Removal of enemy 'health bar'

DarthTeddyBear

I dislike knowing exactly how much health an enemy has as it lessens immersion i.e. instead of retreating to a safe place to restore health etc before I continue I know one more shot will be enough so I soldier forth.

I have tried to make this not show up with the same solution I used for removing the 'sneak' status but have so far failed.

To remove the sneak I added the 2 bottom lines

<text name="sneak_nif">

<visible>&false;</visible>

<alpha>0</alpha>

Cheers,

Darth Teddy Bear

DarNified UI for Oblivion made the healthbar display in that game toggleable thru in game menu. Any idea if DarN or a similar UI mod exists for FO3? Might help.

Also, if I may ask, why do you find it such an immersion breaker? I would find it even more of an immersion breaker to have no indication whatsoever of the enemy's health. Real combatants get those indications through an enemy's posture, and later through signs of blood and wounding, and finally through gasping, limping and feeble attacks. FO3 offers no such indicators, so I'd much rather have a healthbar than nothing at all.

Just a question/ point for thought, and not an attempt to tell you that your mod request is wrong or anything obnoxious like that. :happy:

DarNified UI for Oblivion made the healthbar display in that game toggleable thru in game menu. Any idea if DarN or a similar UI mod exists for FO3? Might help.

Also, if I may ask, why do you find it such an immersion breaker? I would find it even more of an immersion breaker to have no indication whatsoever of the enemy's health. Real combatants get those indications through an enemy's posture, and later through signs of blood and wounding, and finally through gasping, limping and feeble attacks. FO3 offers no such indicators, so I'd much rather have a healthbar than nothing at all.

Just a question/ point for thought, and not an attempt to tell you that your mod request is wrong or anything obnoxious like that. :happy:

I am using the DarNified UI F3 and it is is an incredible mod, your prompting made me see that there is a 'prefabs' directory for DarNified that might have what I want.

You do make a valid point and I will consider these when I next play. You are right, unfortunately the damaged limbs affect is quite poor and when I see a critical hit come up for his right arm I am wondering how he is still using that limb, arrrrggggh.

I appreciate the opposing view.

I am using the DarNified UI F3 and it is is an incredible mod, your prompting made me see that there is a 'prefabs' directory for DarNified that might have what I want.

Hrm, that's lame. In the Oblivion DarNified UI there was an in-game radio button that let you turn off enemy healthbars. I was hoping that would be the same in Fallout 3. If you've got to go rooting through XML files for a solution then that means we still need a mod for this after all.

• 4 months later...

Hrm, that's lame. In the Oblivion DarNified UI there was an in-game radio button that let you turn off enemy healthbars. I was hoping that would be the same in Fallout 3. If you've got to go rooting through XML files for a solution then that means we still need a mod for this after all.

There is an option in Prefabs directory, DUIF3Settings.xml is the file you are looking for. I've just got rid of this nasty little bugger of a bar through editing of that config file.

There is an option in Prefabs directory, DUIF3Settings.xml is the file you are looking for. I've just got rid of this nasty little bugger of a bar through editing of that config file.

Kudos to you man. I did this several months ago but tried so many different things I couldn't remember what it was if I ever needed to again.

• 11 years later...

Hello everyone. I sort of managed to remove the health of the enemies. I'm not an expert, it happened by accident)) it happens. In file "hud_main_menu.xml" need add a couple of zeros on the line, as in the example below. And that's all. It seems to work flawlessly. Enjoy the game everyone.

<rect name="EnemyHealth">
<id> &noglow_branch; </id>
<systemcolor>&hudmain;</systemcolor>
<width> 3500 </width>
<height> 5200 </height>
</rect>

If you think that's an useful feature to any of us players here you are mistaken.

I personally feel really irked that I cant know correct amount of HP each hostile (which I deal by creating a showstat.txt including 6-7 command line that will show target's hp, dr, combat skill whenever I bat showstat in console).

If you delete the minimal feature existed in F3 vanilla, be assured that any mod of yours contain that work would not get even looked at by yours truly, and I dont think I am alone in this regard.

We are playing a game, not looking at a movie and dont know how much HP an actor still has.

There's only ONE situation where that feature of yours has any "use": videotubing.

Tubers are going to make some video and delete any game feature to make them look "movie-like". In which case, yes, this might feel helpful to them.

Edited by laclongquan