Papyrus scripting problems :( ! HELP!

HighAsAKiteB32

Okay so I was hoping somebody could help me out here or at least point me in the right direction I am currently working on a mod that adds a script to a number of books in the game (This was done via the creation kit) however as logic would dictate if the mod is installed on a save that is not new the mod will be out of sync and make the need for the player to read books they have already read before they installed the mod.

For this reason I am attempting to make a script that checks what books have already being read using the IsRead() SKSE function. This part of the script functions as intended however if I had to write out what should happen if each book has being read it would take WAAAAYYYY to long and would make the script hard to manage and prone to errors.

Because of this I was hoping that someone could tell me how to use a script to send a event to a objects or more specifically a book in this case. The event I would like the book to receive is the OnRead() event.

Thank you for reading my post hope one of you guys can give me a answer soon I have being trying to figure it out for days.... :wallbash:

P.S: If you do not wish or do not have time to read the entire post the more important bits have being highlighted in yellow and the explanations are the default colour! :smile:

Edited by HighAsAKiteB32

Why not use the OnInit() event instead of OnRead()? Whenever a particular reference is loaded for the first time it will determine if said book has been read or not. May not cover 100% of the cases in a mid-game save but would minimize how much the player would need to re-read books for your mod.