Remember that rumor of one last DLC?

FaneSeinof

Does anyone still remember the rumor of that one last DLC for Skyrim? Everybody assumed that because Redguard was re-trademarked we would be traveling to Stros M'kai. There was also more "evidence", like the special root only found on Stros M'kai, that song about Tiber and the Dragon that was cut, that dragon being mentioned in the Blade' book of still living dragons and having not-really killed that dragon in Redguard. Then there's Dragonstar, the disputed land between the Nords and the Redguards.

I assumed, before the official decree from BGS that there would be no DLC, that we would be visiting both locations in a DLC entitled Redguard, or even Dragonstar, and it would involve the struggle for control of Dragonstar and, connecting to some other rumors, the Moot that decides who is High Chieftain of Skyrim.

So, as more of a suggestion that a request, this could be an excellent, if difficult undertaking. An ambitious project like The Last Dragon or already DLC-sized released mods like Falskaar or Wyrmstooth. And options and detail are what counts in projects like these. Becoming Jarl of Dragonstar? That would be something. Upon suggestion, marrying the High Chieftain (Elisif or Ulfric), but not becomign High Chieftain yourself. Nafaalilargus could either be another dragon that is sworn to your service upon awakening, or even the villain.

This is a fairly ambitous and potentially large scale mod. I don't think it will take root - but it's a nice idea though.

On the topic of DLC's that never were though, I always thought a Post-Civil War DLC involving the Aldmeri Dominion attempting to take over Skyrim in its now weakened state would have made a really nice DLC.

Edit: I found this, it seems that someone else has thought of this too. It seems like some work is being put in as well, I suppose you could chime in and offer some words to the author of the project.

http://forums.nexusmods.com/index.php?/topic/1470115-nafaalilargus-skyrim-dlc-like-mod-project/

Edited by DaddyDirection

This is a fairly ambitous and potentially large scale mod. I don't think it will take root - but it's a nice idea though.

On the topic of DLC's that never were though, I always thought a Post-Civil War DLC involving the Aldmeri Dominion attempting to take over Skyrim in its now weakened state would have made a really nice DLC.

Edit: I found this, it seems that someone else has thought of this too. It seems like some work is being put in as well, I suppose you could chime in and offer some words to the author of the project.

http://forums.nexusmods.com/index.php?/topic/1470115-nafaalilargus-skyrim-dlc-like-mod-project/

Thanks! I'll check it out. Regarding the Thalmor, I suppose it could have worked, as long as it didn't involve the Second Great War. They might be planning something like that for the next game. Personally, I'm thinking Elsweyr, the Thalmor meddling with the Halls of the Colossus, visiting Jone and Jode, all that good stuff. And of course, Numidium.