Updated NMM havent used in a while. Now "You have no Skyrim INI file.." How to fix?

ExtraGloves

So I have a weird problem. I have Skyrim on Steam and a year or more ago I started using mods with Nexus Mod Manager. Everythign worked fine. Havent touched the mods since then. Game runs fine through steam or SKSE all my mods load right up. Problem is I wanted to check out some new mods. I opened up NMM and got the message to update. Did that. Installed the latest version and now when I run NMM the message pops up that "You have no Skyrim INI file. Please run Skyrim to initialize the file...".

The thing is I have the INI files. The game runs fine. NMM shows all my mods and they all have the green checkmark. I don't want to install or update these with the error message because I don't want to lose anything. What can be causing this?

The only thing I can think of is a while ago I changed my user account on Windows 7 from ADMIN to a regular user and then created a seperate admin account that I don't use. When I run NMM it auto runs as an admin and to my knowledge there is no way to do otherwide. The only way I can run the program is by typing my windows password when the program starts. If I go to properties on the NMM exe file it shows that run as an admin is checked but is greyed out so I cannot take it off.

What can I do here?