Severed Limb without death for Robot races

sarenarcturus27

Wouldn't it be awesome if there was a robotic race mod that you could play as, and loose a limb in battle without dying? Everyone knows a robot can loose leg or arm and keep on going.

This armor mod has everything needed to get started; http://www.nexusmods.com/newvegas/mods/57010/?

Just look at the dismemberment pictures. The graphical work is already great. Now if it could be merged with a mod that allows the PC to loose limbs without dying, it would be awesome. Or maybe death only occurs when the PC's head is destroyed. If the right arm was removed, no more shooting until it could be repaired. Left hand removal means no more 2 handed weapons. And leg removed means very slow cripple walk animation. Just slow the walk speed way down.

I don't know anything about animating or scripting, and I don't have time to learn. I was just hoping this would spark someones interest. Let me know what you think.

You would have to make a whole other mesh for that to work :l Since you would have to make separate animations and such for it. So uuuuum I only know how to make guns and armor and stuff.. not critters or people sorry

You don't need new meshes for new animations. Animation replacers are all over nexus, they don't use new models.

Pretty cool idea, but It would take new meshes and "animation-skeleton" to make. Which I think is pretty hard.

re: new meshes & skeleton I don't believe so. You can see that the dismemberment info is in the model (for the Nyx suit the OP posted), just as it is (or should be) with with every armor/outfit.

One way to do this would be to use niVis controllers to remove the limbs which allows the meatcaps to show through. You'd need a script to determine when to switch it on and off, and you can drop a misc items (arm or leg) when you do so.

Re: the animations, walking/running is going to be a problem (visually) with one leg (or both) missing, but realistically no one is going to create a separate animation for it.....so that's a dead end (immersion breaking). But all animations will "work" (can be used) fine whether the model has it's limbs or not, it's just going to look/move the same whether that piece of the mesh is visible or not.