, I drug it directly into the column titled "installed overrides." It then asked for confirmation to install nbaio. I clicked yes. Once damm said it was compatible and installed, I right clicked the mod -now in the installed overrides column- and it gave 3 options. Configure, uninstall, or check for compatibility. The configure option was grayed out. That's where my problem lies. In game, characters no longer wear undergarments and I read that I should be able to configure

I'd double check your designated folder paths in DAMM.

Make sure they match you actual install and config.

Here are mine:

http://static1.nexusmods.com/15/images/140/1678793-1389750647.png

In fact, I noticed after making that screenshot that it was incorrect for my own set-up. Since I have the EA/Origin downloaded version of the UE, my "\AddIns" folder is under "\Program Files (x86)\Origin Games", and not my player profile. (Hasn't made any difference for the mods I use...) Fixed now. :laugh:

• 1 month later...

I have to say, I'm having the exact same problem as the others and I'd like to think its not because I'm completely hopeless.

Presently, I'm using DAMM 1.9d, unzipping NBAIO into a separate folder, opening DAMM, than creating an Override Packet -> Naming it -> dragging the nbaio.override file into the folder of the path ...packages\core\override\nbaio (not the SP override) -> creating Override Packet. Then going back and right-clicking on the nbaio override and choosing "install"...waiting and then getting the message nbaio was compatible and installed. But after it was installed, when right-clicking on it in the pane to configure nbaio the 'configure' option is greyed out.

I have a pic of the main page with the dazip/override and another of the paths if those will help you in assisting me in solving this.

@slayer299;

What do you mean by "... than creating an Override Packet -> Naming it -> dragging the nbaio.override file into the folder of the path ...packages\core\override\nbaio (not the SP override) -> creating Override Packet.-> creating Override Packet..."?

These are not steps in the installation of NBaio. It's really very simple:

Install:
=================
- you must download the mod
- Unzip the file on your computer with 7zip.
- Remove previous versions of Natural Bodies.
- use the override file with the DAO Modmanager (Drag and Drop the *. override file in the list installed overrides in modmanager)
- right click on the installed mod and select config
- set the settings as you want them
- start the game and make yourself naked

Remember, the ".override" does NOT go in any folder that the game uses. It is not a type of file that Dragon Age understands. DAMM takes the information in that file and creates the file the game uses on-the-fly (and puts it in the right location!) every time you select different config options. :thumbsup:

And what is the folder structure you're using? I.e., Where are you putting the ".override" file, and where are you telling DAMM to look for it? If you don't have DAMM installed and configured correctly, you'll never get NBaio working. :dry:

@slayer299;

What do you mean by "... than creating an Override Packet -> Naming it -> dragging the nbaio.override file into the folder of the path ...packages\core\override\nbaio (not the SP override) -> creating Override Packet.-> creating Override Packet..."?

These are not steps in the installation of NBaio. It's really very simple:

Install:

=================

- you must download the mod

- Unzip the file on your computer with 7zip.

- Remove previous versions of Natural Bodies.

- use the override file with the DAO Modmanager (Drag and Drop the *. override file in the list installed overrides in modmanager)

- right click on the installed mod and select config

- set the settings as you want them

- start the game and make yourself naked

Remember, the ".override" does NOT go in any folder that the game uses. It is not a type of file that Dragon Age understands. DAMM takes the information in that file and creates the file the game uses on-the-fly (and puts it in the right location!) every time you select different config options. :thumbsup:

And what is the folder structure you're using? I.e., Where are you putting the ".override" file, and where are you telling DAMM to look for it? If you don't have DAMM installed and configured correctly, you'll never get NBaio working. :dry:

Okay, *now* I see my error. it was totally unclear I do not use a folder that the game uses. I was using the standard override folder, not a user-created as your picture showed. I will now correct that error. Thank you for your patience on re-re-explaining it, for what I am certain is the umpteen-millionth time.

Edited by Thandal

• 7 years later...

I saw elsewhere, that having the DAO Mod Manager file paths set up incorrectly, or having the mods folder for that within your Dragon Age Origins game installation folder, would cause the configuration option to be greyed out.

I corrected the pathways in options, on the DAO Mod Manager, uninstalled Natural Bodies AIO, reinstalled it, and the option was still greyed out.

Instead of ripping my hair out, or uninstalling, and reinstalling everything related, I simply moved my mods folder, for the DAO Mod Manager, from my game installation folder, to Documents/Bioware/Dragon Age/packages/core.

That way, it's next to the standard override folder, but not conflicting with it, as the DAO Mod Manager's override folder is within the mods folder I just moved.

Finally, I once again corrected the pathways under options, in the DAO Mod Manager.

As I did this, I realized that my pathways for Dragon Age folder, and AddIns folder, were incorrectly set to the game installation folder, and AddIns folder within.

I switched these to Documents/Bioware/Dragon Age, and Documents/Bioware/Dragon Age/AddIns.

Once done, I restarted DAO Mod Manager, uninstalled, and reinstalled Natural Bodies AIO, and the configure option was no longer greyed out.

SUCCESS!!! :geek: :laugh:

Glad you were able to diagnose the issue. A good rule to follow is: Never ever install (or place) ANYTHING in the DAO game install folder, unless expressly instructed to do so.

Edited by theskymoves