Skyrim Children - complete overhaul idea

megageeklizzy

So, I'm pretty new to Nexus and modding in general, but based on the incredibly large number of (usually inconsistent and incompatible) children mods out there, I think I might have a way to overhaul children by just using bits and pieces of other mods. Basically, I want to make an age slider in the race menu. Here is my idea, broken down into bullet-points for readability.

REASONS - feel free to skip this section if you don't care about my motivations or understand them already (or don't feel like reading it)

*It's kind of weird to think that children just magically turn into adults.

*Bethesda decided not to add beast or elf children, and mods that do add them almost always give them weird shrunken adult bodies that make them stand out.

*'child races' have weird issues with a number of things, from being unable to activate almost anything to being immortal (yes, I know that there are mods for this, just keep reading (or skip to the last bullet in this section)).

*children's clothes are extremely irritating (are they clothing or misc. items? Why are they boys' or girls' when adult clothing is unisex?)(yes, I know that there are mods for this, just keep reading (or skip to the last bullet in this section)).

*A few adult characters act and claim to be particularly young, but look the same age as other NPCs.

*Children have ugly faces (yes, I know that there are mods for this, just keep reading (or skip to the last bullet in this section)).

*Children can't use any add-on armor unless there is a patch (or you use a mod that makes them use shrunken adult versions, which gives girls breasts and screws with hand and feet proportions).

*Mods that fix issues with children usually aren't compatible, and even those that are can cause strange inconsistencies. (some kids use adult clothes while others don't, hair issues, some kids have vanilla faces, etc.)

NEW SYSTEM - this is what I propose

*All 'child races' are deleted - children are recreated as 'adults' using the new age slider.

*All wrinkled-looking complexions will be deleted and replaced by a scaling shader on the face.

*The new age slider could be used by other modders (or me, in the future) for age-based behavior. (age<3 makes default movement crawling, for (an ambitious) example)

*age slider components (for decreasing age) - these will probably have to be exponential changes, to avoid wrinkles on kids and big-headed teenagers

-everything smaller

-head proportion increased

-"chubbier" cheeks, if possible

-hand proportion increased

-finger thickness increased, if possible

-foot proportion increased

-leg thickness increased

-arm thickness increased

-chest muscles(boys)/breasts(girls) proportions decreased

-ear proportions increased

-eye proportions increased

-butt proportions decreased (for girls, make female children less sexualized)

-neck thickness increased

-less wrinkles

-pinker skin (for humans and elves)

-softer fur (for Khajiit, probably a texture/UV map change)

-shorter horns (for Argonians, Orsimer, and maybe Bosmer)

-thicker tails (for Khajiit and Argonians)

So anyway, if you actually read all of that, thank you for your interest. I'd really like feedback about how plausible this all is, and on how to do it the most efficiently. Please feel free to PM me if you want to. Thanks again!