Crouch bug

thomasch1994

I recently get this strange bug. Whenever i´m crouching my view turns 90° left for a second and then back again. This happens every 2 seconds, so its impossible to aim while crouching. When i´m in 3rd person view it looks like my character switches from crouching back to normal for a second. It also happens when i´m not crouching but fighting at close range. Does anyone know why this happens? I hope you can help me.

just a wild guess based on a slightly similar issue I had with one mod . . .

are you using any auto-loot mods?

if so experimentally disable it

if not - try disabling 1/2 of your mods, then the other half - to see if it goes away

I´m not using any auto-loot mods

When I tried to disable half of my mods the game crashed everytime I tried to launch it.

but I loaded a much older Savegame, and the bug didn´t appear anymore. I think there might be something wrong with my Savegame.

Do I have to replay 5 hours of gameplay or is there a way to fix this?

My guess is there's a satisfied condition in the animations tab which wrongly forces your character to play a 3rd person idle, so when you are in first person as consequence your head turns 90°. If I'm correct, the answer is in your load order, a mod is causing it and you could deactivate them until you see the problem solved and then narrow down which one is causing that. This doesn't mean that the mod has a problem, it's more probable that something happened while you were playing, like a script broke.

Maybe if you're lucky, that mod adds a token to trigger that animation and in that way you can manually remove it. You just need to look if you see some "strange" item inside your inventory using the console command player.showinventory. You should have few items with you or you won't be able to see the complete list in the console, so you should first empty yourself in some footlocker.

Edited by Fallout2AM